• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Multiplayer thread of building with a buddy then lighting him on fire

OatmealMu

Damn, the server for this is really unstable. It's not that it crashes. It's that it gets overloaded really easily. If I could just limit the player counts...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
what an awesome,awesome game. Waiting for other multiplayer stuff. When we need to build a village to protect ourselves and send brave warriors outside. definitely will make more sense to work on structures together then. And thanks to everybody who let me help with something :)

Maxrpg said:
Skybridge!

2ihpjjm.jpg

:D

I finally completed my skybridge on Oatmeal's server. I even put my name on it. So do not mess with it or I will shove a diamond shovel where the sun don't shine. It took me three hours to build the tower on the left and then to connect the two mountains the original people who were on the server started on. I did not create the middle tower though, someone was building a tower underneath it and it went through the middle of my bridge. Also someone made an extension on the right side. Unfortunately I cannot remember their names.

There is also a puddle of spilled lava underneath it because Oatmeal decided to spawn lava on me and I accidentally dropped it on the ground. :lol

ev9e1j.jpg

Awakened said:
I made the crappy middle tower ;o
Lol there you are! I thought that was pretty funny. As I was expanding the bridge I was watching you build your tower higher and higher, closer to it. I was wondering what you were going to do when you reached the bridge. Awesome work though, it was really useful to complete the last leg because I kept falling off the bridge and had to climb up using your tower.

I wish all the minerals were working, I really wanted to make a minecart on it to the various mountains.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oatmeal's server's working a lot better than Firehead's was earlier, but it's still a bit laggy for me - but I'm to blame since I live so far away from y'all, I guess. :(

Hopefully once the definitive server kicks in gameplay will be seamless.

As Oatmeal pointed out, the server is easily overloaded. It doesn't handle memory very well. I'm sure once Notch gets time he'll take a look at it and fix it.

Blizzard

Banned
It got super laggy yeah. Making a mine was fun...we got a group of 4-5 people, made an arrow to indicate where the mine is (east of spawn, past skybridge, below a tower), and just started making stairs and spirals going down until we hit a cave. With some ladders, steps, and redstone torches you could even climb back out from the bedrock too. :D

Tossing your weapons and picking them back up recharges them -- nice since diamond isn't needed for anything besides obsidian (which I don't think I ever saw). Playing with peaceful difficulty on eventually heals you if lava burns you. Respawning (at least once) put me back where I died. Once I think the server restarted and a lot of the items were still lying on the ground, which was interesting.

I think one of the highlights was ditching the last of my stuff to make a big gravel block by a lake, and looking into the distance on a hardly visible mountain, where no one had yet explored...except on top of the mountain were the carefully constructed letters L O L. :lol

Ashodin

Can't wait until some updates to the multi - I bet $17,000 will get Notch moving on it after his trips :lol

Super awesome time with DrKirby and Carchosmar (I can't remember, I just kept calling him Car). We should do it again, for great digging justice!

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
TheNiX said:
Super awesome time with DrKirby and Carchosmar (I can't remember, I just kept calling him Car). We should do it again, for great digging justice!

Carcharos!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheNiX said:
Hey, isn't the server just rebooting, and not turning off for the night? Once its back up, we need to make a tunnel going to the unexplored western fronter!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI I am at a conference for work today through Friday, and I'm camping Sat-Sun. So the OP won't be updated much (if at all) until Monday. But at that point I'll go back through and add more IP addresses as they come up, add rules people have written, banners, etc.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Some awesome things when up today...

Cobblestone dome, megaroad, skybridge, stairway to heaven, tons of mines, gaf house. And some people have built/labeled their own abodes. (including myself)

GAF server is awesomeeeeee. Hope it doesn't get griefed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think my tunneling adventure killed the server. It seemed like when I came back the lag was gone.

Ashodin

K2Valor said:
Some awesome things when up today...

Cobblestone dome, megaroad, skybridge, stairway to heaven, tons of mines, gaf house. And some people have built/labeled their own abodes. (including myself)

GAF server is awesomeeeeee. Hope it doesn't get griefed.

:D

PICTURESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2111apx.jpg

Welcome to your new home!

295uv6x.jpg

The Entryway.

34tanoo.jpg

You know who made this as soon as you enter!

x5egsl.jpg

Down the main hallway... love the lighting!

16md6w.jpg

Take a nap on the gaf bed...

mjy7i1.jpg

Or work in our workshop!

e81m69.jpg

Family room TBA

28iur03.jpg

Chill on the GAF couch in our den...

rrmtfc.jpg

Why won't this widescreen TV get any reception!?

34zg5yg.jpg

It's not just Max (my gaf name) but Ash! (my minecraft name!)

b3n6nr.jpg

View from the third story smokebreak/hangout/lookout.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Server seems offline? What a pity :( But yeah you definitely need to upload that world for us to grab when you take the server completely offline. was awesome nevertheless :)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oatmeal's server works great. And it's already full of so much awesome shit, it's insane.

Toma

Cindres said:
Oatmeal's server works great. And it's already full of so much awesome shit, it's insane.

Do you mean its working now? I cant connect to any server :(

besada

Banned
I was on Oatmeal's server this morning and it worked great. I'm amazed at how much you guys have already built.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It was interesting. I wondered around and built a narrow pillar on a mountain and fell to my death. Tried to get back to the main area but got lost. :p

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Is Oatmeals server running right now, just I can't get in? One time I was in for a second but it said "socket error: connection reset" or something like that.

And yes I know he's trying to get the python script working.

edit: Ok im in now.

Oatmeal's server doesn't seem to be coming back online, he was rebooting it, but I haven't been able to connect again.

EDIT: Oh shi.. it works now!

EDIT 2: Nevermind, socket error after 30 seconds.

superbank

K2Valor said:
Someone griefed my home, so I'm now changing it to GAFscraper.

Yeah I saw that. Someone dug up my redstones too and they're just floating there right by the wall with your name. I saw it just before I timed out of Mu's room.

ant_

superbank said:
Yeah I saw that. Someone dug up my redstones too and they're just floating there right by the wall with your name. I saw it just before I timed out of Mu's room.
Well they didn't really grief it, they just pretty much removed the giant "K2" and made the staircase go higher. I can imagine why they removed the K2 so I don't really mind :lol

superbank

K2Valor said:
Well they didn't really grief it, they just pretty much removed the giant "K2" and made the staircase go higher. I can imagine why they removed the K2 so I don't really mind :lol
I bet they just didnt see it. Theres a passageway through the 2 now. :lol

ant_

superbank said:
I bet they just didnt see it. Theres a passageway through the 2 now. :lol
I created that :D I just added on to it. Theres a tunnel leading to the GAF house and to my future GAFscraper

Poetaster

Banned
I have a feeling that at some point I'm going to log into the server and see the POETASTER on my structure changed to POOTASTER.

OatmealMu

Experimenting with various scripts. Right now, I can kick/ban people. Will be assigning regulars as ops if this script doesn't punk out on me.

ant_

Poetaster said:
I have a feeling that at some point I'm going to log into the server and see the POETASTER on my structure changed to POOTASTER.
You're the one that created epic stairway? Probably my favorite creation on there. So fucking huge and awesome

Edit -- And Oatmeal, did you get player limit working? And MOTD?

superbank

Ahhh timed out again. I just want to open this hole so I can see how low I've made the Spiral Shrimp Tower.

Poetaster said:
Good idea.

Nooooo Oatmeal's server is down. I was actually looking forward all day to see what progress was made by everyone and if anyone destroyed my skybridge and tower.

Eaten By A Grue said:
Nooooo Oatmeal's server is down. I was actually looking forward all day to see what progress was made by everyone and if anyone destroyed my skybridge and tower.
He's testing some different implementations at the moment, hopefully it'll be up and stable soon.

Poetaster

Banned
K2Valor said:
You're the one that created epic stairway? Probably my favorite creation on there. So fucking huge and awesome

Yeah, I made that. I think I might make the bottom of it go downward into the ground as far as it can go and put mine cart tracks on it.

Poetaster said:
Yeah, I made that. I think I might make the bottom of it go downward into the ground as far as it can go and put mine cart tracks on it.
Put as many tracks as you can fit onto it so we can have races!

2Crisis

Eaten By A Grue said:

skybridge is still there, I put stone tiles instead of dirt so it looks a bit better. other than that it is pretty much exactly the same, just extended at the end by other people.

2Crisis said:
skybridge is still there, I put stone tiles instead of dirt so it looks a bit better. other than that it is pretty much exactly the same, just extended at the end by other people.
Cool cool. It was nowhere near complete, I was getting tired after 3 hours of constant building. I wanted to make an identical tower on the other mountain, put a roof over the bridge, then fancy everything up. Then maybe a minecart to cover the entire expanse.

Top Bottom