• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Wow, the few seconds of Halo 3 teaser trailer is more exciting than the complete Sony conference. The canyon shot and the music is breathtaking indeed.

Only the full MGS4 trailer can win me over, my favorite game series of all time.

Great job Microsoft. You are learning fast.

C4Lukins

Culdcept is the only trailer I can get to download on marketplace right now :) I guess I should be thankful that I am one of the 100 or so people that is excited about this game.

Aryuken

Banned
Can't wait for the 1up podcast. :D

Shane - ...u retarded, ms conferenced sucked, u retarded, 360 games looked last gen, u retarded

Everyone else - :|

h1nch

wow fuck IGN seriously. I had that window up for an hour with that piece of shit coming soon graphic. I close the window and reload it and its already running.

They just lost an insider after this year's E3

XMonkey said:
Gamespot's feed finished. Halo 3 rocked :D

no it didn't lol

The windows connectivity was great, GTA IV is not exclusive (but there will be some exclusive downloadable content). Moore said that GTA will launch on Xbox 360 day 1 instead of months afterward.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
GashPrex said:
funny, the "best" conference by most accounts has 1/3 less replies and 60,000 less views than the other 2

I dunnol Maybe MS need to increase the price of their tard pack to $500?

DD-11

haha at the Sony damage control going on in this thread. MS looks good. Nintendo looks good. Sony is a distant third.

Anyone know where one can see the GOW gameplay vid?

Kuroyume

Banned
When does the 1up podcast go up? I can't wait to hear the latest bullshit from Shane's mouth after this latest conference. :lol

C4Lukins

GashPrex said:
funny, the "best" conference by most accounts has 1/3 less replies and 60,000 less views than the other 2

I think everyone with a 360 that they can access right now is actually on the marketplace trying to download this stuff.

saelz8

Im dying to see Tony Hawks Project 8 footage. It's supposedly on markeplace. I keep hearing the game is grounded again, a new design, more realistic, etc. So, any good soul willing to capture the footage for GAF? Im dying here!

Tony Hawk redesigned from the ground up for the better and no one cares? Oh GAF! You dissapoint me! :lol

Aryuken

Banned
Doom bringer....you put the MS conf and Nintendo's conf on the same level of Sonys conf. Basically you hate confs because its impossible to believe in something like that.

And you say the Ms one is boring....you must have died watching the Sony one hey? :lol

Gaf never dissappoints

hyp

is the ms conference available for download anywhere yet? i keep refreshing gamespot's page because they say an on-demand version will be up at 2:30pm PST... but they're lagging like a mofo.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Shit...I missed it. Is the Gears of war footage up yet? I saw Halo 3, and....yea....the only thing that impressed me was the white screen. I want to see what matters at the moment!

That, and how many dollars did they give Rockstar?:lol

Xenon

Quellex said:
Im dying to see Tony Hawks Project 8 footage. It's supposedly on markeplace. I keep hearing the game is grounded again, a new design, more realistic, etc. So, any good soul willing to capture the footage for GAF? Im dying here!

Tony Hawk redesigned from the ground up for the better and no one cares? Oh GAF! You dissapoint me! :lol

Please let this be true. I loved the first game on the DC but it went downhill from there.

Aryuken said:
Doom bringer....you put the MS conf and Nintendo's conf on the same level of Sonys conf. Basically you hate confs because its impossible to believe in something like that.

And you say the Ms one is boring....you must have died watching the Sony one hey? :lol

Gaf never dissappoints

Yeah being honest sucks. Honestly from a non fanboy prespective all three were about equal to me.

What was hot at each conference:

Sony: Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII (plus the action rpg), Naughty Dog game, and Lair
Nintendo: Red Steel (I said wow), Mario Universe (cool), Disaster (even though it was cg, the concept sounds interesting)
Microsoft: Gears of War (both the trailer and the gameplay rocked), Lost Planet, Mass Effect and Halo 3 teaser

What was not hot:
Sony: CG trailer of Eight days, GT4HD, crappy PSP showing, and Warhawk
Nintendo: Crappy graphics in all games except for Mario Universe, Meteroid Prime 3, and CG trailers of FFCC and a bunch of other games
MS - Cg trailers for Shadowrun, Fable 2 and Forza, not enough focus on Lost planet, mass effect or Too human (they only showed teasers for those)

All confernces had too much talking going on which I really don't care about...but GT4HD was the worst...

5/10 for all

mikeGFG

Banned
Kuroyume said:
When does the 1up podcast go up? I can't wait to hear the latest bullshit from Shane's mouth after this latest conference. :lol

I'll probably be up wayy later tonight.

But I'm with ya, Shane's Super-Spin is going to be comedy gold.

Scotch

Well after seeing the conference I can't say it was all that better than the Nintendo one. A little too much boring Gates talk in the end. Still, it was excellent compared to previous Xbox E3 conferences. The lack of J Allard sure helps too.

+ The whole Xbox Live / Windows Vista integration. Really cool.
+ Contra, Lumines
+ Forza 2 this year + wireless steering wheel
+ GTA4, Halo 3, obviously
+ Gears of War, wasn't really convinced before, now I am

- Shadowrun. Almost looked like a regular shooter without rpg elements. Visually disappointing as well.
- Not enough Mass Effect, Too Human

Duderz

Banned
HALO 3 just owned E3.

That was the best teaser to a game I've seen in a very long time.

Microsoft, I'm so sorry I doubted you pre-E3. You've earned my money! :D

goldenpp72

Nintendo shows a bunch of gamecube level games with lots of jerking around, sony shows a few nice games, a lot of other junk and a 600 dollar price point, and somehow, the MS one isn't better?

Cheap + function + shit loads of games = better then both.

SomeDude

Banned
gotta give microsoft props for getting GTA4 exclusive (or atleast for probably over a year). That game alone will make people get and XBox 360.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Pretty please would someone say a little about how good or bad it was? I just read through the Sony and Nintendo threads and I just don't have the heart to do another one. I'm seeing people think it was the best?

Aryuken said:
Well i guess MS will never win GAf. :)

Like I said in the other thread MS had the best conference. I was blown away by GoW. I love everything about the game.

I wonder what was going on in that prison and the hanging bodies..... ~_~ game seems to have a cool story.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
You guys weren't on the Gamespot stream earlier? It started around 1pm PST... maybe it was for subscribers only.

raYne

Heh, I thought I was going crazy for a second since it still had the countdown when I checked. Had to refresh a few times before the real link showed up.

Top Bottom