• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, I've been so busy that I haven't put too much time into Minecraft, but when I do sit and play, I end up losing 4 hours mining away.

And yeah, I too use the gargamel seed so I will definitely check that video out - I love how every I set a goal in my world, I end up stumbling on something else to do - which is why even my house on the hill is barebones as hell, hahaha.

Gonna try and find some wolves to tame, they're about the only thing I haven't seen yet in my own world aside from jack-o-lanterns, but admittedly I know I haven't even explored more than a 1/4 of the world, just from what I can see from my house on the hill, not including mining in other areas.

Hey, quick question. I play on the PC version but I was wondering if anyone knew of the technical specs of the XBLA version. Does it run in 1080p and/or 60 fps? I would think that the Xbox 360 would be able to achieve that with ease since Minecraft is so visually simple. After all, Gears of War 3 runs at 720p and 30 fps and is comparatively much more demanding. Or, did they reduce it to allow for 4 player split screen?

Dunno about the res, but it's a locked 60fps.

Henke

Can anyone help me get the On Rails achievement? It's the only one I still need to get. My gamertag is Doogyc.

Cheers guys.

ckohler

Mate 1 has an awesome tower and goes to eat dinner while leaving the game running. Mate 2 hatches a plot to blow it up... I oblige, I make some TNT and do the duplicate glitch and got around 1,000 of them. We decided to hide it all in a chest hidden in the sand so we can strike another time. This really is one of those games where you make your own fun.
There is a duplicate glitch? I wouldn't use it but I find that surprising to learn.

Mate 1 has an awesome tower and goes to eat dinner while leaving the game running. Mate 2 hatches a plot to blow it up... I oblige, I make some TNT and do the duplicate glitch and got around 1,000 of them. We decided to hide it all in a chest hidden in the sand so we can strike another time. This really is one of those games where you make your own fun.

Can you explain how you might go about that? I'd love to play around with some TNT but gunpowder is so damn scarce

...i have so much TNT to make tonight.

wait how do you move one item from a stack at a time?

edit: nvm i'm an idiot. i forgot about "place one".

Noaloha

Cobble steps break into a block of Cobble. If thats what your asking.

No, I mean brick steps (made from bricks (made from smoothstone (made from baked cobble))) break down into bricks, but not the same bricks. They break into mossy bricks and stack separately to regular crafted brick. Was never sure when it was added / why it happened and was just curious to see if it was in the Xbox version. I have a bit of a thing for using mossy cobble and brick sparingly in my houses. Looks pretty!

FyreWulff

Damn thats a game breaking glitch. Dont expect it to last long.

As long as previous worlds work in newer versions, somebody will just have to delete the patch, do the glitch, then connect to Live to upgrade again.

This is basically going to be something you'll have to make your own decision on to execute.

Linius

I just created an Obsidian farm with some fine results. Also finally managed to get my hands on some more diamonds to create a pickaxe to actually mine the obsidian.

577041_3193980334582_1418143975_32294576_855648625_n.jpg

After that I build myself a portal to the nether which I'm going to explore later on, little break for now :)

577387_3194036255980_1418143975_32294587_929276616_n.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As long as previous worlds work in newer versions, somebody will just have to delete the patch, do the glitch, then connect to Live to upgrade again.

This is basically going to be something you'll have to make your own decision on to execute.

If it works in splitscreen then yeah, people can just delete the patch and always do it. I don't think it's a bad thing, since it's not like someone can make thousands of diamond, come into your world and bring that stuff over. It's all self contained.

ZeroCoin

There is also a dupe glitch that doesn't involve multiple players. Basically it allows you to create a block of material from the decoration list using only 3 of the material (usually this requires 9). Break the block down, repeat.

Linius

I think I'm going to use to glitch to create a little supply from some mining stuff like diamonds and iron. It helps you alot getting started.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Played this last night with 6 players and it was INCREDIBLY unstable. Constant disconnects and crashes for the entire group. I lost count after 30 disconnects. It was absolutely terrible.

Anyone else have these problems with the game?

As soon as we dropped to 5 players it was much more stable... and when we hit 4 players, more stable still.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Played this last night with 6 players and it was INCREDIBLY unstable. Constant disconnects and crashes for the entire group. I lost count after 30 disconnects. It was absolutely terrible.

Anyone else have these problems with the game?

As soon as we dropped to 5 players it was much more stable... and when we hit 4 players, more stable still.

I've had problems with just two people. Also yesterday I was saving my game and it froze. Lost of ton of work. I'm saving much more often now after that.

Fox Mulder

No, I mean brick steps (made from bricks (made from smoothstone (made from baked cobble))) break down into bricks, but not the same bricks. They break into mossy bricks and stack separately to regular crafted brick. Was never sure when it was added / why it happened and was just curious to see if it was in the Xbox version. I have a bit of a thing for using mossy cobble and brick sparingly in my houses. Looks pretty!

The moss stone bricks are in the game, but I only found them in a cave near a monster spawner and some chests.

Linius

I have a hard time finding spiders (to collect some strings for a dispenser). I found one just now and it didn't drop shit. Any tips?

My 6 year old daughter owns me in this game. I can barely make a house, and today I came home from work and she had made an island with the worlds biggest all glass Apple Store on it. At night it pretty much lights up half the level's world. It's sad when you're impressed by your 6 year old's work and she patronizes yours and tells you it was a good try.

Ramblin

Banned
My 6 year old daughter owns me in this game. I can barely make a house, and today I came home from work and she had made an island with the worlds biggest all glass Apple Store on it. At night it pretty much lights up half the level's world. It's sad when you're impressed by your 6 year old's work and she patronizes yours and tells you it was a good try.

Bad at Minecraft, good at parenting. If it were the other way around that would be sad.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just created an Obsidian farm with some fine results. Also finally managed to get my hands on some more diamonds to create a pickaxe to actually mine the obsidian.

577041_3193980334582_1418143975_32294576_855648625_n.jpg

After that I build myself a portal to the nether which I'm going to explore later on, little break for now :)

577387_3194036255980_1418143975_32294587_929276616_n.jpg

Oh I can't wait to hear the impressions from this.

Vlad

I have a hard time finding spiders (to collect some strings for a dispenser). I found one just now and it didn't drop shit. Any tips?

Just keep roaming around at night. You'll find lots of enemies to kill for items.

When you kill any creature in the game, there's no set number of items it drops. For example, a spider drops either 2, 1, or 0 string when it's killed, so it's entirely possible to kill several and have them drop nothing.

Lame dupe glitch. I'd rather work for my materials :lol

Anyway, I did some remodeling of structures in my world. These are some just before and after shots:

Castle Before:

Castle After:

Domes Before:

Domes After:

It's a little harder to tell what I changed with the domes, but the smaller domes I fixed them so that they are proper domes. Before I kinda just guessed on what they should look like, but upon further inspection, I made them a little flat before.

With the Castle, I started to hate the look of the slanty ceiling, so I made it more square. The towers on the sides were also kinda wonky imo, so I fixed them to make them more cylindrical. I'm pretty happy with the changes!

Oh, and I'm currently transforming the big dome into a sort of bio-dome. It'll have more trees and plants and stuff. It's gonna be awesome. :)

Henke

That's a fantastic looking castle! Is is safe with the double doors though? I'm sure I read something (perhaps in here) that said there was a glitch just now that allowed monsters through them.

Hmm, that's probably why I get spiders in my house occasionally. Unfortunately, I didn't make that side with an odd number of blocks, so to be symmetrical, I had to put double doors down. :(

I'm in the middle of exploring a huge-ass cave system in my world. All my previous mining adventures involved digging beyond tiny caves that had a couple iron ore blocks. Sometimes I stumbled into more ore, sometimes it was just digging away until getting bored and going back up again.

This time I prepared myself and started walking north of my place, until I found a dark, gaping cave opening at another island. Upon entering I quickly realized this thing was fucking huge. Caves upon caves and corridors upon corridors of the most awesome stuff I could ever imagine. I have found inner lakes, waterfalls, gold, diamond, lapiz lazuli, and huge amounts of lava with obsidian besides them. I've spent a couple hours or so in it and I have no fucking clue how am I going to get back up again, since many times I had to blind jump into a lake or waterfall since there was no discernible way down.

Meh. Maybe I'll just live inside here and not come out at all ever again, like a blind hermit.

Vlad

I'm in the middle of exploring a huge-ass cave system in my world. All my previous mining adventures involved digging beyond tiny caves that had a couple iron ore blocks. Sometimes I stumbled into more ore, sometimes it was just digging away until getting bored and going back up again.

This time I prepared myself and started walking north of my place, until I found a dark, gaping cave opening at another island. Upon entering I quickly realized this thing was fucking huge. Caves upon caves and corridors upon corridors of the most awesome stuff I could ever imagine. I have found inner lakes, waterfalls, gold, diamond, lapiz lazuli, and huge amounts of lava with obsidian besides them. I've spent a couple hours or so in it and I have no fucking clue how am I going to get back up again, since many times I had to blind jump into a lake or waterfall since there was no discernible way down.

Meh. Maybe I'll just live inside here and not come out at all ever again, like a blind hermit.

Worse comes to worst, you can always just dig yourself back up. Just make sure that you do it in a stairway pattern, never dig directly above yourself.

I find that's a good way to sort of "bookmark" my position in a large cave system. When my inventory fills up with goodies, instead of going all the way back to the cave entrance, I dig a 3x3 spiral staircase straight up and mark the spot I broke through the surface with a tower of cobblestone.

This way, I don't have to try and find my way back to where I left off.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Tried getting up the way I entered, and when I realized there was no other way, I started digging my way up in stairs. Eventually I reached the surface, but not before being flooded with water, I panicked since it was dark, but when I remembered to swim up I realized I was in a tiny-ass pond and not the ocean like I first thought. I erected a tower with torches at its top to mark the place, since there were other adjacent caves I didn't explore, and went back home with my sizeable loot: Over 100 iron ore blocks, about 15 or so gold ones, 12 or 15 diamonds, and something like 30 obsidian blocks.

s7lF3.jpg

I saw a squid down there.

Had some enraging moments mining yesterday. Finally finding gold, diamond, lapiz lazuli and had two buckets of lava only to open a damn lava pit and be killed. Lost my inventory to the lava as well. Regrouped and it happened again. Took a break.

Im done. I can't do it anymore guys. Game is so addictive it's scary. I spent 2 days simply building the base to my sky castle and FINALLY getting grass to grow up there.

I may come back to this game in two or three weeks. Games a huge time sink. Its like animal crossing on acid.

Im done. I can't do it anymore guys. Game is so addictive it's scary. I spent 2 days simply building the base to my sky castle and FINALLY getting grass to grow up there.

I may come back to this game in two or three weeks. Games a huge time sink. Its like animal crossing on acid.

Imagine if Animal Crossing had this much to do and was this fun? Crack.

Lol this is exactly what I was thinking. This game is so much like Animal Crossing. Imagine if you combined the two!!!!

Anyway, I added the Minecraft gaf GT, a little while ago. My GT is Kingofthedead45. Just a heads up is all

C4Lukins

Current leaderboards.

Peaceful- 1,065,172
Easy- 1,323,012
Medium- 732,153
Hard- 248,298

Grand Total- 3,368,635

Yes I know these numbers are meaningless as far as sales, but the numbers are so big it is fun to keep up with them.

clockpunk

I downloaded a Minecraft Character creator for my iPad, and now *really* hope we get such a tool for the game (as opposed to just skin packs). Could see myself spending hours just doing that!

OG Kush

Yeh I would think they could max out perfermance for this game but it doesnt seem that way. Maybe theres a lot going in the world? I dont know.

bengraven

Not even funny. I was thinking what would happen if this game had Animal Crossing features (like fossils - this game is MADE for fossils) and maybe like a collectible card game.

Sun? What the fuck is the sun? That thing that burns me when I accidently leave my shades open one morning? Hissss, we hates it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had some enraging moments mining yesterday. Finally finding gold, diamond, lapiz lazuli and had two buckets of lava only to open a damn lava pit and be killed. Lost my inventory to the lava as well. Regrouped and it happened again. Took a break.

Always carry cobblestone in an accesible inventory slot. If the lava is chasing you then you can put a wall very quickly.

Gaspode_T

Would anyone be interested to see insanely OCD videos from Japanese Minecraft players? You would have to register for a niconico douga account but they are very entertaining...some 360 based ones are popping up

Hambone

Always carry cobblestone in an accesible inventory slot. If the lava is chasing you then you can put a wall very quickly.

I do this, and I still died from surprise lava last night. granted, I only had two hearts for health. I panicked as the lava encroached on me while I was mining in a narrow trench. I had gold, iron, diamond tools, armor on my person. As soon as I died I hit the guide button, on the controller, and hit Y to exit to the dashboard. Reloaded my game, and not a single fuck was given.

Yeah, it's a bitch move, but I had way too much cool shit on me to lose it like that.

Top Bottom