• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor" RE: Fantazio new Story Trailer

Go_Ly_Dow

Eyes Looking GIF by Bounce

Hrk69

Gold Member
How does Atlus not know what anti aliasing is in mid 2024? It is not like this game is anything special in the looks department. And considering I still have not played my day one edition of P5, I think it is safe to say that I no longer particularly like Atlus, especially their "cool" UI styling.

Imagine skipping an Atlus game because of no/poor anti aliasing

John C Reilly Seriously GIF

Last edited:

sigmaZ

How does Atlus not know what anti aliasing is in mid 2024? It is not like this game is anything special in the looks department. And considering I still have not played my day one edition of P5, I think it is safe to say that I no longer particularly like Atlus, especially their "cool" UI styling.
It seems way better than when they first revealed the game, but yeah I get you. Especially, considering how P5 and SMTV look. Not gonna stop me from playing though, but it makes me weary what other compromises may have been made.

Hudo

I mean, you can turn on AA in the graphics options menu, usually. And if, for some reason, the option is not there, you can force AA via the GPU driver.

Merkades

Imagine not reading the part of my post where I said Atlus has passed me by. Did you not see that I still haven't played P5? Was it too many words and you did not get that far?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Imagine not reading the part of my post where I said Atlus has passed me by. Did you not see that I still haven't played P5? Was it too many words and you did not get that far?
Then you just here to complain about graphics of the game you never care for in the first place?

Hrk69

Gold Member
What are you on about?

I reacted to the fact that you 'dont particularly like Atlus games'

I mean it's fine if you don't like a certain game or developer, but your reasoning is peculiar.

Plus, you don't like their UI. Why even buy Persona 5 in the first place?

It doesn't give you extra rights to complain or something.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little

Thats just WILDDDDD!

I've never played there games for these reasons, I'd never skip their games for these reasons (I don't play anything for such a dumb reason anyway lol)

Then you just here to complain about graphics of the game you never care for in the first place?
I'm saying! lol This is like me showing up in a Madden thread lol

I don't know if this is reason enough to skip such a game.

Look at the Souls games, their imaging and graphic stuff is usually pretty dated, but majority simply don't care and play it for fun vs some exact graphical setting or something.

Merkades

What are you on about?

I reacted to the fact that you 'dont particularly like Atlus games'

I mean it's fine if you don't like a certain game or developer, but your reasoning is peculiar.

Plus, you don't like their UI. Why even buy Persona 5 in the first place?

It doesn't give you extra rights to complain or something.
Man I hope this does not continue. What I am on about is literally your very first sentence. The one where you say "Imagine skipping an Atlus game because of no/poor anti aliasing". I never said anything about skipping it because of that. I did complain about it, but that is not exactly a big deal. I just also noted that it seems Atlus is probably not for me anymore.

I bought P5 because I have bought ~8 SMT/P/DDS games, and have beaten ~5-6 or so. On reflection, I never really enjoyed them, hence Atlus is probably not for me. And yes, I can complain if I want to, especially when a dev does a low effort thing like skipping AA or AF on a mid (graphically) game, at best.

Danjin44 Danjin44 - Am I not allowed to check out games and post an opinion on them? One that is objectively accurate? I did not shit on how much I hate their UI, or their music for that matter. Those are subjective, and I only mentioned that I was not a fan of the UI. Also, even though I utterly hate, as an example, Bethesda, I will still check out trailers because one day, against all odds, they may make a decent or even good game. Man I think Atlus fans are as bad as Ninty fans on their being overprotective of their chosen company.

EDMIX EDMIX - Just stop saying. Really, you added nothing. You commented on something I never actually said. If you would like proof that I don't skip games just for their graphics (or lack of AA), my Steam username is the same as here and public. You will find more than a few dated games, to include a handful of RPGMaker games.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Man I hope this does not continue. What I am on about is literally your very first sentence. The one where you say "Imagine skipping an Atlus game because of no/poor anti aliasing". I never said anything about skipping it because of that. I did complain about it, but that is not exactly a big deal. I just also noted that it seems Atlus is probably not for me anymore.
I obviously assumed you were going to skip Atlus games because you don't like them.

But you do you, have fun playing games you dislike. Seems like a waste of time honestly. I'm sure the industry appreciates the sales.

Last edited:

Danjin44

A t this point we will know everything about the game before it releases
Atlus alway does this during marketing, they did daily videos for demon with SMTV as well.

Also its not really spoiler, it just some lore about its world and different races.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
At this point we will know everything about the game before it releases
Yeah I think Atlus has been going way too hard with the marketing of their latests games.

A few trailers are fine, but showing so much is overkill.

I just finished a Persona 3 Reload > Persona 4 Golden > Persona 5 Royal > Persona 5 Strikers bender. I need something to bridge the gap until this game comes out.

I even started playing the Persona dancing spin-offs and Tokyo Mirage Sessions to try and get my fix like someone trying to quit heroin for Percs, but it's just not cutting it.

Danjin44

I just finished a Persona 3 Reload > Persona 4 Golden > Persona 5 Royal > Persona 5 Strikers bender. I need something to bridge the gap until this game comes out.

I even started playing the Persona dancing spin-offs and Tokyo Mirage Sessions to try and get my fix like someone trying to quit heroin for Percs, but it's just not cutting it.
Why not play mainline SMT game like Shin Megami Tensei 5 Vengeance?

Why not play mainline SMT game like Shin Megami Tensei 5 Vengeance?
I was THIS close to buying it the other day, but after dropping $60 for the Persona dancing game bundle and not really digging those, I was gun-shy on spending more on SMTVV so soon. I'd like to play SMTVV on PC. The cheapest I saw it was $45 on a key site. I'd rather wait until it goes on sale on Steam so my money goes more directly to Atlus to show support.

I would like to play it through some day soon, though.

It's probably inevitable I buy it, like, today, now that you re-planted the seed lol

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
How many characters are actually combat allies? Is it the ones they have showed?
We know 7 of the allies that will join us. There will be one from each tribe and there are 8 tribes. Some more of the allies we didn't know about were mentioned in the Atlus Showcase, I'll list them below and spoiler tag incase some want to go in completely blind. Also the 8 doesn't include Gallica the fairy.

Protagonist - Elda tribe
Gallica - NPC fairy

Strohl - Clemar tribe
Hulkenberg - Roussainte tribe
Heismay - Eugief tribe
Grits - Rhoag tribe
Neuras - Ishkia tribe
Junah - Nidia tribe

??? - Paripus tribe
??? - Mustari tribe

More - he's tribe has not mentioned yet but its either Paripus or Mustari.

Hrk69

Gold Member
I was THIS close to buying it the other day, but after dropping $60 for the Persona dancing game bundle and not really digging those, I was gun-shy on spending more on SMTVV so soon. I'd like to play SMTVV on PC. The cheapest I saw it was $45 on a key site. I'd rather wait until it goes on sale on Steam so my money goes more directly to Atlus to show support.

I would like to play it through some day soon, though.

It's probably inevitable I buy it, like, today, now that you re-planted the seed lol
It's amazing. Oh, and the music. It's banger after banger

Labadal

I caved in and pre-ordered. I had a lot of credit at my vide game store, so I went ahead and did it. This is one of two games I have pre-ordered in 24.

Man does anyone actually watch all these videos? With Atlus marketing I feel like you can experience the whole game and know everything about it before it even comes out.

Danjin44

Man does anyone actually watch all these videos? With Atlus marketing I feel like you can experience the whole game and know everything about it before it even comes out.
They are not all spoilery they just small lore behind characters, races and cities. They are similar to daily demons videos in SMTV.

Top Bottom