• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Gears of War own3d everyone...it looks better than MGS4 IMO. Awesome shit but I hope they clean up the frame rate. Animation looks better too!

And the trailer was hAWT! Aliens chainsawing humans oh yaaa!!! And that was the first level! GOTY!

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Why wouldn't Forza 2, realtime or CGI, not blow the fuck out of GT4 (with increased resolution)?

I think we all know GT5 is going to be the graphical king of racers next-gen, it always is. GT4, on PS2, kept up (and to some people) surpassed Forza (Xbox) visually.

Er, why would anyone compare Forza 2 to GT4? I hope Smokey wasn't making that comparison :lol

Doom_Bringer said:
Gears of War own3d everyone...it looks better than MGS4 IMO. Awesome shit but I hope they clean up the frame rate. Animation looks better too!
WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!!?! 88 MPH!!!

romefalls.jpg

xaosslug

A LOT of the "props" being given to MS on account of the immense sticker shock suffered from PS3's conference. Before that peeps were hailing Sony's conference as "good." lol Damn, yo.

Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 2” burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

No more whiners! Awesome.

Aryuken

Banned
We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

Omg i'm crying.....i'm crying like a little boy

Oh and uh, sony loosing GTa exclusive is big i don't care. Oh and....not only did halo3 owned every fucking game outthere.

Oh and Gears of War just pwned every game at the Sony conference (That was played). The end.

A LOT of the "props" being given to MS on account of the immense sticker shock suffered from PS3's conference. Before that peeps were hailing Sony's conference as "good." lol Damn, yo.

Also because I think that even most Xbots secretly expected MS to botch it! I certainly am very surprised!

Taken on it's own merits, even ignoring the PS3 price, based on the Eurogamer text updates it seemed to be a pretty relentless flow of great games and news, and would have been as good as the PS3 conference anyway.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think it's exclusive at all. The press release says simultaneous.

And I CANNOT BELIEVE Peter Moore's Halo 2 tattoo is REAL.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
fuck..
The shadowrun pics over at Xboxyde makes me feel a little.. dishearted...
I mean.. do we REALLY need another shooter? Halo3, GoW and the thirdparty stuff coming on 360 is like "enough"...

So please.. don´t be another shooter.. add RPG-elements.. otherwise people will cry...

NME

Y2Kevbug11 said:
I don't think it's exclusive at all. The press release says simultaneous.

And I CANNOT BELIEVE Peter Moore's Halo 2 tattoo is REAL.

Well, he could have just put another fake on for this conference, too.

You would hope, anyway.

StRaNgE

Banned
i iz so super glad i got a 360 now and thing the wii will just compliment it amazingly.

i had been wondering if i was getting a ps3 launch or not but might have to hold off.

wii takes care of my motion needs and 360 for my super just great regular gaming with VISUALS!

Hey, by the way....WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO TOO HUMAN?

Why the hell would Gears of War get exclusive coverage while Too Human is ignored? Or did I just miss that part of the conference?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Man, Microsoft was due for something, anything to go right with the 360. Looks like this E3 is going to be a winner for Redmond.

Gio_CoD

Banned
I'm gonna take the "Halo 3 real time" shit with a grain of salt for the time being. Bungie said the Halo 2 X02 trailer was all real time on the Xbox as well, and we all know how that turned out.

Aryuken

Banned
Cold-Steel said:
Hey, by the way....WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO TOO HUMAN?

Why the hell would Gears of War get exclusive coverage while Too Human is ignored? Or did I just miss that part of the conference?

Too Human got pretty big PRe E3 coverage mate, and will be playable on the show floor.

They can't spare the sametime for everybody, Too Human took PRe E3, Gears of War took the conference.

The end.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Haleon said:
I'm gonna take the "Halo 3 real time" shit with a grain of salt for the time being. Bungie said the Halo 2 X02 trailer was all real time on the Xbox as well, and we all know how that turned out.

They did a real-time demo after the announcement. Hopefully, the public will get a glimpse of that video for confirmation.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GashPrex said:
funny, the "best" conference by most accounts has 1/3 less replies and 60,000 less views than the other 2
Pretty telling :lol

Shadowrun confirmed FPS and doesnt look cyberpunk at all.
Confirmed January launch alongside Vista.

jacktion

Banned
Too Human isn't looking too good. When a developer with a shaky track record starts talking about how they are making an "epic series of games" that will become classics, I have to laugh. I have a message for Silicon Knights, just focus on making one game good and worry about the sequels later.

Gears of War looks good but it has a shaky framerate. I think it might be a little too ambitious.

Halo 3 looks good but Bungie lied before about a Halo trailer. Why should we start believing them now? If you do you are a sucker. They said themselves "The game will probably look like this when it is done". That means that it is a cg cutscene running on a computer. It is not even running on a 360 machine! So don't believe the hype. I'm sure it will be good but like President Bush said, "fool me once, shame... on... fool me twi... ummm..... Don't get fooled!"

pixelfish

Banned
GashPrex said:
funny, the "best" conference by most accounts has 1/3 less replies and 60,000 less views than the other 2

Reading the other conference thread is a lot funnier though. "Sony kicks ass, as it rapes and plunders Wii and 360's features" price announced "fuck you Sony" :lol

no one clapped when they showed Alan wake or shadowrun. Shadowrun was total cg but the music was nice...the allan wake footage was from last year. :(

I think they should have showed more of Lost planet and Mass Effect like they did with Gears of War.

Crysis looks great but there are some negatives aspect to it....but i don't want to argue with deg :p

HokieJoe

gollumsluvslave said:
They do indeed!! And true Force Feedback as well I think?

IGN said:
The existing battery life is the same as the wireless controller and, by using the AC adaptor, you'll get force feedback. There are two levels of feedback, the basic rumble motors that pick up wheels on gravel and low-level rumbles, and force feedback, from the actual car performance -- slides, crashes, etc.

I can't tell from this wording, but I hope so. I also hope that they will give us the option to use the ABXY buttons for gas and brake.

EDIT:

isamu will get to the bottom of this. :)

GashPrex said:
True, but the lack of live feeds for the MS conference surely has something to do with that.

puebla

GashPrex said:
i think the biggest reason for this was that we couldn't see anything besides screenshots.

Aryuken

Banned
GashPrex said:

The flatout best conference has much less replys because...this is GAF, there's more fans of sony and nintendo.
And honestly, there's very little, probably nothing to hate from the Xbox 360 conference, it was all ACE, so it gets kinda hard for Fans of other systems to come in here and start bashing.

But we have seen some of them already, but only the brave ones. :D

TheKurgan

GashPrex said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - but most of us are still waiting for the free stream.

hyp

GashPrex said:

cmon gash, you've been on GAF long enough to know why.... :)

Top Bottom