• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

JonnyKong

It depresses me that I can't play this as due to the layout of my bedroom I have to sit pretty close to the TV whilst playing games, so I don't have enough room to wave a Wiimote around.

Gutted. :(

Dicer

Banned
Wii Mote controllers... Ugh.

Im not sure if I can play this, couldnt play Skyward Sword due the awful controllers.

Let it go...

It's the best use of the wii mote, deal with it, or stop griping...

Triple dippin as soon as it's up on the shop!
It depresses me that I can't play this as due to the layout of my bedroom I have to sit pretty close to the TV whilst playing games, so I don't have enough room to wave a Wiimote around.

Gutted. :(

You don't need to "wave" anything around.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Is the game still internally rendered at 480p and its just upscaled to 1080p

OR is the game now internally rendered at 1080p?

Please say yes to the latter....

I'm dying if so!

Doran902

Can't wait to get off work and play this later. Still own the first 2 on gamecube and 3rd on wii but 9.99 for remastered versions of the first 2 is a steal on its own.

Metroid Prime is one of the greatest games ever made imo.

vareon

Played Prime, but not Echoes and Corruption. But I'm mainly interested in Corruption..should I play Echoes first?

Unless you are six inches or less from your TV, you will be fine, even for games that require sweeping movement (which Metroid Prime is not one of).

But seeing as this sounds like a post from 2006, you probably already have your mind set.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never did beat MP1 back in the day which is why I never got the rest of the series. Looking forward to giving it another chance.

Despera

Banned
Even though I'm a huge Super Metroid fan, I'm ashamed to admit that I've only played the first Metroid Prime back in the day.

Once I get a Wii U when Xenoblade X comes out, I'll make sure to pick this up as well.

trixx

Even though I'm a huge Super Metroid fan, I'm ashamed to admit that I've only played the first Metroid Prime back in the day.

Once I get a Wii U when Xenoblade X comes out, I'll make sure to pick this up as well.

you can pick it up when is live on the e-shop on Nintendo's website. That way you get the game for $10. It will be a dl code.

Amazing thread.
The entire trilogy for $9.99?
kid-with-asthma-inhaler.jpeg

Forkball

I never did beat MP1 back in the day which is why I never got the rest of the series. Looking forward to giving it another chance.

Same here. I quit around the Phazon Mines since that area was pretty tough and I realized I had maybe two Chozo artifacts. Time to get my revenge.

Same here. I quit around the Phazon Mines since that area was pretty tough and I realized I had maybe two Chozo artifacts. Time to get my revenge.
Idk if it's for the controls or a new balance made for the remaster but I found Phazon Mines to be way less frustrating in Trilogy.
Played Prime, but not Echoes and Corruption. But I'm mainly interested in Corruption..should I play Echoes first?
Even though the story isn't complicated or that important, you should play Echoes before so Corruptions feels a little more epic, being the conclusion of this adventure. On the other hand, you won't really ruin or spoil anything by playing Corruption before.

vareon

Does anyone here use a flash drive for Wii U's external memory?

I'm almost out of space and I really don't want to shell $50 to play a $10 game, especially when I don't go digital that much to begin with.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Verger, you should add a link to the eShop download in your post when it's available if you weren't already planning on it. That way people can make sure to get the sale price even if they can't download it yet.

Despera

Banned
you can pick it up when is live on the e-shop on Nintendo's website. That way you get the game for $10. It will be a dl code.
Yeah I'm considering this option. Might actually bite the bullet and just do it lol

Edit:
Verger, you should add a link to the eShop download in your post when it's available if you weren't already planning on it. That way people can make sure to get the sale price even if they can't download it yet.
I was looking for the eshop link just now so I second this.

jblank83

Does anyone here use a flash drive for Wii U's external memory?

I'm almost out of space and I really don't want to shell $50 to play a $10 game, especially when I don't go digital that much to begin with.

You can do it but it's not recommended. By far the most common complaints of lost data are from users who use flash drives. That said, it usually is still a minor number of complaints in general.

Vandole

I tried Prime out back in the day, but it wasn't for me. FPS just don't click with me, even if this is more of a first person adventure. But at $10 for the whole trilogy I really feel like I need to give it another shot.

I currently don't have the space on my wiiu to download this (I have both smash and mk8 installed).

Is it possible to purchase it from the eshop but then download it a month later when I get a new SD card??

I wish they updated Dark Samus to have a consistent design in all three games (yes, even her hand in Prime 1)

I had the same complaint on the original Wii Release. It's jarring to go through all three games in one huge epic, only to have the main villain drastically alter appearances between the games.

It's even more of an issue to me because I find Prime 3's Dark Samus to be far better looking and designed than Prime 2's design.

Just nitpicking I guess.

Gusy

Some days I wake up and think that Metroid Prime is the best game of all time. Some days I wake up and that spot is replaced by System Shock 2.

Today It's one of those Metroid Prime days.. Please buy this game. These developers deserve to be supported, and maybe , just maybe, our money will send a message to Nintendo.

PS. I would also argue that MP3 could be the best looking game ever made, from an artistic design standpoint. And is without any doubt the greatest achievement in motion control gaming to date.

Looking forward to getting this. I got the first game in 2005ish and enjoyed what I played of it
I was at a fire area, and had fought a plant boss I think
, but I wasn't really a fan of the whole having to stand still to aim or however the aiming system worked.

Can I buy stuff from the eShop if I don't have enough room for it? I know you can on PSN, but I've noticed eShop titles say you don't have enough room to download this product in their descriptions.

Anyone have some buying advice for those of us who sold/got rid of their Wii remote + nunchuk a long time ago? Where's the best place to pick one of those sets up on the cheap?

Yagharek

I currently don't have the space on my wiiu to download this (I have both smash and mk8 installed).

Is it possible to purchase it from the eshop but then download it a month later when I get a new SD card??

You don't need an SD card. You need an external HDD.

takriel

I tried Prime out back in the day, but it wasn't for me. FPS just don't click with me, even if this is more of a first person adventure. But at $10 for the whole trilogy I really feel like I need to give it another shot.

I was the same back when Prime came out on the GameCube. Today, however, I love playing it, and the motion controls add a new level of depth to the gameplay, which might excite you even more.

Just like Mario Galaxy 1+2 the Metroid Prime Trilogy looks pretty good on my 46" LED TV.
Of course there are jaggies(480p after all) but in motion they are hardly noticeable anymore.
The WiiU upscales the games way nicer than my TV does when played on Wii.
Everything is clearly visible

Thanks to the great art and the buttersmooth locked 60fps they are still quite the lookers. Especially MP3 shows less signs of aging due the higher poly count and bloom lightning.

I'm prefectly fine with the result(s)

MP1
5aWundf.jpg

MP2
QdomS8o.jpg

MP3
xncy99G.jpg

H2ESJRC.jpg

After playing Trilogy, I can't go back to the original. The controls are just too good. I know that's quite a statement, but it's absolutely true.

Sadly, I've only ever been able to borrow a copy, so this is an amazing deal.

I'm in the same boat. Anyone know?

Just like Mario Galaxy 1+2 the Metroid Prime Trilogy looks pretty good on my 46" LED TV.
The underscan is not as bad as I remember. I think the "cinematic" zoom on my TV may bee able to crop that blank space off without loosing much of the picture vertically.

Anyone have some buying advice for those of us who sold/got rid of their Wii remote + nunchuk a long time ago? Where's the best place to pick one of those sets up on the cheap?
You can get a refurbished set from Nintendo for $25
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150198

I'm in the same boat. Anyone know?
You can buy the game from the Nintendo webstore, you get a code you can redeem when you have the space.

I've got a dirt cheap wii mote and nunchuk, from the little i understand of this series they're not typical fps's that require pinpoint accuracy or quick reflexes or all that much shooting, they're more like puzzle games right? Quite slow paced?

Will my pound shop equipment be ok for this? I don't think i'd want to rely on them if i needed precise shooting or movement.

Kagemusha

Can you install games to SD cards? I thought SD cards were only good for game saves and VC downloads from original wii shop.

i-Jest

Just cancel the download in download management and it should be in your download list on the Eshop.

I will buy this for MP1 with Wii controls alone.

MP2 is not at all enjoyable (imo) and MP3 is decent but I don't need to revisit it.

Aesnath

Ugh, I'm so conflicted. I played the originals (i.e. gamecube and wii, not trilogy), and while I'm up for playing them again, I was not a fan of the pointer controls of prime 3. I wish they had included different controller options!

Why do games insist on making me play in a certain way!?

Well aiming with the remote is quite different from twin stick fps. Have you tried that on wii or move before?

Gonna buy this as soon as I get home. I think I have 12 gigs free so I am safe storage wise. Never even played the second game :)

Question:
I know the disc version of this is hard to find and are expensive...but is that just for sealed copies?

I was in a Gamestop two days ago and they had 7 copies of this (non Collections edition) for 26 bucks. I thought that was pretty good but with the D/L version coming for 10 bucks I didnt bother getting one.

This game reminds me I need to figure out what is bugging out my sensor bar. Played Mario Galaxy 2 recently and the pointer would starting shaking around even when my hand was still.

Not gonna be fun dealing with that in this.

VariantX

Let it go...

It's the best use of the wii mote, deal with it, or stop griping...

Triple dippin as soon as it's up on the shop!

You don't need to "wave" anything around.

Seriously, people, just move your wrist. It's not at all like a kinect where you have to have room to flail around like a madman.

Top Bottom