• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor Re:Fantazio | Review Thread

What scores do you think Metaphor: ReFantazio will get?

• 55-60%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 61-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 48 29.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nial

Definitely looks like they delivered on the follow through. Better reviews than P5 god damn. In a slow holiday season like this I can see it doing very well.
With Silent Hill, Dragon Ball, Mario Party, Dragon Age and even Sonic, it's definitely not a slow holiday season, lol. But I bet it's going to do well.

Madonis

I've already bought way too many other games for this month, so I'll leave this for another time (maybe for Winter, I suppose? That sounds like a plan), but I'm sure this will be great after reading those reviews.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
* Has hee-hos
659888DED30BBC43649FDE68CF34694527FC83E6

Any review mentions the performance on PC? I am doubting between PC or PS5 thats why I ask and could not find much on Google, only a thread about the Demo itself.

Skelterz

I played for like 6/7 hours and it started to annoy me when I was high and chilling. Went to the Church ingame and just got a bit weird feeling.
When I talked to a person it just was swaying like crazy. With the dialogue boxes also being very jumpy, it just annoyed me and kinda made me feel weird.

I never have any problems with moving stuff or motion sickness or anything like that, but this made me feel a bit quasy.
That doesn’t sound like a game problem that sounds like a drug problem 😂.

Team creates their own distinct style of JRPG with various concepts across multiple games.

Same original team adapt and refresh their own ideas into a new IP that has recieved high critical acclaim right off the bat.

That's not what creative bankuptcy is at all. Quite the opposite.
Systems wise it's far too similar to my liking. I was hoping this would deviate from the Persona franchise to be something can stand on its own.

It's kinda funny and a bit ironic (most likely intentional) that these new "Personas" are called "Archetypes" and that this games characters themselves fill the archetypes of characters in previous Persona games.
As we all know (right?) the ideas and philosophies in Persona games are inspired by writings of Carl Jung who talked about the notion of archetypes and the collective unconscious.

So I mean
the-interview-james-franco.gif

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I think the best moment to play these Atlus big ass RPGs is only release date, so when they release the enhanced version you might be up for a replay with more content.
Man I hope they don’t do this “release a better version of the same game 1-2 years later” thing.

too bad for you I guess? I enjoyed crap out of SMTV and I’m gonna enjoy Metaphor as well.
Yes, it is too bad for me. Atlus (Persona and SMT teams) have gone full shonen copy paste slop and there is no going back. I'm not trying to say anyone shouldn't enjoy it, just stating my opinion.
I'm finally coming to realize that after Persona 5, the new direction has strayed too far from what attracted me to those series in the first place. And with this new IP, they failed create anything unique to make it stand on its own.

finalflame

Yes, it is too bad for me. Atlus (Persona and SMT teams) have gone full shonen copy paste slop and there is no going back. I'm not trying to say anyone shouldn't enjoy it, just stating my opinion.
I'm finally coming to realize that after Persona 5, the new direction has strayed too far from what attracted me to those series in the first place. And with this new IP, they failed create anything unique to make it stand on its own.
e26.jpg

Can't wait to play this -- demo sucked me in, even if some of the pacing feels meh. GoT already has me totally fucking desensitized to bullshit anyway, lol.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Best platform to play this on? Is it 60fps anywhere?
I'd say PC for the usual reasons, but I guess it runs fine on consoles even if the IQ isn't the best as far as I'm aware. Lots of jaggies everywhere apparently, which on PC you can circunvent by forcing a higher internal res or even forcing AA from the GPU control panel.

GHG

I'd say PC for the usual reasons, but I guess it runs fine on consoles even if the IQ isn't the best as far as I'm aware. Lots of jaggies everywhere apparently, which on PC you can circunvent by forcing a higher internal res or even forcing AA from the GPU control panel.

There's a resolution scale option on PC. Just whack it to 150 or 200 and forget about aliasing.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Finished the demo on both the Steam Deck and the PS5, unsure of which version to buy...

Steam Deck performance has improved with recent patches, PS5 version was always stable enough. Decisions decisions!

I could always play the PS5 version via Chiaki4deck as well, can't decide haha.

Either way, this will be my GOTY for sure whatever system I end playing it on.
Get the PS5 version. You'll have access to the game on both platforms: PS5 and Deck (Chiaki) without worrying about performance and patches on Steam Deck.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
With Silent Hill, Dragon Ball, Mario Party, Dragon Age and even Sonic, it's definitely not a slow holiday season, lol. But I bet it's going to do well.
Sorry, but a remake of a 13 year old Sonic game, the 19th Mario Party game, some Dragon Ball thing, and Dragon Age title that is shaping up to be a commercial black hole? Not exactly a blockbuster line up.

There are really not a lot of big AAA games or really GotY contenders releasing this Q4 like we usually see. There are games coming out but it's much slower than usual.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Man I hope they don’t do this “release a better version of the same game 1-2 years later” thing.
In my opinion I want experience the first version because usually like P5 Royal and P3 Reload the add things that breaks entire game’s difficulty.

SMT5 Vengeance was the only one made proper difficulty changes while still make the game challenging and fun.

Top Bottom