• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

Rapstah

Hey, server owner guy, can you do a Cartographer render of the map as it is right now? Please? It'd be awesome.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Really trying to understand this game. Seems like it could be a blast. How many people can be logged onto the server at 1 time?

Rapstah

Lonestar said:
Really trying to understand this game. Seems like it could be a blast. How many people can be logged onto the server at 1 time?
There's no limit, although it starts lagging around 10 and gets unplayable around 30 on my hardware.

Orgun

F*CK! I really shouldnt have been watching a Minecraft stream while mining around a lava pit...5 minutes after my first dip into lava and losing my redstone I did it again...only this time I lost E V E R Y T H I N G.

And in some games that would be it for me...but in Minecraft nuh uh, MORE I need MORE :lol

edit: Oh I just figured out how to farm, yay.

Dragmire

Right-click to plant saplings. To find saplings, sometimes you have to hit a lot of leaves before a sapling falls out. And it might be a good idea to replant any tree that you cut down so you don't run out of trees in one area and have to go far away to get wood.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
So I timed out. I try to get back in and it says time out again. Does it say something else if the server is full? Cause if I'm trying to get into a full room its kinda pointless and it sucks if it doesn't tell me!

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I can understand the scripts being useful, but it seems like there's been nothing but trouble with the server ever since they were added

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Leave it in for now though. I need to spawn some TNTs to make this excavation process go faster.

OatmealMu

Sorry for the hiccups, everyone. All of the scripts had some nasty flaw to them so we're back to a vanilla server. If that crashes there's nothing I can do.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
2z8ys5f.png

Made the GAF logo :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did the server just crash?

I'll take the above as a yes. And just as I was taking Poly to that math thingy.

Server is going to be laggy when its back up.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm building my modest flying structure, and meanwhile I look to my side to see all the awesome shit you've all already built. Feels me with sadness. :lol

Edit: Hopefully I'll be able to finish it tomorrow.

0428302001281071055.png

Lonestar said:

I was once like you. There is absolutely nothing to understand. It's a sandbox game. You explore, dig for materials, build shit, etc.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
When the bugs get sorted and multiplayer gets more stable this will be really fucking good. Right now it's just too buggy.

Also needs the ability to be able to see who's connected by pressing tab, like creative multiplayer.

Doodlebug

Is 9.95EUR the price everyone else paid? Is that the discounted, 50% price?

Never mind. I found the page where it says as much.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Doodlebug said:
Is 9.95EUR the price everyone else paid? Is that the discounted, 50% price?
Yeah, its the current going price during Alpha stages. When it goes Beta (Most likely at the end of the month), it will go up to 15 Euros.

We need to get rid of the ability to spawn Gunpowder and TNT, someone could level a giant building with them. Made a huge hole under a small lake on an island east of spawn. Its near the LOL sign. Just look for the large arrow pointing down for the whole, big area down there.

Firehead

My server's back up. It currently only allows five players. As soon as I get a better internet connection, I'll increase the limit.
Edit: Item spawning is in. However, you're only able to spawn iron, glass and tree saplings. My server's the "test server" in the OP.

Drkirby said:
We need to get rid of the ability to spawn Gunpowder and TNT, someone could level a giant building with them.

Yeah, the potential for griefing with TNT is huge - I stacked about 50 blocks and blew up half a mountain o_O

Blizzard

Banned
TheNiX said:
Somehow I'd imaging the TNT/Gunpowder being a strain on the server when destroying tons of land at once.
It absolutely is. Also, apparently I haven't been on the server since people became able to spawn their own items. Is there a limit or is this making it more like creative mode? :lol There's already no need to get anything but one iron pick-axe/axe/shovel essentially, unless you muck with obsidian somehow.

Blizzard said:
It absolutely is. Also, apparently I haven't been on the server since people became able to spawn their own items. Is there a limit or is this making it more like creative mode? :lol There's already no need to get anything but one iron pick-axe/axe/shovel essentially, unless you muck with obsidian somehow.

There's currently no limit, but probably should be - it's too tempting to summon a diamond pick and shovel or a bunch of TNT :p

Although, it's the only way we can get glass at the moment - I also found it really helpful for spawning water sources.

nekosaur

Ventured east for a little while and found some beautiful cliff formations. Had just started to mine when I happened upon a huge cavern system. These spires mark the locations of a few entrances to the system. Some of the entrances are underwater, but they are marked with cobblestone.

2qmn214.png

Blizzard

Banned
Bootaaay said:
There's currently no limit, but probably should be - it's too tempting to summon a diamond pick and shovel or a bunch of TNT :p

Although, it's the only way we can get glass at the moment - I also found it really helpful for spawning water sources.
Since this is basically semi-creative mode until mobs and nights are added, I guess it's reasonable especially since tools don't wear out. I would suggest (if possible) that TNT spawning be disabled. Water sources should be fine as long as no one abuses them, but it would be nice to disable lava source spawning as well considering how dangerous it is to trees/buildings, even through double-thick stone walls apparently?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've found a HUGE cave system - the biggest I've ever found on any world - just next to main Gafland. I've marked the entrance with a torch. There's tons of lava, gold, redstone and coal down there.

Unfortunately, I got lost and had to disconnect to go back. But my torches are spread all over the caves, so anyone who wants to explore it will have an easier time.

Edit: I don't think the system I've found is the same as nekosaur's because I haven't seen his towers, but maybe they're connected.

ant_

Yeah, please no one spawn any lavasources of steel/flint. Just spent 30 minutes putting out a huge forest fire. Sucks. It also slows down the server.

ant_

Doodlebug said:
Did you do anything special to get on? I continue to time out when trying to connect.
Are you trying to connect to the servers in the OP? Those ones aren't the ones we're using. Use the one further down, Oatmeal's server.

Top Bottom