• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Kard8p3

Just got the game a few hours ago.. and HOLY CRAP. This is amazing..I'm going to put so many hours into this..

If anyone wants to add me, GT is Kard8p3.

Finally figured out how to make coal with the furnace to craft some torches! So I start digging out stairs in my mountain side home, I keep chipping away then all of a sudden an opening opens up into an underground cave system infested with baddies so I die and lose all my materials :( . Still was exciting and I plan to build some weapons so I can go down there and explore. This game is amazing, ive only heard the name minecraft before purchasing this on wednesday, didnt expect it to be this good.

EDIT:What brick material is used to make a bed? Is there anything that says the materials required besides the icon?

Izick

Wish I had money....how long does the trial last?

I can't remember the last time that 4 amazing XBLA games have come out in a row. (Trials, Fez, Walking Dead, and now Minecraft.) Can't even remember a Summer of Arcade that did that for me.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So i mined myself right into a lava pit.

Abort!!!!

Edit: Damn a zombie got into my mine. I escaped with one heart left...

Edit: well that was bad. i went outside to get some food and the exploding guy was there... I ran into the house forgot to close the door.
1.Hes in my mine
2.I have no food
3. I have one heart...
4. I had to wall myself in...

I think im screwed.

So i mined myself right into a lava pit.

Abort!!!!

Edit: Damn a zombie got into my mine. I escaped with one heart left...

Edit: well that was bad. i went outside to get some food and the exploding guy was there... I ran into the house forgot to close the door.
1.Hes in my mine
2.I have no food
3. I have one heart...
4. I had to wall myself in...

I think im screwed.

hahah. Had some of those moments yesterday. Having monsters in your safe zone you worked so hard to forge is just downright depressing. My fortress of solitude was tainted.

MThanded

This is a disaster. I have no food... My front door is open. The green guy is just staring at me in my cave. Guess i better dig out another way and hope its not night when i get there.

LowerLevel

Wish I had money....how long does the trial last?

I can't remember the last time that 4 amazing XBLA games have come out in a row. (Trials, Fez, Walking Dead, and now Minecraft.) Can't even remember a Summer of Arcade that did that for me.

Iz, check your inbox.

Kard8p3

Finally figured out how to make coal with the furnace to craft some torches! So I start digging out stairs in my mountain side home, I keep chipping away then all of a sudden an opening opens up into an underground cave system infested with baddies so I die and lose all my materials :( . Still was exciting and I plan to build some weapons so I can go down there and explore. This game is amazing, ive only heard the name minecraft before purchasing this on wednesday, didnt expect it to be this good.

EDIT:What brick material is used to make a bed? Is there anything that says the materials required besides the icon?

Highlight whatever you want to build, hit X twice, it'll show materials. For a bed it is 3 wool and 3 wooden planks.

MThanded

Anyone else think 1600 is too much for an arcade game? Or it is just me? When did the 800pt limit get raised?

Shits worth it man.

Luckily i had best buy credit so it was free.99 from there online store.

Edit: i got out of my situation. Trapped the creeper and killed him with my sword. Got back to my house and killed some pigs. All is well. Haven't died once on this map.

Anybody wanna play with me n my friend in my world right now?

We just created it and we could use some help starting it up. We only have a few buildings so far, but tons of resources :D

Gamertag: rangersfan414

I developed a really good way of mining for diamonds (and of course other minerals). It'll be too complicated to write out what I do specifically, but I can tell you that after about 2 hours, I gathered about 40 diamonds.

An easy way to explain it is dig long 2x2 tunnels at about 8 blocks above bedrock.

Anyway, here are some shots of my castle and current house project:

9drtc.jpg

AY2qb.jpg

EL6ka.jpg

MeEKl.jpg

Holy crap Yeti!!! That looks freakin majestic! Makes me want to quit my world and just go live in yours. Love the alternate steps you created up that hill.

bengraven

This is so incredibly accurate.

It was this series of comics and the Minecraft Inception trailer that really sold me on this game. I played the free weekend a week later and bought it the second Paypal had come back up.

I've been on record saying this is my favorite game since the SNES era and I'm not embarassed for having said that.

Anyone else think 1600 is too much for an arcade game? Or it is just me? When did the 800pt limit get raised?

Nope. If the game wasn't worth it then the game wouldn't be worth it, but I'm not prepared to say there aren't games worth 20 bucks, because clearly there are. I bought Crysis 1 on XBL for 20 as well. My daughter wife and I have already put over 20 hours collectively into Minecraft. I'm looking at 60 bucks for Max Payne and they're saying its 7 hours long at the maximum.

So I tried the demo. There's no option to enable the classic lighting anywhere - not "Smooth Lighting: ON/OFF", not "Ambient Occlusion: ON/OFF", nothing.

Which sucks, because breaking a single block in a dim cave and making out what's behind it is pretty much impossible with smooth lighting. :E

Guys, did you use any seed?
I'm using Elfen Lied and it's pretty awesome. Moreover, being so rich of mountains it kinda fixes the world size issue. It really takes time to explore.

ps.
this is what I'm talking about

Elfen-Lied_1.png

Elfen-Lied_2.png

Elfen-Lied_3.png

Anustart

I've only played the pc version, and quite extensively at that, but if theres one thing I could change about my time with mc is I wish I hadnt actually joined a server, or atleast waiting longer. Sure multiplayer is great fun, but there was something special about playing single player and being all alone. Now I've been spoiled by /home and such so the game is less frightening with the possibility of getting lost gone.

smr00

Banned
Seeing as it's cheaper then the PC version and can provide 50+ hours EASY i would say no, no it's not.

Even if you spend 20 hours on it that to me is worth $20 of my money.

EDIT-

How do you take pictures? someone told me hit start then Y but that does absolutely nothing.

RetroMG

Am I supposed to not have anything in my inventory when I load a game? Am I just supposed to always make sure my valuables are in chests when I quit playing?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just started this today. The PC version, since I don't have an Xbox, but this is the only active Minecraft thread. I'll get back to it soon but when I left off I was stuck in a very deep and dark hole that I dug for no reason, and most of my tools are busted. Is there a way to suicide or am I going to have to slowly punch my way to freedom?

MThanded

Am I supposed to not have anything in my inventory when I load a game? Am I just supposed to always make sure my valuables are in chests when I quit playing?

There is no autosave. If it saves correctly your inventory will be correct.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I love the look of the worlds with giant mountains and floating chunks. If you dig on the floating ones, is there bedrock at the bottom will you actually dig out and fall?

I have too much cobblestone. Sheeit.

That was my sign to make a giant ass cobblestone house.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
how do you guys build these big rooms without having baddies spawn there? Everytime my rooms get too big, mob starts popping up inside

how do you guys build these big rooms without having baddies spawn there? Everytime my rooms get too big, mob starts popping up inside

Torches, torches and more torches.

Ok how do you use these seed worlds that people are talking about?

When you start a world it asks for the world name and then a seed which is just a collection of letters and/or numbers which is attributed to a specific world generation. For example mine is World Name: Glenville, Seed: gargamel.

defel

Go overboard on your lighting. Another useful tip to to make the floor out of half-slabs. Mobs wont be able to spawn on there.

Just started this today. The PC version, since I don't have an Xbox, but this is the only active Minecraft thread. I'll get back to it soon but when I left off I was stuck in a very deep and dark hole that I dug for no reason, and most of my tools are busted. Is there a way to suicide or am I going to have to slowly punch my way to freedom?

Don't think there is a way to kill yourself...even letting your hunger bar empty completely will only get you down to half a heart.

Also, there is a MC PC thread in the Gaming Community section it's not incredibly active but if you post there someone will respond.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37788105#post37788105

If you quote post #3 that'll give you the address for Neocraft (Ark's) server.

Top Bottom