• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor" RE: Fantazio new Story Trailer

Raven117

Stroty looking good!

I’ll be a bit honest though, I wish the vibe was more that first teaser reveal teaser than what we have now.

This just looked strange. Turned many tropes on their head. But. Oh well. I’ll still be there day 1

Madonis

fBqnlD8.gif

It's an interesting scene, but other than tension and perhaps occasional innuendo or flirting...there won't be any actual romance elements and so I won't expect anything more.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's an interesting scene, but other than tension and perhaps occasional innuendo or flirting...there won't be any actual romance elements and so I won't expect anything more.
There still could have romance as part of main story instead of being optional like in Persona series.

Madonis

There still could have romance as part of main story instead of being optional like in Persona series.

I'd like that myself, but the article(s) refer to them not wanting to spend time on the protagonist's love story and so on.

Therefore, I expect only teasing at best and leaving the rest up to the player's imagination.

Danjin44

The model and animation is literally Pixie (the demon you can summon in SMT/Persona). The more I see of this game the more I'm convinced that this is just a Persona game outside of the high school setting.
From gameplay perspective it’s much closer to SMT than Persona.

Also they are both faries but their design vastly different from each other.
d_QPxvCy60gqKSln3mqdDg.37758.webp
tWUyfT9.png

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Forgot to post these screenshots with the 'humans' that took me by surprise when watching the latest Metaphor showcase. Really looking forward to this AoT game. 👀

GRvcI2EbAAAFem8

GRvcNZ4acAIia8y

Last edited:

Danjin44

I like how the fairy sits in his should as you explore, I kind of wish SMTV did this with some of the smaller demons like Pixie or Amanozako.

Last edited:

Danjin44

What is the gameloop of this thing? Like persona?
Yes and no. Unlike Persona you are not stuck in one city, there are mutiple cities you visit through out the game and open fields with dungeons. But it has calendar system somewhat like Persona and there are supporters you bond with but there is no romance.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yes and no. Unlike Persona you are not stuck in one city, there are mutiple cities you visit through out the game and open fields with dungeons. But it has calendar system somewhat like Persona and there are supporters you bond with but there is no romance.
Don't spoiler me much, but is that pic with the shingeki no kyojin giant on the street a big part of the plot or like the incipit?

Because that pic alone made me interested in the game.

GRvcNZ4acAIia8y

Last edited:

Danjin44

Don't spoiler me much, but is that pic with the shingeki no kyojin giant on the street a big part of the plot or like the incipit?

Because that pic alone made me interested in the game.
They are main enemies you fight, that’s not really spoiler.

Merkades

How does Atlus not know what anti aliasing is in mid 2024? It is not like this game is anything special in the looks department. And considering I still have not played my day one edition of P5, I think it is safe to say that I no longer particularly like Atlus, especially their "cool" UI styling.

Top Bottom