• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft rolls out Windows 24H2 update

I've been running 24/H2 for a few months.

I'm having SFC report corrupt windows webview files, it says it repairs them but in reality it dosent.

It's that the bug others are having ?

I still have the xbox controller bug, where you get a error message box on shutdown if you have a xbox controller connected.

Star Wars Outlaws is a crash fest for me and many others, but a new update today might fix that.

Last edited:

Utherellus

It's an operating system update. Without trying to sound like a knob because its not my intention, do you normally update Windows or not?

I don't understand this reply.
The operating system update you mentioned specifically targets AMD cpu and fixes regression.

So I just wondered if it affects older cpus like zen 3 or just new ones.

b0uncyfr0

The release preview channel is at 26100.1882 but 24H2 is 1742.. :pie_thinking:

Does that mean i still cant unenroll from the insider builds?

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Microsoft is a bit busy now, as they just released another broken update for Windows 23H2, that is causing lot's crashes. MS is doing a rollback, but a lot of people are affected.
The update is an optional one for Windows 23H2 with the number KB5043145. So if you see it on the Windows update, avoid it like the plague.
It’s generally a good policy with MS updates to delay install for at least couple of weeks unless there is a major security exploit that’s going on.

And with the new yearly “Service Pack” versions I would say delay couple of months, lol.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I don't understand this reply.
The operating system update you mentioned specifically targets AMD cpu and fixes regression.

So I just wondered if it affects older cpus like zen 3 or just new ones.
My apologies - I assumed it was just the usual Windows annual update and didn't specifically target certain processors.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Still not available for me via windows update. I can't remember them rolling anything out this slowly before.
I'll just continue to wait rather than messing with my registry or anything...

Top Bottom