• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play screens (PSP) (game list included)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play, includes 21 arcade games that are the "best of" Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & Midway Arcade Treasures 2. Enjoy the coin-op masterpieces of the past for the first time on a portable system with multiplayer wireless support! Now you can play classic arcade games anywhere, anytime with Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play for the Sony PSP Portable Entertainment System.

Single Player:

* Spy Hunter
* Sinistar
* Defender
* Paperboy

Multiplayer Wireless:

* Klax
* Joust
* Marble Madness
* Toobin'
* Rampage
* Gauntlet
* Rampart
* Wizard of Wor
* Xybots
* Championship Sprint
* Arch Rivals
* Cyberball 2072
* Xenophobe
* Mortal Kombat
* Mortal Kombat 2
* Mortal Kombat 3

928287_20050810_screen001.jpg

928287_20050810_screen002.jpg

928287_20050810_screen003.jpg

928287_20050810_screen004.jpg

928287_20050810_screen005.jpg

928287_20050810_screen006.jpg

M3wThr33

Banned
This is the first time all 3 Mortal Kombats are together! (MAT2 lacked Mk1 because it was in MK:D)

But the PSP already has emulators.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Online WiFi or just regular WiFi?

Now all we need is them to port some stuff from the upcoming volume 3 collection to PSP with wireless or online multiplayer. Portable Hydro Thunder or San Francisco Rush!? That would kick all manners of ass.

Ponn

Banned
Listed as 30 bucks on EB, nice price for a nice collection. Wish it had Smash T.V. or Total Carnage though but eh..probably still get it.

I'm also eyeing that Namco collection but the 40 buck price tag is pushing it a little but I want to try out the game sharing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Super Sprint works FINE on a joypad. You just end up planning your turns a bit different. 720 is the motherfucker.

But I'm confused. Two PSP games of note that aren't driving in a single day?

Naked Shuriken said:
They need to turn down the A.I in the mk games. Seriously.

Yes. It goes from 1 to 11 in an instant. And god help you if you try and jump in on later stages. Or try to throw. Or face Kintaro.

MK had the most ridiculously overpowered bosses ever.

But wireless MK 2 (no ultimate mk3? boooo!) on the go sounds really fun. Bust out old skool Kung Lao on bitches.

Agent X

This package should be great!

I'm not a huge fan of the widescreen stretch on all of the games, though. Hopefully they'll have the option to play the games at their original resolution, much like Namco Museum Battle Collection on the PSP will have.

jgkspsx

Hm... this really emphasizes what a crime it is that Infogrames bought the Atari name and the rights to the early arcade games. Screw that "Atari Games" crap (except for Rampart, of course). The list of games from the six PS1 collections would have made this the perfect collection.

Also, no Robotron 2084? What the fuck!

----

Banned
Spy Hunter
Defender
Joust
Paper Boy
Marble Madness
Rampage
Gauntlet
Arch Rivals
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3

This is one of the best official classic arcade game compilations I've ever seen. I guess I'm just used to Namco giving us Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, and 5 other games I don't give a crap about.

PhoncipleBone said:
Yes. It goes from 1 to 11 in an instant. And god help you if you try and jump in on later stages. Or try to throw. Or face Kintaro.

MK had the most ridiculously overpowered bosses ever.

But wireless MK 2 (no ultimate mk3? boooo!) on the go sounds really fun. Bust out old skool Kung Lao on bitches.

The MK games were rediculous when it came to A.I. Man, it was barely A.I., it was more like kick the crap out of you at every finch after a while. MK2/3, it's like the computer start being pyschic, reacting to your moves even before you finished.

I'ill be damn if I could barely land a single projectile in MK2, they instinctly just duck on que. Try to do an uppercut and the computer would duck at the last second and smack you with their own. The computer just loves to kick you out of the air like some damn yo-yo too. And throws? Freaking sweep distance computer throws!! WTF?! And after all that there are the bosses....

HomerSimpson-Man said:
The MK games were rediculous when it came to A.I. Man, it was barely A.I., it was more like kick the crap out of you at every finch after a while. MK2/3, it's like the computer start being pyschic, reacting to your moves even before you finished.

I'ill be damn if I could barely land a single projectile in MK2, they instinctly just duck on que. Try to do an uppercut and the computer would duck at the last second and smack you with their own. The computer just loves to kick you out of the air like some damn yo-yo too. And throws? Freaking sweep distance computer throws!! WTF?! And after all that there are the bosses....

It is because they were programmed for a single purpose...to make you put more quarters in the machine!

Bad A.I. or not MK2 was like THE game when I was in sixth grade.

I remember it being released on home consoles, it had that kickass live action commerical with people in the MK outfits, which strangely was even better looking than the atrocious MK2 movie outfits, and at the end you would see Shao Khan scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!" with that MA-17 rated warning displayed like it was a badge of honor. Nintendo finally let the blood flow this time.

At my 12th birthday me and a couple of friends just spent like 8-10 hours playing Mortal Kombat 2. I never did beat as a kid though, just kept getting my ass kicked....but man those were some fond memories.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
So what's this rated? Does MK push it to an M? It's weird seeing MK listed alongside stuff like Rampart and Joust, while Sega doesn't even have the balls to put SoR in their Sonic collection.

MattKeil said:
So what's this rated? Does MK push it to an M? It's weird seeing MK listed alongside stuff like Rampart and Joust, while Sega doesn't even have the balls to put SoR in their Sonic collection.

Not sure...does MK1-3 still qualify as M? Could be "cartoon violence" at this point.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
krypt0nian said:
Not sure...does MK1-3 still qualify as M? Could be "cartoon violence" at this point.

uhm, those fatalities are pretty violent to warrant a M rating

did you forget that mortal kombat was one of the most controversial games last decade?

Wario64 said:
uhm, those fatalities are pretty violent to warrant a M rating

did you forget that mortal kombat was one of the most controversial games last decade?

How could I forget? But at this point they seem fairly innocuous. I mean sure they're violent, but they look more tame that what Adult Swim can show now.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
HomerSimpson-Man said:

pussies. I could beat MK1-3 on one credit, with nearly all of the characters.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"This will be completely unplayable on the PSP, as it's unplayable on anything buy a wheel."

played fine on the ST with joystick or keys! should be fine.

Gauntlet 4 players = hubba hubba

Jim

Actually playing on the 2nd player side is WAY easier in MKs 2 & 3 and UMK3, the arcade versions at least. The enemy pattern and A.I. is quite a bit different and more forgiving and has less of that annoying "psychic" ability.

Of course most people just instinctively play on the 1 pl side which will definitely siphon out those quarters quicker.

Izzy

Banned
Single Player:
* Paperboy

Multiplayer Wireless:

* Klax
* Marble Madness
* Toobin'
* Gauntlet
* Wizard of Wor
* Championship Sprint
* Xenophobe
* Mortal Kombat
* Mortal Kombat 2
* Mortal Kombat 3

Excellent.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Jim said:
Actually playing on the 2nd player side is WAY easier in MKs 2 & 3 and UMK3, the arcade versions at least. The enemy pattern and A.I. is quite a bit different and more forgiving and has less of that annoying "psychic" ability.

Of course most people just instinctively play on the 1 pl side which will definitely siphon out those quarters quicker.

That's hilarious. Is that a common practice in arcade games? I know they are designed to "munch quarters" but having a somewhat "secret" easy mode for those in the know goes further than I imagined.

Top Bottom