• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Sarcasm

Which mods? But each PC different..like I can't use Sonic's regardless..grey screen and invalid composte error. Every shader when I get close to a torch does an annoying flicker (I think its mimicking a flame or something).

Don't take much of a FPS hit though..oddly when a shader works (regardless of the light flicker near torches)

Do note the flickering goes away when I take out NEI.

Which mods? But each PC different..like I can't use Sonic's regardless..grey screen and invalid composte error. Every shader when I get close to a torch does an annoying flicker (I think its mimicking a flame or something).

Don't take much of a FPS hit though..oddly when a shader works (regardless of the light flicker near torches)

I've got REI minimap right now. But I've tried it with that crafting guide mod. I think you posted a picture of it. Flickering huh? Can't say I've seen that.

Ill be on gafland tommorrow. Its like 1am right now.

Sarcasm

SHame I can use every others BUT Sonic's Unbelievable Shaders!

**NEI is the flickering culprit. Must use something I guess that shaders does to.

There's someone who uses a controller on the server just fine. I wish I remembered who it was now. I keep meaning to look into it so I can play from my couch on the big screen.

edit- but to answer your question more directly, t doesin't natively support a controller

i find that pretty weird and disappointing given they have a 360 version :(

Sarcasm

i find that pretty weird and disappointing given they have a 360 version :(

The PC version and 360 versions are actually handled by separate companies.

Xbox version is 4J Studios. Also note that the xbox version is behind the PC version..I belive they are just getting cats.

freoleo29

Can i please get whitelisted,
Username is liaam29
I asked earlier in the thread but got no reply so i logged onto the server today and the guys on told me to just post a reminder in here in case it was missed.

defel

Ive been working on a witch hut but im beginning to realise that its not going to work on SMP, especially given that the server has been pretty active recently.

Ive got very fertile spawning grounds, the caves are all lit up so mob spawning should be limited to certain parts around me but I get nothing. I cant think of anything else unless Im derping on something.

Sarcasm

Ive been working on a witch hut but im beginning to realise that its not going to work on SMP, especially given that the server has been pretty active recently.

Ive got very fertile spawning grounds, the caves are all lit up so mob spawning should be limited to certain parts around me but I get nothing. I cant think of anything else unless Im derping on something.

If your talking about GAFland spawning is freakin messed up. I don't even NEED torches.

Morokh

You are andyj89 ingame ?

You get no spawns at all ? or only few ?

Check that you did not miss some big cave, or something underground, the more you light up the place the more mobs spawn in the leftover dark areas as small and few as they are.

It can also depends on where you stay when you test it, on the witch-farm i made on Neocraft i needed to be at least 20 blocks away from the spawning pads to see something spawn.

The number of players on the server may also make or break the spawning rates, because if I understood it right there is a hidden limit at how much hostile entities can be on a server at the same time, so if someone is somewhere has plenty of mobs in the chunks around him you may have less room for spawns where you are (but if you get rid of the witches that spawn, very fast, you should still get some)

I plan on doing one in the swamp far away east of where you are where there is another witch-hut, and plan to build my base around it (while being careful with lighting) so i'm not really concerned with effectiveness since it will run automatically, but couldn't hurt to check if there is nothing wrong with mob spawning because it's not the first time we have weird things about this matter.

Ark

Can i please get whitelisted,
Username is liaam29
I asked earlier in the thread but got no reply so i logged onto the server today and the guys on told me to just post a reminder in here in case it was missed.

I'll get you added when I get back home.

ib0ZlN0CXWZ40e.png

The very humble beginnings of Al-Medina 2.0.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to begin the layout of the city, but once I've got some basic infrastructure down I'll open it up to a community build if anyone is interested in re-living some history.

Seanspeed

Banned
If your talking about GAFland spawning is freakin messed up. I don't even NEED torches.
Yea, I wasn't sure if this was just a PC-version thing or not, but there's very few enemies at night compared to what I'm used to on the 360 version. And with creeper damage turned off, I feel entirely too comfortable working out at night still, even without any armor.

Sarcasm

Yea, I wasn't sure if this was just a PC-version thing or not, but there's very few enemies at night compared to what I'm used to on the 360 version. And with creeper damage turned off, I feel entirely too comfortable working out at night still, even without any armor.

Its the server, not the PC version. Go try out single player. Its probably an issue with essentials.

Btw we should totally play together on the server sometime.

Seanspeed

Banned
Its the server, not the PC version. Go try out single player. Its probably an issue with essentials.

Btw we should totally play together on the server sometime.
Yea man, sounds good. I've been a bit of a loner on there so far, just kinda working on my house and getting used to the PC controls while building and everything in general.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Yeah, mob spawns are a bit wonky on the server. I see next to no pigs or cows out and about at all, and the other day I tunneled into a virgin underground ravine that was completely dark, and the entire time I explored it I didn't see a single zombie, skeleton, spider, or creeper. Not a single one. If not for a single slime at the bottom I would have thought I was playing on peaceful.

Strangely enough, sometimes when I'm riding my horse out and about in the middle in of the day on Gafland I'll come across tons of skels and zombies burning up, at high noon, like they had just been exposed to sun right as I rode up on them. Very strange.

I was playing my SMP world a bit last night and came across a new cave system, and spent like ten minutes fighting back the hordes of undead that were swarming on me like a river unleashed. It was like I had opened a gateway to zombie world or something.

So yeah, spawns on the server are acting odd.

Akira_83

Banned
hey guys!

checked out the neocraft server for the first time and the guy logged in said i needed to post in here to be able to actually join and help build?

very interested! Bought Minecraft back in alpha and after playing it to death ive been on hiatus for like almost a year due to creative block... but i really wanna get back into it!

thanks!

EDIT: oops

in game name is valkyr47

I'll get you added when I get back home.

Beat you too it ;-) and I put all the colons in this time.

So

liaam29
KatriPink

have been added to the whitelist and should be able to interact with the world now.

hey guys!

checked out the neocraft server for the first time and the guy logged in said i needed to post in here to be able to actually join and help build?

We need your minecraft username to add you to the whitelist.

I keep pulling up the MP server listing and hovering over the GAF server, but never can seem to bring myself to join already.

First impressions are so awkward :<

I keep pulling up the MP server listing and hovering over the GAF server, but never can seem to bring myself to join already.

First impressions are so awkward :<

Don't forget to profess your love for Volus Vanguards and Mass Effect 3 in general to Charlie. You do that and you'll be alright.

Don't forget to profess your love for Volus Vanguards and Mass Effect 3 in general to Charlie. You do that and you'll be alright.

I'll ban ya. I'll ban you all. You'll see it will be "you're getting a ban" and "you're getting a ban" and everyone is getting a ban ............ I aint bitter honest I am totally over the ending of Mass Effect 3 .......... I really am.

Shadowhog it is a great place to hang out. If you just want to pop in and not take part in the chat no one is going to force you too. I remember when I first joined minecraft I spent nearly a month in my own little corner watching all the chit chat and thinking "damn these people are scary, I hope they never find out where I live".

Oh yeah and Mengy is a bloody awful mod, never seen a worse mod in my life ;-)

-Minsc-

I'll ban ya. I'll ban you all. You'll see it will be "you're getting a ban" and "you're getting a ban" and everyone is getting a ban ............ I aint bitter honest I am totally over the ending of Mass Effect 3 .......... I really am.

Shadowhog it is a great place to hang out. If you just want to pop in and not take part in the chat no one is going to force you too. I remember when I first joined minecraft I spent nearly a month in my own little corner watching all the chit chat and thinking "damn these people are scary, I hope they never find out where I live".

Oh yeah and Mengy is a bloody awful mod, never seen a worse mod in my life ;-)

Wait, if you thought people were scary on the server back then what does this make us and the conversations we have now?

belushy

Banned
Hey guys I asked this a few days ago but I don't think anyone saw it because I had edited the post after a few more replies were posted so people might have skimmed over it.

I've been looking at trying to add small addition mods. My laptop can't run FTB very well, so I'm looking for mods that add small additions that enhance the experience with new weapons, decoration pieces, decoration blocks, ores, foods, potions, etc. Stuff like that. Nothing big like Forestry, IC2, or Redpower. For example, the mods I currently have on my list is E-Tools, Bibliocraft, and Metallurgy.

Sarcasm

I would also add Tinker's Construct and natura. Also try out mekanism and even applied energistics for storage system.

Sarcasm

Yeah I was toying with the idea of adding Tinker's Construct and Natura because the smeltery looks awesome.

Yea!

With mekanism you get some neat power generation and ore trippling.

AE brings storage in small form, import/export to machines and autocrafting.

Though Dartcraft for 1.6.2 may be releasing a beta..I could only use that one mod over everything else to play with.

belushy

Banned
Yea!

With mekanism you get some neat power generation and ore trippling.

AE brings storage in small form, import/export to machines and autocrafting.

Though Dartcraft for 1.6.2 may be releasing a beta..I could only use that one mod over everything else to play with.

Is Mekanism in beta somewhere? The Minecraft forum thread says the mod is still in version 1.5.2.

Oh and reading the Tinker's Construct thread I was reminded of Iron Chests mod. Love that mod. Definitely adding that.

Sarcasm

Is Mekanism in beta somewhere? The Minecraft forum thread says the mod is still in version 1.5.2.

Oh and reading the Tinker's Construct thread I was reminded of Iron Chests mod. Love that mod. Definitely adding that.

You have to go to their site..its actually included in the downloads...but I use:

http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.6.2.html

bot.notenoughmods.com is the base site where you can see mods for different versions of MC. If you want to chat out of forum posts you can add me on steam or something..I also have a mumble server.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
would anyone be interested in a group event to slay the dragon of gafland?

i have everything set up and ready to go, but i don't want to take the kill by myself if people want to make an event out of it.

i have the eyes, a stronghold that i have connected to the nether 'hub' and the skellie grinder is a great source of bows and arrows.

so whose interested?

-Minsc-

would anyone be interested in a group event to slay the dragon of gafland?

i have everything set up and ready to go, but i don't want to take the kill by myself if people want to make an event out of it.

i have the eyes, a stronghold that i have connected to the nether 'hub' and the skellie grinder is a great source of bows and arrows.

so whose interested?

Meeeeeeeeee!!! Never killed the dragon legit before. Or in a group even.

Sarcasm

bah! Typhoon must be affecting my connection to GAF! I can connect to others..but pfft

I want to mine in the dark lol

=(

kidko

If the timing works out I'd love to join!

Edit: also with us being all over the globe we might need an actual time because what even is afternoon/evening anymore

Top Bottom