• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
0137680001280969161.png

GAF SERVER(S)
NeoGAF server info will be here! Any admin running one, reply with the info, or PM it. Only members can see this forum, so we are safe.

Firehead's testing server: 74.182.162.234:27015
Oatmeal's GAFLand: oatmealmu.dyndns.org

SERVER RULES
Anyone wanna draft up some rules? I posted some waaay back in the gaming-side OP but I can't find them now.

1) If you cut down a tree you must re-plant a sapling, unless you are specifically trying to clear the area.

2) Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES can you delete blocks someone has placed.

3) (NOTE: Signposts, furnaces, and other major features are not currently working in multiplayer). Signposts everywhere. If you make a building, make a storage chest, make a mineshaft, LABEL IT. This is the only way we can communicate with each other effectively once things die down and we aren't all online concurrently. Even if you just place some dirt in the ocean, make a label that says "papyrus farm." Then when you sign off others can expand.

4) No sky name banners. Tacky!

LATEST SERVER NEWS/NEEDS/PROJECTS

This section will list what GAF is collectively working on, what we need more of, etc. So people can see at a glance that we're low on coal or papyrus, or that we're working on an elevated canal system for transportation, while we wait on a minecart.

PLANS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS

Here we can have loose or first plans/designs for future construction projects. Off the top of my head:

- Central castle/guild hall. Very near to spawn. Will serve as our "home base" with lots of workbenches and furnaces. Will have lots of shared space. Possibly a section for us each to have our own small rooms.

- Wheat farm. With no pigs, this is the only way to get food.

- Proper tree farm. Remember a tree needs 5x5 to grow.

- Papyrus farm.

FAQ:

Q: How do I chat in Multiplayer?
A: Use the "T" button.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can we decide on one thread please? ^^
We should use this thread however. All the info is in plus the IP's

So happy playing together :)
And how can I chat in MP? =(

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Toma said:
Can we decide on one thread please? ^^
We should use this thread however. All the info is in plus the IP's

So happy playing together :)
And how can I chat in MP? =(

Just press 't'.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't forget to note the broken stuff. Furnaces only smelt half way though then the pikmin die, and doors have been cursed by bowser to teleport you to the entrense of the door when you try to walk though.

Also, I don't think Signposts work right. I don't think other can read them, but that may of been fixed.

Ashodin

I'm on board for this as well.

Once full Alpha features get in, we can get a dungeon spelunking group going - and a PVP hall maybe as well if it works.

Frostburn

Awesome, I'm down for some multiplayer, just getting the hang of some of the single player stuff, water is crazy sometimes but other then that I'm having a blast. Hope to see you guys on the server!

Billen

Banned
I am trying the secondary server, and as soon as I spawn I fall through the world and die at the bottom. Interesting experience.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We should divide those topics. Multiplayer talk in here, singleplayer over there. This is getting convoluted and confusing >_< I dont like to ask everybody whether he was talking about SP or MP when he explains something.

He wasn't kidding when he said the first multiplayer update would be buggy. Might be waiting until the next update to play again. I can definitely see a lot of potential in the multiplayer.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm working very hard on a banner for this thread right now. Hoping to finish it today.

Ashodin

Hopped on, tried to mine stuff, had HUGE lag (this is on the test server), will wait for the much faster official one :D

Yeah. Multiplayer was fun while the novelty of it was still fresh. But the lag and lack of enemies and day/night cycle ruin it for me.

Dragmire

The multiplayer is bugged out and laggy as hell, but somehow I'm still managing to have fun with it. Can't wait till the issues get sorted out and the lag gets minimized.

Hmm whenever I connect to a server my entire internet connection freezes up and I have to reboot everything. Is anybody else experiencing this?

thefil

I'd definitely like to get in on this, but with Starcraft II... curse the golden age of gaming we live in :lol .

Mine is down for today. It seems there's some serious memory issues with the server and it won't allocate itself more. Once it hit ~30% memory left the server started spewing out error messages.

PM me if you want it brought back up for the night. I'm in Toronto if that gives you an idea of what latency will be like.

Top Bottom