• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes HD |OT| - Bears Go To Battle In HD

Gowans

Didn't notice the loading on 360 but o wasn't looking for them.

You could tell me it streams and I would believe you, had that much fun playing.

Also the price is well worth it for this, the HD art, online and story, it's a bargain.

Gowans007 said:
Also the price is well worth it for this, the HD art, online and story, it's a bargain.
Totally worth it! I did pay double for the DS version, although the only advantage I give the DS version is its portability since this game is great for it, since it's a puzzle/RPG game.

But the console version is in HD and has online! So the console version is awesome!

bryehn

Bought it on PSN. $11.99 vs. almost $25 (CDN) for the 1500 points to cover it. Hmm.

Bit slow to get going, but love the art, ambient effects and of course the gameplay.

bryehn said:
Bought it on PSN. $11.99 vs. almost $25 (CDN) for the 1500 points to cover it. Hmm.

Bit slow to get going, but love the art, ambient effects and of course the gameplay.
We know its a bit of a ramp-up, cause we basically have to teach you an entire battle system, but trust me it gets going.

Thanks to everyone supporting us & the game!

Also, here's an XBLA code... first come first serve :)

4WRP3-CJVWY-7KFHJ-FJ39P-2QXPZ

Gowans

Ahhhh!!! No autosave has made me loose an hour of progress dude to my net con dropping out n signing me out when trying to reconnect.

This normally would be a game killer for me :( ahhhh!!!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cromulent_Word said:
We know its a bit of a ramp-up, cause we basically have to teach you an entire battle system, but trust me it gets going.

Thanks to everyone supporting us & the game!

Also, here's an XBLA code... first come first serve :)

4WRP3-CJVWY-7KFHJ-FJ39P-2QXPZ

I wish I got that XBLA code, lol. Though I'm happy to give you guys money for an awesome game, it woulda helped me get Yar's + Trouble Witches Neo! or something... :lol: Thanks for offering!

BTW, when I purchased the full game from WITHIN the game's pause screen (I wanted to buy and Save my progress from playing the trial), the purchase attempted to download the game OVER again. Stopping that, it refused to acknowledge I purchased tha game. So I reloaded the game again, hoping to see teh full game show up... nope. Going back to dashboard, it still counted as the trial.

I've redownloaded it now, and it accepts it as the full game finally (couldn't save though, argh.) But I'm sure for people with limited DL caps, this could be a real hassle. So wanted to let you know of the issue!

Now please get in contact with Sega, and convince they to let you guys HD DragonForce 1 and 2 in this method, please! ;)

hiryu

Woah, I didn't expect this game to be as good as it is. It's like Puzzle Quest but way better. The battle (puzzle) system is very deep and I love how the game slowly ramps up.

epmode

I picked up the PS3 version and I love it. It's massively improved in every way. ..save one:

Load times. They're not all that long (5-8 seconds?) but they certainly are frequent.

Is it bannable to say that I'd do horrible things for a PC port? IF SO, FORGET I MENTIONED IT, OK?

SAB CA said:
BTW, when I purchased the full game from WITHIN the game's pause screen (I wanted to buy and Save my progress from playing the trial), the purchase attempted to download the game OVER again. Stopping that, it refused to acknowledge I purchased tha game. So I reloaded the game again, hoping to see teh full game show up... nope. Going back to dashboard, it still counted as the trial.

I've redownloaded it now, and it accepts it as the full game finally (couldn't save though, argh.) But I'm sure for people with limited DL caps, this could be a real hassle. So wanted to let you know of the issue!

Now please get in contact with Sega, and convince they to let you guys HD DragonForce 1 and 2 in this method, please! ;)
That's really odd - XBLA mandates this function (and checks it) so i think it's probably an isolated issue w/ the network rather than the game. Also, Sega doesn't even know who we are :)

epmode said:
I picked up the PS3 version and I love it. It's massively improved in every way. ..save one:

Load times. They're not all that long (5-8 seconds?) but they certainly are frequent.

Is it bannable to say that I'd do horrible things for a PC port? IF SO, FORGET I MENTIONED IT, OK?
Sorry about the frequent loads. There's tons and tons of huge animations, and we can't make the PS3 load any faster :(

As for PC, my comment is simply "no comment".

I absolutely loved the DS version. This was actually one of the games I got the DSi for (I am waaaay lttp on the DS). Can't wait to get this on the 360.

Nakiro

Just wondering what kind of online does the game support. Is it only ranked, or are there non-ranked matches as well?

Cromulent_Word said:
As for PC, my comment is simply "no comment".

Would double dip!

Crom, you guys have the greatest bite sized but actually way bigger games. I loved Critter Crunch, and this is shaping up to be even better.

Nakiro said:
Just wondering what kind of online does the game support. Is it only ranked, or are there non-ranked matches as well?
There's only one style of matches. You gain XP by battling, level up, and at certain levels you unlock MP-only artifacts. Hope that helps.

I was just reading this thread so I didn't ask a question that was already answered (it was: differences between psn/xbla vs. DS versions) and saw the love for Critter Crunch.

Never heard of that so I checked out a gameplay vid on youtube.

Now I'll be downloading two Capy games!

Anyone have some spare time to let me borrow?

S1kkZ

wow, this came out of nowhere. fantastic gameplay, great visuals and awesome soundtrack.
only thing that bothers me are the frequent and long load times (360).

what i love so far (3 1/2 hours in): the game is fair. unlike puzzle quest. i hope this doesnt change later on.

Is anyone else having trouble discerning between green and blue units? It's especially bad on the deer units, which are mostly white with small color-coded details. I am not colorblind and usually don't have any such trouble in puzzle games, but I made several mistakes in the demo due to this problem. I noticed there are no graphical differences between units other than simply color -- does the full game have some kind of colorblind mode?

Jonnyboy117 said:
Is anyone else having trouble discerning between green and blue units? It's especially bad on the deer units, which are mostly white with small color-coded details. I am not colorblind and usually don't have any such trouble in puzzle games, but I made several mistakes in the demo due to this problem. I noticed there are no graphical differences between units other than simply color -- does the full game have some kind of colorblind mode?
Deers are the one unit we regret. We were forced to change the design VERY late in the game (long story) but the end result is a little tough to tell on smaller screens. Definitely a little error on our part. I always look at the neck to discern.

There isn't a colorblind mode, but we had it tested by a colorblind person and he was able to complete the game w/o a problem.

S1kkZ said:
wow, this came out of nowhere. fantastic gameplay, great visuals and awesome soundtrack.
only thing that bothers me are the frequent and long load times (360).

what i love so far (3 1/2 hours in): the game is fair. unlike puzzle quest. i hope this doesnt change later on.
It should always be very fair. If you play smart, you win. Sometimes that involves picking more fitting units or artifacts, sometimes it means playing defence... but it should ALWAYS be skill-based.

TheOddOne

Cromulent_Word said:
Deers are the one unit we regret. We were forced to change the design VERY late in the game (long story) but the end result is a little tough to tell on smaller screens. Definitely a little error on our part. I always look at the neck to discern.

There isn't a colorblind mode, but we had it tested by a colorblind person and he was able to complete the game w/o a problem.
Bummer, still I'll get use to it eventually.

YourMaster

Cromulent_Word said:
Deers are the one unit we regret. We were forced to change the design VERY late in the game (long story) but the end result is a little tough to tell on smaller screens..

Do tell!

PasteyMF

So far, I'm 2 hours in and loving it. The deer color is kind of an issue. Also, it would be nice to have strength and time on the unit stat sheet overlay, or somehow get toughness into the main game screen. Either way though, it might look cramped. Beyond that, amazing graphics and awesome gameplay. I'm glad I picked it up, well worth the purchase!

AAK

Bought this game yesterday, but I have yet to touch it, LOL. Need to finish these projects first. Grrr.. so tempting.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Cromulent_Word said:
That's really odd - XBLA mandates this function (and checks it) so i think it's probably an isolated issue w/ the network rather than the game. Also, Sega doesn't even know who we are :)

-nod- Aye, hope it's something like that. And maybe Sega will learn who you guys are soon, then! XD Go Go Multi-platform 2D HD!

-ahem- And just wanna mention that 2P VS 2 AI offline Co-Op is very fun! Since I'm NOWHERE in the story yet, didn't use artifacts, and kept Time OFF, but it was great working together against common foes. Wish Campaign could be Co-Op too, since it seems to work out so well.

Lookin' forward to really getting to dig into the game a bit later, but yeah, great first impressions. The loading time doesn't bother me, either, given the sharp, wonderfully animated stuff that awaits afterwards. Seems much better than, say, Hard Corps Uprising loads, though.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
The only thing that's almost as good as playing Clash HD or Critter Crunch is checking out the filesize when they download. I made it to my second lap of honour around the lounge shouting ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE* GIGABYTES OF 2D ART before my girlfriend threatened to leave me.

* I know, it's actually 1.6

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Bought this game on PSN yesterday basically just off the fact that my wife and I have played Critter Crunch for 1000+hours.

It's wonderful, but I have to agree with other posters about distinguishing blue/green, even on a giant HDTV. Also, while the load times aren't TOO long, they definitely seem to be between every little thing (including choosing to flee before a battle starts) and they can be a bit annoying.

Otherwise, very fun, and I hope more people are on multiplayer for PSN. It was DEAD yesterday.

Cromulent_Word said:
You can't 2 v AI online. We crammed it as full as possible, but there was a limit to what we could get in.

8 artists worked on Clash HD. It was quite an art-beast.

Not that it really matters, cause we mostly just want people to play the game... but buying the XBLA/PSN version for $15 supports Capy more than the DS version at almost any price :)

Want for iPad. When?

D2M15 said:
The only thing that's almost as good as playing Clash HD or Critter Crunch is checking out the filesize when they download. I made it to my second lap of honour around the lounge shouting ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE* GIGABYTES OF 2D ART before my girlfriend threatened to leave me.

* I know, it's actually 1.6
Yea its 1611mb. Sooooo much of that is animations in texture form. Doing 2DHD like we do has huge downsides - namely file size and loading. But we do our best, and hopefully gamers enjoy the game enough to look past it.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
ZOINKS. Thats a wicked review.

Gaspode_T

Loving this game!!!

Finished the first 'real' campaign battle, quit to menu, hopped into a multiplayer match and proceeded to get owned so badly I still don't know what happened. It seemed to be going fine for a while, I was chaining fairies and archers a few times, building walls, enemies life was 94 and mine was 89 or something, then suddenly other player unleashes a bunch of attacks and does something like 180 damage to me in one turn.

That makes me just want to play it more and figure out how to use the big dragons that were seemingly useless to me :) I couldn't figure out how to get them to attack...I thought maybe they needed to be in front row so I wasted some turns throwing away people. Probably just need to play the campaign more and figure out more tricks.

The atmosphere, art and music kind of makes me want to go play Dark Wizard on Sega CD. I love that kids will get hooked into this game and have to use their brains to win.

JWong

Banned
Crom, you still owe me a shirt. 8P
don't worry about it

Are you going to the Canadian Game Conference?

Haven't heard anything about this game until this thread. Was going to wait for a Giant Bomb quick look but... fuck it. I'm going in.

sleepykyo

The loading is annoying, but if that was the price for the backgrounds, sure. Love that
Fiona actually looks transparent

Kafel

Banned
Yeah, annoying loading times.

The game was great until I lost my
deers and unicorns and had to start again from zero
. It's going to be 3-4 times like this ?

I didn't use at all the big creatures and didn't have a single problem.But now in town I have to do silly level-up for hours.

sleepykyo

Kafel said:
Yeah, annoying loading times.

The game was great until I lost my
deers and unicorns and had to start again from zero
. It's going to be 3-4 times like this ?

I didn't use at all the big creatures and didn't have a single problem.But now in town I have to do silly level-up for hours.

You dont't have to start again, as far I can tell the gold is only for buying elite units.

Gowans

After a late night last night my game timer reads five hours! It's been a long time since a game (never mind a puzzle game) grabbed me like that & I havent even scratched the surface.

Fugu

I love this game and all, but shit, can they stop attaching the Might and Magic label to it? It has absolutely nothing in common with the Might and Magic series.

Edgeward

Man, game has the same effect on me as Puzzle Quest. I only intend to play a couple battles but I end up playing it for an hour and a half today.

Top Bottom