• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has Closed the Activision Blizzard King Deal

Robochobo

Yeah, dumbfuck.

Confused The Point GIF by Travis

scydrex

Let's see what dev will MS buy next. Sega? EA? I think they will try to buy Ubisoft next. MS will stop here. They want it all.

Last edited:
Just dump all of BNETs games there imo, no reason not to.
It's either going to result in everything being on steam, or Xbox trying to use bnet as their new launcher for all Xbox PC games. I say steam is most likely by far but I could see this as an attempt to form their own marketplace now that they own a competent launcher of their own for once

splattered

MS just took on like what, nearly 15,000 employees? I would be surprised to see them try and go after another BIG publisher anytime soon.

*Imo if they do anything else at this it would be scooping up some ips and stuff from embracer but that's it.

Last edited:

Fabieter

It's either going to result in everything being on steam, or Xbox trying to use bnet as their new launcher for all Xbox PC games. I say steam is most likely by far but I could see this as an attempt to form their own marketplace now that they own a competent launcher of their own for once

Its in fact the only launcher alot of pc players accept besides steam so it's actually their only shot tho. Good point.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What's your point? I have no idea what you're trying to say. Who tf cares about MS "warchest"? They're a cancer in every pie they have their finger in.
I guess you're for consolidation then?
I have no point as I usually don't I just remember when many here said these types of deals would never happen

And honestly I don't care one way or another about these acquisitions as I play everywhere and just play what games I want on the platform I want

Makes me no difference I have bigger things in life I would prefer to concern myself over

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Call of Duty will go the way of Halo and Gears once it’s exclusive to Xbox. Unless they work on brand power

Ozriel

M$FT
I see alot of people here forgetting that if this doesn't make hand over fist dollars and fast, within the next couple of years if those leaked documents are anything to go by, then there is far greater shit on the horizon.

I hope all those warriors put their wallets where their mouths are because 7$ a month isn't going to cut it.

‘Fast’?
It’s already making $8bn a year revenue, $1.5 - $2bn profit. Just maintaining status quo is already a very nice boost to MS earnings.

I also don’t know where you’re getting $7 a month from.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I really don’t want more consolidation but I am also not particularly bothered.

Not sure what will change TBH, other than exclusivity of games. I dislike that as I prefer playing on PS5 if I’m gonna console but I’m also mainly a PC gamer so I can’t cry too much. I’ll play on my barely used XSX if I have to lol

Bernardougf

Here, I can't link to the tweet

Microsoft basically made Sony agree to sacrifice the guarantee of everything ABK has for Call of Duty and please don't misunderstand, whilst it's true Sony didn't HAVE to agree to this deal, it was also made very clear by Sony that every other deal Microsoft offered regarding Activision content was either unacceptable or not fit for purpose.

So fans like me who love and grew up with Crash and Spyro etc. Can pretty much go fuck ourselves. If we get it, we have to be really happy. But Microsoft clearly intend to withhold content from PlayStation.

And Microsoft are very likely going to continue purchasing more major publishers and companies until they virtually devour the market until they're the majority. As much as I hate this market consolidation it pisses me off even more when people say, "well if Microsoft don't do it Tencent will!!" What a crock...
Mate.... to withhold content one has to create content... so... you get the gist

RickMasters

The armada and the arsenal. Pretty impressive when you just look at it in isolation.

I just hope a lot of cool games come out of this at a high quality. And with a regular sort of pacing. There potential here for a lot of quality exclusives on a regular basis.

Let’s see how they run it though.

Took em' long enough. Now gentlemen, can we go back to talking about actual games? This entire bonanza has been going on for long enough. Time to move on to someone more... desirable!

X-Wing

The only positive in this is that Ubisoft will have a boost thanks to the deal, for the rest I personally think that the disappearance of the biggest third party publisher is an absolute negative for the industry even if it doesn’t affect me personally since I don’t really play any of their games.

djjinx2

So all the MW3 monies is Microsofts now? Would have been weird for this not to go through before that releases. Biggest game of the year for sure.

RickMasters

The only positive in this is that Ubisoft will have a boost thanks to the deal, for the rest I personally think that the disappearance of the biggest third party publisher is an absolute negative for the industry even if it doesn’t affect me personally since I don’t really play any of their games.
People tend to shit on ABK for being a COD machine that strangles the rest of the publishers, with their massive success. I would imagine some of them are glad. Ubisofts president was certainly in favour of it as were others so…..

Fabieter

People tend to shit on ABK for being a COD machine that strangles the rest of the publishers, with their massive success. I would imagine some of them are glad. Ubisofts president was certainly in favour of it as were others so…..

So some of the publisher were behind the aquisitions because they have mote breathing room on Playstation now? But cod stays on ps5 how does this change?

Top Bottom