• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

rrs

g3xUPzD.jpg

O_O

I like it.
Whoa. That looks awesome.

It's a concept shot, but if it happens daaamn this will be a nice game.

thefro

Does 2PP have enough people to document this and DFA at the same time? I assume they'll be going to Japan for this one. Honestly this part of the KS intrigues more than the actual game since we rarely, if ever, see behind the scenes stuff in Japanese game development.

The kickstarter says they're just doing 3 30-minute episodes for this game (if they make it to 2 million).

JoeFu

Banned
Yay for console warriors, can't be a thread on gaf without any!

Can we just be happy that a game like this is even going to be made?

JordanN

Banned
They aren't targeting crazy next gen (whatever that would be for a 2.5 D game at this point). That being said this will come out on next gen consoles obviously.
I'll take anything Mega Man related right now so I don't see the graphics being a problem. Heck, 360 level is a still big step for Mega Man considering he doesn't even have a proper last gen game.

ultron87

It's kind of weird just how Mega Man this is, but it isn't like anyone else is filling this need. Will likely back.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I'm really glad that people are so hyped about Mighty No. 9. Listening to the reaction from the folks at the panel was amazing. The response on the Kickstarter page is blowing my mind.

As for the budget/timeframe, I know the dev team spent a lot of time going over things and making all sorts of adjustments in order to come up with realistic expectations for both. The last thing they want to do is end up running out of money before the game is finished or not being able to meet their expected launch date.

And yes, for those who listen to Player One Podcast, this is indeed the project that I'm working on with 8-4.

casmith07

Ooooh, I almost forgot about that new third party production thing! I'm going to tweet him as well.

I didn't tweet Shahid. His last tweet is that he is on a break from twitter for a week.

I know I was just asking "does" he respond, as in is he responsive on Twitter otherwise.

If so I'll also tweet him when he gets back from his hiatus.

Sales-wise, of course. Sony's positioned Vita as a home for indie games though. Nintendo's not done the same for Wii U.

I mean, the proof is in the pudding. Are there as many indie games on or coming to Wii U as Vita?

Yes? And it's not like 2D platformers fans are exclusive to Vita, Wii U owners will eat this up as well if it's good. Look at Mighty Switch Force HD, the sequel is already announced to be coming in October for Wii U. Maybe you need to clean up you Vita love a little from those glasses.

chrono01

I'm definitely going to pledge my support for the $60 physical copy later this week. This will be the first game Kickstarter I support.

My only question now is whether the English/Japanese box will have different artwork. I already know I'll get the manual in English since I can't read Japanese, but if the Japanese box-art is different [and superior, which is often the case] I might opt for that instead. Thankfully, I have some time to decide.

JazzmanZ

on what basis?

Everything about it is Megaman but with a different design.

Theres a metool expy, a sniper joe expy, a roll and eddie expy, everything expy.

It's basically if you made a Mario platformer but changed everything into a slightly different taiwan design of the characters.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Damn this is some high level trolling, they even named it 9? lol.

The enemies are wearing construction cones on their head instead of construction helmets.

The first Call design is basically Roll. She is even riding a dog/cat transformed into a bike. I'm just going to skip mentioning Beck's similarity to Mega Man.

Must resist $250 tier...

epmode

I'm kinda worried they might get hit with a cease and desist from Capcom. Game looks waaaay too similar to Megaman. So far at least.

Nah. The industry would be really different if developers had to worry about lawsuits for developing clones. Lawsuits like that are almost never filed and they're successful even less frequently.

Luigiv

Yeah there's no way I don't see them suing.

Whilst this game is a blatant Megaman "clone", being a blatant clone is not grounds for a law suit. The game would actually have to infringe on Capcom's copyright for them to have a case.

So does 9 represent this game as the true successor to MM8?

In any case if that's what he's going for then I support it 100%.

Squire

Banned
Yes? And it's not like 2D platformers fans are exclusive to Vita, Wii U owners will eat this up as well if it's good. Look at Mighty Switch Force HD, the sequel is already announced to be coming in October for Wii U. Maybe you need to clean up you Vita love a little from those glasses.

Why are you acting like only mentioned Vita when there's like four platforms in my original post? I even mentioned the 3DS.

I think they picked the wrong platforms. I said 360 and Wii U. Not everything is console wars. Chill.

VariantX

I'm kinda worried they might get hit with a cease and desist from Capcom. Game looks waaaay too similar to Megaman. So far at least.

Regardless, I'm in for $60. Quite possibly the most thoroughly interesting kickstarter I've read.

If Capcom can give them a C&D, then Activison ought to be able to do that to half the industry for trying to ape CoD.

Sorral

I know I was just asking "does" he respond, as in is he responsive on Twitter otherwise.

If so I'll also tweet him when he gets back from his hiatus.

Oh sorry! I was a bit excited and responded fast.

Yeah, he does respond. Maybe not every single thing, but I think he is like Yoshida where he will at least acknowledge your tweet with a reply.

Edit: I did tweet @giocorsi with the link to the kickstarter though. I hope to hear something back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Everything about it is Megaman but with a different design.

Theres a metool expy, a sniper joe expy, a roll and eddie expy, everything expy.

It's basically if you made a Mario platformer but changed everything into a slightly different taiwan design of the characters.
Or changed them from brothers to sisters...

Top Bottom