• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor Re:Fantazio | Review Thread

What scores do you think Metaphor: ReFantazio will get?

• 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-64%

• 65-69%

• 70-74%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Draugoth

Gold Member
770pZu9.jpeg

KtrspOt.jpeg

wc0e49tv2p

YR4xJsO.jpeg

n6q8O5G.jpeg

The demo clocks in at around 60GB on Xbox and 23GB on PlayStation 5.​
The demo will includes five hours of gameplay, with all progress carrying over to the full release​

vrnJHWM.jpeg

WvH4Wfv.png

DZSzDSG.png
Q7ifn7N.png
GsUMeOd.png

01-2farzzlede.jpg

mOrxoqB.png
PS5

Xbox Series X

PC

WM9u1yg.jpeg

What Time Will Metaphor: ReFantazio Be Released?​

No exact release time for Metaphor: ReFantazio has been confirmed, but it seems likely the game will be available to play from midnight EST on October 11, 2024, in all regions.

Is Metaphor: ReFantazio A Part Of Shin Megami Tensai?​

No, Metaphor ReFantazio is not a part of the Shin Megami series, nor is it connected to Persona. It's simply developed by the same studio as both those series.

Will Metaphor: ReFantazio Have Social Links?​

While Fantazio will not have the same social link mechanics as Persona per se, screenshots do seem to indicate its Memorandum will be very similar.​

SiBqG1m.jpeg

TBA...

Last edited:

Caio

The reactions so far have been predominantly positive, with growing anticipation surrounding the story and design. However, the details regarding the gameplay have not been fully explored, leaving some room for uncertainty.

Considering all factors, a reasonable prediction would place the game between 85% and 90% on Metacritic, with slight potential for either an increase or decrease depending on how its innovative elements and pacing are received.

Ok, I say 88%.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
The blue haired boy looks like a little girl so the media will give it solid 10s. 🤣

But seriously after getting past all the presentation bs there is a solid game there in the demo.

ARK1391

Demo was sooo good. I've played through it probably 10 times and finally have a save I'm happy with to carry over.

Hoping for ~90, but critics are a coin toss these days. I'm mega hyped regardless of the reviews. The demo was all I needed to confirm this will be my GOTY for 2024.

If this scores 90+ i might have to get it despite hating the garish designs of the characters and UI. It's so all over the place with its design, while being a Persona clone it lacks that very cohesive and defined style those games are known for. I also dislike the music that I've heard so far.

I'm sure the battles will be fun and the story has a lot of potential to go places and challenge ideas, you know, do the metaphysical introspective thing that Persona games are known for.

I'll admit, it's shallow of me to base my decision off a high score and typically I don't go down that path, but I kinda need to be pushed to look past the things I've complained about. If it really is THAT good, maybe the characters and setting can grow on me. We'll see.

I think 88 is a good bet.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What chance does it have of topping Rebirth for you!?
funny cuz me and misses spoke about this very recently - I think there's a 0% chance that'll happen NO MATTER how good Metaphor ends up being. Rebirth was a 150 hour vacation for us with tons of fun and especially nostalgia - it's VERY hard for a new ip to stand a chance against this. With that being said, nostalgia aside, Metaphor might very well end up being the -actual- better game :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Kurotri

Thanks to only recently getting into Atlus games with Persona 5 Royal in 2020, my wait for this game was only 4 years long. This game was announced in 2016. There are souls out there that have been waiting 8 years for this which is wild to me. However we have finally arrived at the moment of truth. After having played the demo I fully expect this to reach high 80s at the very least. I do not expect it to reach Persona 5 levels but this will be one of the best games of the year guaranteed. I'm gonna go with 85 - 89.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m more than confident that I’m gonna enjoy this game, what “scores” it get wouldn’t make any difference to me.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I’m more than confident that I’m gonna enjoy this game, what “scores” it get wouldn’t make any difference to me.
Scores don't matter IMO.

Besides we got people that have spent over 100 hours farming a dungeon to max rank all the current Archetypes and farming lots of items. Which means there are ways to get lots of XP/Money and finding loopholes in the "time limit" to do stuff.

funny cuz me and misses spoke about this very recently - I think there's a 0% chance that'll happen NO MATTER how good Metaphor ends up being. Rebirth was a 150 hour vacation for us with tons of fun and especially nostalgia - it's VERY hard for a new ip to stand a chance against this. With that being said, nostalgia aside, Metaphor might very well end up being the -actual- better game :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Yeah OG FFVII was THE game for alot of us growing up.

Almost impossible for a new game to compete with that unless it literally becomes the best game ever lol.

StueyDuck

I am really hoping this isnt one of those "from the creators of popular IP" that disappoints.

Here's hoping it's great. I do think high 70s low 80s though

Last edited:

Hookshot

Gold Member
Went low 80's. This is the ugliest game I've seen in a long time., like they've accidentally been showing the Switch version all this time.

Top Bottom