• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD |OT| - Bears Go To Battle In HD

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hmmm I have 600 spacebucks on XBLA and could get 600 more to get this... I sort of want to wait and see if we get a Steam release though... also I'd have to buy 800 spacebucks to get this... fucking spacebucks....

Gowans

Can't wait to put some time into this, thing this is gona be a game that the Mrs is gona hog the time with.

Really interested in how the online goes.

Gassey said:
Very keen to see how the art looks. Must have been a mammoth effort.
Indeed it was. Every artist at Capy was working on it :)

It's a pretty large game filesize-wise, all because theres THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of frames of animation in HD.

Gowans007 said:
Really interested in how the online goes.
Me too :) I really hope people give online a shot. The battle system really shines when you have 2 good human players going mono e mono.

Darg

Neo Member
Liking the screens, It's might and magic so i'll most likely get this, now for a remake of might and magic 1-8 series (mostly number 6).

Spwn

vixlar said:
I see Capy is recieving a lot of praises. Some Capy games you recommend?

Critter Crunch on PSN has almost a religious following. They haven't put out other games than Clash of Heroes and Critter Crunch (to my knowledge). Small team and they take their time making their games high quality.

Bisonian

Spwn said:
Critter Crunch on PSN has almost a religious following. They haven't put out other games than Clash of Heroes and Critter Crunch (to my knowledge). Small team and they take their time making their games high quality.

Sword & Sworcery EP for iPad which i hear is great, and someday I suppose I'll get to play on my iPod Touch. <shakes fist>

Very excited to buy this game again. Critter Crunch was also an under appreciated masterpiece that people should check out. Fantastic game design.

Tailzo

Cromulent_Word said:
you can play:

1 player campaign
1 vs AI
1 vs 1 local
1 vs 1 online
2 vs AI local
2 vs 2 local
2 vs 2 online

I just like listing it like that cause it makes it seem crazy :)
That's exactly what I wanted. Me and my wife have a lot of fun playing co op, 1vs 1 is ok too, but if one of us starts to beat the other easely... well we stop playing :)

Tailzo said:
That's exactly what I wanted. Me and my wife have a lot of fun playing co op, 1vs 1 is ok too, but if one of us starts to beat the other easely... well we stop playing :)
The new coop mode is really a *new* mode. It's not just 2 players crammed into the exact same gameplay. The board is much larger, and each player on a team gets their own units... and they can only move their own units...

It's a bit more puzzle-y in some ways than the traditional game, but we've been playing the crap out of it here at Capy :)

bubnbob

Banned
Is there anything new added to the campaign from DS? I raped the DS ver in all holes and did everything available... while I dont mind doing it again, curious if theres more. Are the strategies the same or did things get mixed up?

Yes this is probably answered but I am keeping the thread active

Kafel said:
Damn, I've just seen one of my online friends playing this.

please send me a code CW
sorry, since ubi is publishing they are handling ze codes.

bubnbob said:
Is there anything new added to the campaign from DS? I raped the DS ver in all holes and did everything available... while I dont mind doing it again, curious if theres more. Are the strategies the same or did things get mixed up?

Yes this is probably answered but I am keeping the thread active
The core campaign is the same from DS to XBLA/PSN. However, here's a few of the changes...

- all the shitty, useless units were redone from scratch, and now they all are very viable unit options. A couple of them, imo, are now the best units in the game.
- all the imbalanced attacks, defenses, hero spells and artifacts were fixed
- scrapped about 40% of all the artifacts and replaced them with better/more balanced ones
- added multiplayer-only artifacts you unlock as you rank up
- rebalanced many of the boss fights and harder battle sequences.
- made HD art :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Cromulent_Word said:
The core campaign is the same from DS to XBLA/PSN. However, here's a few of the changes...

- all the shitty, useless units were redone from scratch, and now they all are very viable unit options. A couple of them, imo, are now the best units in the game.
- scrapped about 40% of all the artifacts and replaced them with better/more balanced ones
Shit. Thats all I needed to double dip.

If I owned a PS3 or 360 T_T

Xater

Cromulent_Word said:

I was thinking about picking up the DS version, because of the I saw it for 5 pounds but these changes sound too good to pass on the HD version.

Love your guys games and I will pick this up on Day 1.

Llyranor said:
Wait, so 2p co-op online is only 2v2 PvP? Can't 2vAI online?
You can't 2 v AI online. We crammed it as full as possible, but there was a limit to what we could get in.

taoofjord said:
Wow. How many artists do you have at Capy?
8 artists worked on Clash HD. It was quite an art-beast.

Xater said:
I was thinking about picking up the DS version, because of the I saw it for 5 pounds but these changes sound too good to pass on the HD version.

Love your guys games and I will pick this up on Day 1.
Not that it really matters, cause we mostly just want people to play the game... but buying the XBLA/PSN version for $15 supports Capy more than the DS version at almost any price :)

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
My body is ready...

The missus practically destroyed the DS-Lite playing this compulsively, so I'm looking forward to that on the PS3.

Lyonaz

Ooh nice! Always wanted to play this, but it got delayed to hell.
Will buy it tomorrow, just like Critter Crunch on day one.

PS. Can we hope for Move support patch? :p

Vhalyar

Cromulent_Word said:
Awesome. Hopefully this means that the early parts of chapter 2 are less painful!

Vhalyar said:
Awesome. Hopefully this means that the early parts of chapter 2 are less painful!
We overhauled Godric's hero spell. Its now BOTH defensive and offensive (absorbs hits for 1 round, using remaining power as an attack the nex), meaning you can finish fights with it. Speeds up Haven a lot, and gives Godric a great tool via his hero spell.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kafel said:
please send me a code CW

Seriously. :( ;___;

but this just reminds me, I still have some trophies left in Critter Crunch to get. Beating all the levels in story mode for instance (stupid challenge modes where you have to prevent the eggs from being ate or combo's and the puzzles are all I have left though).

El-Suave

I'm really curious if the balancing changed the endgame/boss battles a bit. On DS I found using your big guns that have a long wait time and need four troops aligned behind them wasn't really viable. If I remember correctly I finished the last boss only using regular, basic units (and some luck).

Anyway, it was one of my favorite DS games, and the fact that it comes with a PS+ discount in Europe only sweetens the deal.

soultron

Banned
Will be buying not only because I love you guys and your work(s), but also because we're from the same hood.

2007_08_04CNTower4.jpg

<3

Carl

Will be getting this with the PS+ discount ;) Can't wait. Would buy it anyway. PS+ discount just makes it an even better deal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
K.Jack said:
Any chance they release this on PC or PSP?

The official statement on a Steam release is "no comment", so at least it's not entirely ruled out. I would probably wait on it if it was confirmed, but oh well, I have a PS3 for reasons like this.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Snuggler said:
The official statement on a Steam release is "no comment", so at least it's not entirely ruled out. I would probably wait on it if it was confirmed, but oh well, I have a PS3 for reasons like this.
Yeah I can always buy it on PS3, but I'd prefer to play it on my laptop or PSP.

I'll wait a little while, just in case.

soultron said:
Will be buying not only because I love you guys and your work(s), but also because we're from the same hood.

2007_08_04CNTower4.jpg

<3
the tower is so much less of an eye sore now that they light it up at night.

t dot represent.

Ravidrath

My ursine friends! You must unite to form a thorny wall, or all is lost!

Buying the fuck out of this once I get back from the bar tomorrow night - looking forward to playing it, and supporting the Capy crew.

Ravidrath said:
My ursine friends! You must unite to form a thorny wall, or all is lost!

Buying the fuck out of this once I get back from the bar tomorrow night - looking forward to playing it, and supporting the Capy crew.
Thanks dude!

Clash of Heroes HD PSN launch day (for NA) is upon us! And there was much rejoicing!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Made my decision. I'll get more play out of this, and especially more MP out of this if I wait it out. Sorry XBLA, but you aren't get my sale. Time to hold out for what in my mind will be the inevitable Steam release. I'll get that day 1.

Top Bottom