• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Huckabee to pay $25k for playing "Eye of the Tiger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao. Serves him right for supporting a bigot.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/new...e-of-the-tiger0535PMStoryLink&linkId=25963196

Failed presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is paying $25,000 for playing "Eye of the Tiger" at a rally last year without the band's permission, CNNMoney has discovered.
Huckabee played the triumphant song by the band Survivor at a rally he held for Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
But Huckabee never paid for the rights -- so his campaign got sued for copyright infringement.
He recently agreed to a confidential settlement with Rude Music. That company is owned by the Survivor guitarist who cowrote the song, Frankie Sullivan.

FStubbs

GOP types should stick to country music where more of the artists like them.

Either that or see about getting music licensed.

RPGCrazied

I know some artists not wanting Trump to play their stuff either, hope he gets sued too.

But nice to hear him having to pay up, what a slime ball.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I like the thought of a montage of Kim Davis shadow boxing and running up the steps of that Philadelphia whateverthefuck building while this song plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom