• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Good to see so many new people enjoying Minecraft. It is a crying shame they couldn't get mulitplayer going with PC and the Xbox it would have been great to see some of you new guys on the Neocraft server.

bengraven

duD1p.jpg

A giant tower/bridge. I'll probably end up building two huge halfs of a castle at either side of the bridge on the top of the mountains. For now though the top is primarily used for gathering wood; it's a vast plain of trees. I have a house up there too so I don't get caught in the dark.

I actually did this in my second world. :) Something at least similar.

fortressinday.jpg

Only pic I could find and it was a WIP at the time I don't think I ever finished my tower on the right. And yes, it looks different because it's a different texture pack.

My biggest regret in this game was deleting old worlds, but in my defense, at the time we could only have three or so worlds at once.

FrankT

Easy ain't easy. Just a ton of monsters constantly on my ass.

Can the difficulty be changed mid game?

Bought this for my daughter but really thinking about getting it for me tonight. Always written the game off as not my cup but tempted at this point.

Can the difficulty be changed mid game?

Bought this for my daughter but really thinking about getting it for me tonight. Always written the game off as not my cup but tempted at this point.
Yes, when you load the game you can choose peaceful that has no monsters.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there an easy way to ensure you know where your house is?
I -think- there's a compass you can craft out of redstone and stuff, but I forget whether it always points to your spawn or to your bed or what.

Also, remember that clouds should always go north and the sun should always rise in the east, for normal direction-finding aboveground.

I -think- there's a compass you can craft out of redstone and stuff, but I forget whether it always points to your spawn or to your bed or what.

Also, remember that clouds should always go north and the sun should always rise in the east, for normal direction-finding aboveground.
There is. Four iron ingots along the edges, one redstone dust in the center, together making a + sign. (Substitute gold for the iron to make clocks!)

I know it points to your bed now, but I'm not sure if this was always the case...

hRhce.jpg

My house next to a lovely waterfall. Need to start decorating it a bit with some other textures, it's a bit too wooden right now. Has double doors at the back that lead into a mountain for mining. I'm surrounded by a circle of massive mountains, so I needed an easy way to get to the top/out into the mainland so I built...

duD1p.jpg

A giant tower/bridge. I'll probably end up building two huge halfs of a castle at either side of the bridge on the top of the mountains. For now though the top is primarily used for gathering wood; it's a vast plain of trees. I have a house up there too so I don't get caught in the dark.

Using the "gargamel" seed I see! I messed around with that one also, but it ended up just feeling too cramped.

Haunted

If you've got a bed in there, a compass will point to your house at all time, no?

Other than that, you could always go with the slightly ghetto but reliable way of building a huge ass single-column beacon up to the sky limit. :p

I have no torches and zombies don't let me sleep. My mountain top castle has been invaded, destroyed so many times. =(

How do you place torches to keep the baddies out?

OK thanks guys.

Any of you get this at Best Buy for $15? I went yesterday and couldn't find any cards with Minecraft on it at all.
They snaked their way out of the deal, it's back up to $20 now. Fucking Best Buy.

I was able to get it but only after a long time on the phone with their support, in the end it wasn't really worth it even.

I have no torches and zombies don't let me sleep. My mountain top castle has been invaded, destroyed so many times. =(

How do you place torches to keep the baddies out?
Make them out of charcoal/coal and sticks, then with it in your hand press LT near a wall or the ground. Also I found that having my bed not against the way made it so they didn't attack while I slept, don't know why.

Vlad

If you've got a bed in there, a compass will point to your house at all time, no?

Nope, the compass always points to your original spawn point.

If I've set up a world and ended up wandering really far away or something, one of my projects once I get a compass made is to mark a path from my home base to my spawn. This way if I end up in some far-off corner of the world, I follow my compass to spawn, then follow my path back home.

equil

Does anyone have their "On a rail" Achievement, that can invite me to their world?

My GT: Annihilator

I've been tryin all day to get enough iron but i keep coming up short.

goldenpp72

But we could've had both very easily, and everybody would have been happy. I certainly see the positives of the new interface for those who just want to build stuff, so I wouldn't want it taken away. Just give us options! Options are always good! *shakes fist*

Any of you get this at Best Buy for $15? I went yesterday and couldn't find any cards with Minecraft on it at all.

I looked for a card too, turned out I had to talk to a rep and they printed out a receipt in the store for me, that ended up having it emailed to me, lol. Did get it for 15 at least.

GAF i want to play this game.

but i don't want to pay $27.
but i also don't want to play a gimped version.
but my girlfriend said it "looked fun, like legos" and she'd want to play together.

what am do?

GAF i want to play this game.

but i don't want to pay $27.
but i also don't want to play a gimped version.
but my girlfriend said it "looked fun, like legos" and she'd want to play together.

what am do?

The PC guys shouting out that the XBLA version is "gimped" has really done a disservice to what is there.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this game is addicting...

My mine sucks.

Happy with my decision to get the 360 version. Loving it.

Edit: WTF why is there a spider sitting on my house during the day time?

Edit: well shit... Went outside and got blown the eff up. Luckily I did not die

Edit: WTF why is there a spider sitting on my house during the day time?
Spiders are hostile at night, and climb walls to get at you. However, they're docile during the day (provided the block they're in is bright enough), and don't burn up in the sun, so they'll just kinda chill where they were when they were chasing you. Which could very well be atop your roof.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just got the free code from ... whatever that website is called, Raptr? Shit. I signed up for that thing one day and never checked back to using it. Apparently it's been keeping my stats going when I haven't asked it, and apparently I played enough Bastion (one playthrough of the game) to get a free code. I should've sold the code, but I figured what the hell and used it.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm curious: The things that people build in this game, but how long does it take? I'm in DadGAF and I don't want to spend 3 hours smashing blocks to make a house. I think I would be very interested in this game if I knew that I could feel like "I got a lot done" or accomplished in short game play time spans. But everything looks so intimidating.

I just got the free code from ... whatever that website is called, Raptr? Shit. I signed up for that thing one day and never checked back to using it. Apparently it's been keeping my stats going when I haven't asked it, and apparently I played enough Bastion (one playthrough of the game) to get a free code. I should've sold the code, but I figured what the hell and used it.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm curious: The things that people build in this game, but how long does it take? I'm in DadGAF and I don't want to spend 3 hours smashing blocks to make a house. I think I would be very interested in this game if I knew that I could feel like "I got a lot done" or accomplished in short game play time spans. But everything looks so intimidating.
Even building a simple hut is rewarding and doesn't take all that much time. Insane super structures obviously though will take hours and hours.

What I did was put everything in a chest except a couple of stacks of dirt and a stack of torches. Walk a little bit from my home base and proceeded to make a giant torch-needle that I could see from anywhere on the map. I've also made a cobblestone path high above the ground for quick travel between beds/cave systems. I plan on making that into a minecart rail system once I've gathered enough iron/redstone/etc.

How do you get off that column without dying? New to Minecraft so excuse my silly question.

Make a chest and store everything but the materials needed, then you can jump off with no worries :)

Edit: or if you've already gotten a bucket you can ride the water down like crazygzlu said

ironcreed

Banned
Well, I tried it. Then I caved and bought it because I instantly felt like I had to keep collecting, crafting and building. Just from watching a little footage of this game I thought it would never be something that I would get into, but was addicted as soon as I started collecting wood. A real breath of fresh air, to say the least.

On a side note, between this, Starhawk and Dragon's Dogma, I am absolutely done buying games for the next few months. Everything else will be put in the Gamefly queue.

Vlad

Make a chest and store everything but the materials needed, then you can jump off with no worries :)

Edit: or if you've already gotten a bucket you can ride the water down like crazygzlu said

You can also make a two-deep pool of water near the base of your tower. You can survive a fall from any height as long as the water is deep enough.

defel

How do you get off that column without dying? New to Minecraft so excuse my silly question.

The other alternative is to build a 4 block high pillar next to the tall column and place 3-4 ladders on each column facing eachother. When you get to the top of the main pillar you jump into the gap and guarantee that you hit one of the ladders.

mxgt

Banned
Would just like to add my GT (MXGT) to this thread, would be down to play with people when I'm online.

just bought it today, had a bit of time with the PC version but that was a while ago. Really enjoying it.

Top Bottom