• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD |OT| - Bears Go To Battle In HD

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, with the advent of Live achievements, I'll hold out for a potential Steam release as well. Hope it happens.

Or until I see Live at a decent price in Canada, where we get no interesting features and yet it still costs 60$.

bubnbob

Banned
Lyphen said:
Yeah, with the advent of Live achievements, I'll hold out for a potential Steam release as well. Hope it happens.

Or until I see Live at a decent price in Canada, where we get no interesting features and yet it still costs 60$.

I hate to be that guy, but, cmon guy.

Game is still great regardless of not being able to get a few achievements.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I never did jump on the DS game because I knew this was coming... can't really beat HD2D gaming at that price.

djtiesto said:
I never did jump on the DS game because I knew this was coming... can't really beat HD2D gaming at that price.
there's a lotttttt of 2DHD in Clash. It has easilty 10x more animation than Critter Crunch.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lyphen said:

Oooo if you wait then I'm for sure to have one person on my friend's list with the game! We could play MP together! :D

Ricker

kassatsu said:
Up via search :D

$11.99 with PS+ discount

Is there a PSN trial? (otherwise i`ll wait tomorrow for the Arcade trial)...not sure how the game works,it looks cool,I like SRPG`s but this one looks like a different kind of strategy,unlike the Fire Emblem`s and Shining Force type I love.

Akkad

Banned
Ricker said:
Is there a PSN trial? (otherwise i`ll wait tomorrow for the Arcade trial)...not sure how the game works,it looks cool,I like SRPG`s but this one looks like a different kind of strategy,unlike the Fire Emblem`s and Shining Force type I love.

This is a puzzle game.

Skilletor

Had no idea that this game existed. I'm a sucker for fantasy, so I'm gonna go ahead and pick it up. Tempted to try and find the DS version just because I play more on portables.

Game looks so nice.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there new content other than the updated HD graphics?

Also, for those of you on the fence, this is an amazing game. Put tons of hours into the DS SKU.

It's Puzzle Quest but with a very unique puzzle mechanic that integrates your skills and units into the actual game board in a much more relevant manner.

FlyinJ said:
Is there new content other than the updated HD graphics?

Also, for those of you on the fence, this is an amazing game. Put tons of hours into the DS SKU.

It's Puzzle Quest but with a very unique puzzle mechanic that integrates your skills and units into the actual game board in a much more relevant manner.
Multiplayer modes (1v1, 2v2), lots of new artifacts, multiplayer-only artifacts, new unit attacks, etc.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What I want to know is whether or not the starting formation is randomized or if it's one of let's say 30 different ones?

Having only played the "quick match" and not the story I found myself recognizing a few starting position where I knew exactly what to do to get the most turns out of it because it was a recurring formation.

I never was able to play it in multiplayer, but that part would severely hamper my enjoyment because you just needed to play the game enough to have the perfect start.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CROMULENT, WHY YOU NO GIVE FREE COPIES!?
(Yes, I know why, just bares repeating. :p)

Guess I'm going to download the demo to see more pretty Capybara art.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I fucked up the first battle after the tutorial. I built walls everywhere and have no more reinforcements because my walls/spent units are way too strong to be defeated. :lol Whoops?

Edit: Okay, "delete unit," does have a use for those times. Note to self, don't build walls everywhere.

kassatsu

Banned
TheSeks said:
I think I fucked up the first battle after the tutorial. I built walls everywhere and have no more reinforcements because my walls/spent units are way too strong to be defeated. :lol Whoops?

Edit: Okay, "delete unit," does have a use for those times. Note to self, don't build walls everywhere.
Don't turtle n00b :p

Apoc29

Playing on the top screen for the first time ever in multiplayer really threw me off. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I wish there were an option to choose your side.

Agent White said:
just had a come back win online...feels good

anyone know about how long single player lasts?
Low-end it's about 16-18hrs for just main quests.

If you rock side quests, bounty hunting and the like, it can be 22-25hrs.

It ain't no short game!

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Thanks again Capy for 2dhd beauD!

The ds game wasmpure brilliance, and I will sink many happy hours into this one as well.

Daigoro

i love the Capy logo. its so cool.

im not much of a puzzle game fan, but ill check out the demo and see if i like it. good luck with the game Crom!

(and guys stop code begging, its tacky. you should be supporting Cappy, not trying to get free shit off of them.)

Edgeward

Bought it. Loved the demo, really wished it saved progress once the demo ended for those that want to buy afterwards. I hate having to repeat it all again.

Gowans

Love Love Love the game but I'm mega stuck early doors in the game in a cave with Skullbrow in.

I can't progress till I beat him or clear the demons in the cave that pop up? Problem is I'm Level 3 (with leaf plate +25%hp and lvl 3 hunter, pixie, bear & lvl 1 deer) vs level 5 demons or Skullbrow and I can not win after anyone after a hour of play, not even close.

Didn't have a problem till the brick wall I've hit here. Any tips?

Moobabe

Downloading the PSN demo at what feels like 1 kb/s...

I hope it's good though - I'm concerned about the price though. I've been out of the PSN loop for a while now but games that are sub £6 always interest me - Pixeljunk Monsters and Eden + their expansions for example - but as soon as Shooter went above that threshold and the burned me after it only took a couple of hours to complete I've been hesitant...

Maybe I'm being naive about what pricing "should" be - but it seems as though every game these days is 9.99 or higher, some don't even have demos AND they're getting increasingly large in file size so if they do have demos it takes me forever to download them just to realise they suck..

Rant over (I hoped the longer the rant was the closer I'd be to finishing the demo - 15%...)

sleepykyo

Never played the ds version so I dont' know how much it holds up as port/remake, but the game itself seems fun. Is the game meant to be difficult?

Apoc29

Gowans007 said:
Love Love Love the game but I'm mega stuck early doors in the game in a cave with Skullbrow in.

I can't progress till I beat him or clear the demons in the cave that pop up? Problem is I'm Level 3 (with leaf plate +25%hp and lvl 3 hunter, pixie, bear & lvl 1 deer) vs level 5 demons or Skullbrow and I can not win after anyone after a hour of play, not even close.

You should be able to leave the room at any time, unless your game is bugged. Do you feel obligated to beat Skullbrow? He's just a side quest...continue with other missions until you've levelled up some more then come back.

Gowans

Apoc29 said:
You should be able to leave the room at any time, unless your game is bugged. Do you feel obligated to beat Skullbrow? He's just a side quest...continue with other missions until you've levelled up some more then come back.
I can leave the cave:room just not the area as it says I need to kill the demons in the cave and they are level 5 :(

epmode

Gowans007 said:
I can leave the cave:room just not the area as it says I need to kill the demons in the cave and they are level 5 :(
You're looking in the wrong cave. The level 5 dude really is a sidequest.

Either go to the other cave (the quest enemies are about level 3) or use the random encounters to outlevel them I guess.

Picked the game up yesterday, loving it so far and it looks fantastic. I'm only a few hours in, but some of the side quest battles are really hard. I've just been skipping most of them to come back and do later.

Gowans

epmode said:
You're looking in the wrong cave. The level 5 dude really is a sidequest.

Either go to the other cave (the quest enemies are about level 3) or use the random encounters to outlevel them I guess.
There's another cave? Hmmm. Thanks, that would explain things. Guess I'll get looking when i get on in an hour.

neonglow

I'm enjoying the game and played it for several hours last night. The only issue I have is the loading times between maps and the battle. Does the DS or 360 version have better loading times?

Gowans007 said:

I remember playing the DS version, and I remember running into some insanely tough side bosses in each level.

All I did was play throughout the rest of the level doing the main quest, engage in random battles, and once I maxed out on what I can do in that level, than I went back and took care of all the side quests/bosses right before I took on the main level boss.

You just have to level up as you go and come back later.

neonglow said:
I'm enjoying the game and played it for several hours last night. The only issue I have is the loading times between maps and the battle. Does the DS or 360 version have better loading times?
How long is the loading times in the 360 version? I know the DS version does load when a battle starts, but it's very brief, like a few seconds.

Top Bottom