• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

So finally joined, broke (and fixed) a fence, learned pigs need carrots to breed now, and tried to increase the population of the Harvester's cow pen (there were a whopping two... compared to Wilbur's pen, which had like six or seven).

Kinda wish animals grew up faster.

would anyone be interested in a group event to slay the dragon of gafland?

i have everything set up and ready to go, but i don't want to take the kill by myself if people want to make an event out of it.

i have the eyes, a stronghold that i have connected to the nether 'hub' and the skellie grinder is a great source of bows and arrows.

so whose interested?

I want to but I need armor and gear first. I haven't had time to do that. :( When is this going down?

defel

tommorow afternoon/evening. so 26-30 hours from now.

i can give you a bow and spare armour.

Put those two villages into the portal and they vanished. Tried again with two more and they disappeared again.

iirc villages can be transported through the nether. they didnt suffocate, i checked that.

either they are lost in the depths of time and space or they are wandering around the nether somewhere.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Put those two villages into the portal and they vanished. Tried again with two more and they disappeared again.

iirc villages can be transported through the nether. they didnt suffocate, i checked that.

either they are lost in the depths of time and space or they are wandering around the nether somewhere.
did you clear the pigmen? they run from pigmen as if they were zombies.

Grinchy

Banned
tommorow afternoon/evening. so 26-30 hours from now.

i can give you a bow and spare armour.

What kinds of things would one want to bring for the fight? Just arrows and armor, and obvious stuff like food? Is there anything that is particularly good against the dragon like potionwise or itemwise?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What kinds of things would one want to bring for the fight? Just arrows and armor, and obvious stuff like food? Is there anything that is particularly good against the dragon like potionwise or itemwise?

dont know, never killed one.

kidko

Probably want to bring dirt so you can climb up to the top of the towers and destroy the crystals before starting to attack the dragon. Healing potions, i guess. Tons of arrows. A pick if you want to take home some end stone.

woolley

Bring some cobble in case you need to bridge somewhere and create barrier around the spawning pad so you don't get easily knocked off. The dragon isn't very hard so you probably don't have to spend too much time getting ready for it.

woolley

So I went into my single player world without any of my mods loaded not I lost all of my important things. Is there anyway to get that all back or am I just fucked?

Blizzard

Banned
I'm probably ultra late to the party with this, since I haven't played Minecraft in ages even though I now have a Rift, but I think this is awesome:

Jeb said:
In the new launcher you can play exactly which-ever version of Minecraft you want

Better than something like Steam where you can't choose old versions of games after a new one breaks mods.

Also, Notch asked him to keep this as a world generator option, though apparently it's super resource intensive: http://i.imgur.com/DtYeEDO.jpg

Mirk

would anyone be interested in a group event to slay the dragon of gafland?

i have everything set up and ready to go, but i don't want to take the kill by myself if people want to make an event out of it.

i have the eyes, a stronghold that i have connected to the nether 'hub' and the skellie grinder is a great source of bows and arrows.

so whose interested?

I would love too!! what day we thinking? I wont be on till 8pm central time. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Do we have a skelly grinder around GAFland somewhere? I need some bonemeal!

i think i have the closest one. follow the road south from spawn, it'll be the last building in the plains at the end of the road.

today i finally joined spawn village. sorta. some of my horses live there now.

[hope im not too close to anyones buildings or if someone wanted that area, didnt see a sign so i assumed it was free]

due to circumstances at work i have to work tonight, so if you guys want to go a-dragon slaying, the last eye of ender is in my mailbox at my house. ill leave signs in the nether directing to the end portal, its not very far from spawn's portal and is on a safe path.

i think i have the closest one. follow the road south from spawn, it'll be the last building in the plains at the end of the road.

[hope im not too close to anyones buildings or if someone wanted that area, didnt see a sign so i assumed it was free]

due to circumstances at work i have to work tonight, so if you guys want to go a-dragon slaying, the last eye of ender is in my mailbox at my house. ill leave signs in the nether directing to the end portal, its not very far from spawn's portal and is on a safe path.

Speaking of the southern road I need to get it extended to my place just past the grinder.

kidko

Thank you!

Also, maybe we can do the Dragon hunt this weekend?

Mirk

Okay so I made an eye and went to the portal to start on an ender farm. It is broke just like
the nether was. So Ark if you could link up an end to the portal we could do some dragon
slaying when everyone is ready. :D

Also Panda there is no stronghold to the portal? How did you find this?

i was debating doing it but i didnt know how you wanted it to navigate around your place.

Yeah I need to figure out where the MAIN entrance will be. Once I get that set up I'll let you know because I really like the road. Obviously we'll need a bridge over the river too.

Ark

Okay so I made an eye and went to the portal to start on an ender farm. It is broke just like
the nether was. So Ark if you could link up an end to the portal we could do some dragon

Oh yeah, I never created an End. I'll make sure I get that done this evening.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

eyes of ender.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
weird I had no clue it could just spawn portal rooms. This must have been a needle in a
haystack to find lol.
nah, the eyes lock on to the portal itself, so you'll always be within a few blocks from the room.

that surrounding terrain is terror though, lava on two walls, cave spiders on another and a chestless spider spawner on the last side. i do not reccomend breaking a lot of blocks, that place wants to kill you.

-_-

Mirk

nah, the eyes lock on to the portal itself, so you'll always be within a few blocks from the room.

that surrounding terrain is terror though, lava on two walls, cave spiders on another and a chestless spider spawner on the last side. i do not reccomend breaking a lot of blocks, that place wants to kill you.

-_-

Ya I did a bit of scouting around before I logged and there is definitely 2 cave spider
spawners within 20 blocks of the portal. xD

limlark

Uh, which portal is everyone using? I already made a handy path to the portal room in one stronghold directly from the surface, and there were no cave spiders...

EDIT: It's the westernmost one at about -975, 250, in the jungle. The trees are all lit up with torches, and it's right by a river.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Uh, which portal is everyone using? I already made a handy path to the portal room in one stronghold directly from the surface, and there were no cave spiders...

EDIT: It's the westernmost one at about -975, 250, in the jungle. The trees are all lit up with torches, and it's right by a river.
i found one much closer to spawn.

362, -742. by nether it's 30 seconds away from spawn.

masud

Banned
Do not try to send your horses through the nether portal! They just disappear. Lost some horse armor earlier today...

mr.beers

Do not try to send your horses through the nether portal! They just disappear. Lost some horse armor earlier today...

Thanks for the heads up I was thinking of taking my horse in there for fast travel.

I vote for weekend dragon slaying too.

Ark

I've added an End world for Gafland now as well as make sure that everyone that has posted in this thread or PM'ed me is added to the whitelist.

Just so people know, I'm going to be gone for ~8-10 days so if you've got any problems, harass Charlie/Mengy and hope they can fix them :p

Mirk

I've added an End world for Gafland now as well as make sure that everyone that has posted in this thread or PM'ed me is added to the whitelist.

Just so people know, I'm going to be gone for ~8-10 days so if you've got any problems, harass Charlie/Mengy and hope they can fix them :p

nope sorry man still not working. :(

belushy

Banned
I've got an extra Silk touch pickaxe. It is an Iron pickaxe and also has Unbreaking 3 on it. I'll trade it and trust you guys give me a good deal because I have no idea much it is worth, and I'm not really in need of anything atm other than maybe a Fortune pickaxe.

edit: taken.

Thanks to CC for getting me added to the server. My gosh you guys have built some cool stuff. Where can a long timer just coming back to the game after a year or so off, go setup up a camp on the server?

Top Bottom