• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Sirolf

Well... the first Halo 2 trailer was running on Xbox as well. In the end it turned out that they had seriously overestimated the hardware when doing that.

But in this case,Bungie stats that it will be the bare minimum of the final engine(they even stated the engine will further improve).:)

Mr. Spinnington said:
So did the demo at E3 2004, they took a LOT out of the game. That's why it didn't stand up to its predecessor.

dunno, nothing there looked "too good to be real"

PS: wtf was wrong with Halo 2?

Deg

Banned
Lunatic said:
As a big GTA fan I was hoping for GTA to be exclusive
for ps3 so they could take advantage of blu ray and the superior technology. :(

Doesnt mean they wont have some exclusive features ala MS.

GhaleonEB

We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.

"The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process"

We demonstrated the real-time nature of the demo after the press conference (thanks to our friends at Pioneer with awesome audio-video assistance) to a small group of reporters, so we'll wait and see what their judgment on the presentation was, but you should feel free to make your own.

The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the "real" game.

I look forward to those "realtime demo" impressions. But when the big debate is to whether it's realtime or not, I think that's a big compliment. :D

Microsoft crushed Sony this year. no contest

AranhaHunter said:
I haven't seen the conference, but there's no doubt that MS won, with Nintendo second and Sony a distant 3rd

I second this comment.

Although Nintendo definitely has some nice content going for them.

Sony has MGS4 - which we're all waiting for the 10 minute trailer! :D

Drek

MS' GTA4 "exclusivity" bait n' switch was fuckin' hilarious. First great laugh I've gotten since change to Neo GAF.

I sometimes wonder if MS doesn't want me to buy an X360. I mean, Shadowrun. SHADOWFUCKINRUN. That sells me a console. But no, its on PC too. Its like they just keep trying to give me reasons not to buy their shit. I don't get it.

I guess, Fable 2 is still tempting, and Halo 3 of course.

AranhaHunter said:
I haven't seen the conference, but there's no doubt that MS won, with Nintendo second and Sony a distant 3rd

definitely. as much as i hated the xbox, MS really has done everything right to get people to atleast think about the 360. and ps3 costing all the bullion in the 4th dimension doesnt help.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Very nice Halo 3 trailer! Not athe biggest fan of the piano sequence in the music, but liked it a lot otherwise.

Also, big coup for MS to have GTA4 day 1 with PS3, but it was kinda to be expected with a year launch advantage and big user base they will have by then.

Chi-Town

Diablos said:
Is GTA4 a "timed exclusive" in that it comes out before PS3 even launches, but the game will launch with PS3 a month later? OR does Rockstar have a deal with MS to have it during and shortly after the holiday season so it doesn't launch with the PS3?

October 2007

Pimpwerx

I didn't watch the feed, but it sounds like the best conference this year. Halo3 looks incredible. Good job, MS. I guess Peter Moore deserves some accolades for a change. PEACE.

ijm72

Man when is microsoft gonna allow us to download and do other things at the same time? This could have been a perfect time because I could have been downloading trailers while playing uno.

Shompola

Banned
The exclusive deal is episodic content.. can be timed exclusive.. the game itself is released on xbox 360 and ps3 on the same day.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Diablos said:
Is GTA4 a "timed exclusive" in that it comes out before PS3 even launches, but the game will launch with PS3 a month later? OR does Rockstar have a deal with MS to have it during and shortly after the holiday season so it doesn't launch with the PS3?

GTA4 is coming out in 2007 at the same time on both consoles.

Why wouldn't Forza 2, realtime or CGI, not blow the fuck out of GT4 (with increased resolution)?

I think we all know GT5 is going to be the graphical king of racers next-gen, it always is. GT4, on PS2, kept up (and to some people) surpassed Forza (Xbox) visually.

Gameplay elements aside, I don't think this aspect of the two is going to be that close.

That over with, MS just had an incredible conference. They usually SUCK at these things, but they pulled it off this time, with perfect timing.

Sony is in for some pain unless they do something about the price. I still think their games were impressive/interesting/varied.

zou

God, even the pinata movie can't run at a steady framerate, and judging from PDZ I have no faith in rare fixing it :(

sangreal

Forza PR

Title: Forza Motorsport™ 2

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Developer: Turn 10

Format: DVD / Xbox 360

ESRB Rating: Pending

Availability: Holiday 2006

“Forza Motorsport 2,” the sequel to Microsoft Game Studios’ award-winning, fully customizable driving simulator “Forza Motorsport,” speeds its way onto Xbox 360 this holiday. With authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, photo-realistic graphics, and licensed tuning and customization options, the franchise improves on the unprecedented features gamers enjoyed in its debut installment. Loaded with more than 300 of the world’s hottest cars for you to collect, personalize and tune, “Forza Motorsport 2” gives you a complete racing experience.

Features:

Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 2” burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

Experience uncompromising physics simulation. Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers and programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.

Master real-world tracks from around the globe. From the famously challenging Nürburgring Nordschleife track to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. “Forza Motorsport 2” features more than 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as the Road America race track, Silverstone Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Sebring International Raceway is among four new real-world licensed circuits added to the repertoire of “Forza Motorsport 2.”

Collect, upgrade and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers such as Ferrari, Porsche, General Motors, Lamborghini, Nissan and Volkswagen. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure and gear ratios. “Forza Motorsport 2” allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.

Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near-endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining licensed rims, performance parts and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in “Forza Motorsport 2” Photo Mode.

Compete in a vibrant online community. Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live® for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and complete single-player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers as well as your friends from around the world compete on Forza Motorsport TV.

“Forza Motorsport 2” (http://www.forzamotorsport.net) is being developed by Turn 10, a Microsoft Game Studio. Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide games company with two core businesses: games development and publishing (http://www.microsoft.com/games) and Zone.com. Zone.com (http://www.zone.com) is the Internet’s largest game site.

Top Bottom