• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Trilogy WiiU |OT| - Samus it Ever Was. Now with Ridleyculous low price!

Buying this so hopefully we get another Metroid game before another damn Donkey Kong game.

Shame that my disc based Metroid Prime Trilogy dropped so much in price. :/

Considering buying the Trilogy as I've never played any of the Metroid games.

The resolution looks like crap though. Can someone post a brief impression of the resolution?

The resolution looks like crap though. Can someone post a brief impression of the resolution?

iamaustrian posted his impressions a couple pages back.

Just like Mario Galaxy 1+2 the Metroid Prime Trilogy looks pretty good on my 46" LED TV.
Of course there are jaggies(480p after all) but in motion they are hardly noticeable anymore.
The WiiU upscales the games way nicer than my TV does when played on Wii.
Everything is clearly visible

Thanks to the great art and the buttersmooth locked 60fps they are still quite the lookers. Especially MP3 shows less signs of aging due the higher poly count and bloom lightning.

I'm prefectly fine with the result(s)

MP1
5aWundf.jpg

MP2
QdomS8o.jpg

MP3
xncy99G.jpg

H2ESJRC.jpg

I got Prime for my 14th birthday, bought the trilogy from Gamestop but never got around to playing through. I will triple dip for the digital convenience and preserve the discs. Can't wait!

Dicer

Banned

To you and anyone on the fence due to anything from "lol graphics" to "lol I need to flail the remote around"

JUST BUY THE FUCKING GAME!!!

ChaosXVI

Can't wait to double dip on this and have an excuse to replay the Trilogy once again. I've played all 3 games at least once a year since 2007. Prime and Echoes multiple times per year before that. Prime is my favorite game ever made, and Prime 3 used to be my 2nd favorite in the Trilogy, but every time I beat Prime 2 I master it more and more yet it still can challenge me at parts when I replay it.

This is a steal for all, and hopefully it shows Nintendo that yes, these games are beloved, and so is the Metroid franchise.

georly

I have the disc, and I want to buy it digitally so i don't have to keep using the disc... but 8 gigs... that means i'd have to buy a hard drive :(

what can be said?
All three games are all 480p games upscaled to 720p or 1080p and they look perfectly fine.
jaggies are obviously visible but you hardly recognize em while in motion

edit: beaten by dancrane212 and ..uhm..myself

terrisus

I hate virtually all first-person games
I hate these games
These games killed the Metroid series on consoles

But, I'm going to buy this, and I'm going to give it my best effort.

ChuyMasta

Thank you both.
I am somehow still stuck in the Ridley is too big joke f4om smash I thought this was a follow up.

TRIPPLE DIPPING AS SOON AS I GET HOME!

Btw, your save files transfer. I don't know how obvious/well known that is, but considering some of the questions, I'll throw my bit of knowledge out there.

Samus it ever was = same as it ever was
Ridleyculous = ridiculous

Ridley is a boss that's present in most (all?) Metroid games

The title is basically just a couple of puns as far as I know.

I hate virtually all first-person games
I hate these games
These games killed the Metroid series on consoles

But, I'm going to buy this, and I'm going to give it my best effort.

If anything, I feel the Prime games allowed the series to survive.

I really do want a classic 2D entry again at some point though on a Nintendo console. Or a third person game that doesn't play like Other M (even though "gasp" I liked that game)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I still kind of wonder what Nintendo was thinking going with Trilogy here. Maybe they were going to do Prime 3 but realized they weren't going to do GC VC anyway, so hell with it, just put Trilogy on there instead? No difference for Nintendo and fans rejoice because it's a good deal?

Tarps

I have the disc, and I want to buy it digitally so i don't have to keep using the disc... but 8 gigs... that means i'd have to buy a hard drive :(

You'll probably have needed one sooner or later, might as well have 7 Gigs of Prime on there to get it started.

Cant believe it took this long but finally MPT on Wii U, here I come!, I remember finishing the first one in the cube but never played the other 2.

terrisus

These games returned Metroid to the golden status that it should've always been after a 8 year absence.

Yes, they had a lapse in existing after Yokoi's death.
But, they would have returned eventually.
This is not how I wanted them to return.

Ecto311

Felt bad last year I needed cash so I sold my sealed steel case of this trilogy and the guide for $200. Now I don't feel bad at all.

Really want to get this again but will wait a bit to see if this cause the physical version to drop in price. If not then I'm buying this for the third time.

Downloading, I fucking love Metroid Prime but never played the first two with the Wii controls (the times I let Metroid Prime Trilogy stay on the shelves thinking I'd buy it later... if I only knew). Can't wait to replay it be honest.

I remember hating Metroid Prime 1 because I felt like I had to scan every single plant and shit in the game, is that still true? Is that true for the sequels? Otherwise, I have 5 bucks credit so I feel like I shouldn't pass up on this whole trilogy for 5 bucks

Kinsei

Banned
Next stop other m?

Hopefully not.

I remember hating Metroid Prime 1 because I felt like I had to scan every single plant and shit in the game, is that still true? Is that true for the sequels? Otherwise, I have 5 bucks credit so I feel like I shouldn't pass up on this whole trilogy for 5 bucks

No and no. The relevant stuff to scan is enemies (if you want to learn about their ecology) and Chozo scriptures/pirate computers (if you want to learn about the lore). There are a few points where scanning is mandatory, but it's always really obvious when and what you have to scan.

Most of the scanning is optional.

I don't understand how people can prefer the original controls. Like, I literally don't understand that opinion. It's almost factually incorrect.

Seik

Banned
I probably might join you guys tonight or next week by playing my copy via Dolphin.

I tried a couple of months ago and it crashed on me a couple of time so I decided to wait a bit for more dev builds to come out. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Beautiful OP, by the way! :D

Top Bottom