• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Good fixes. I've encountered several of those myself and I just bought the game last weekend. What's up with clay generation? Not enough? I just encountered it for the first time last night after 5-6 days of playing.

So, I guess this eats into the number of title updates 4J gets? Or didn't MS grant them more than usual or something?

Marvie_3

Banned
Good fixes. I've encountered several of those myself and I just bought the game last weekend. What's up with clay generation? Not enough? I just encountered it for the first time last night after 5-6 days of playing.

So, I guess this eats into the number of title updates 4J gets? Or didn't MS grant them more than usual or something?

I've yet to see clay in my game and I've been playing a ton.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Very nice list of fixes there - I'm gonna guess that it's coming next week because that's in line with their estimate from their stream interview weeks ago.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
* Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
* Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.

* Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
* Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
* Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
* Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
* Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
* Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
* Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
Nice!

So when are they going to add hunger, enchants, dungeons and such?
Probably next update.

DarkStar

No, I had one near my first house, then I didnt go back for like 30 ingame days because I made a new house, and when I went back to the 1st house they were still there.

Taffer

I came back to my wheat farm to find a pig standing there in between two blocks of wheat, all the other wheat having disappeared. I built a fence to keep neutral mobs out, then realised they'd just spawn inside the fence anyway and presumably trash my crops again.
So my next idea was an underground farm but then I decided to just eat pigs.

Marvie_3

Banned
I came back to my wheat farm to find a pig standing there in between two blocks of wheat, all the other wheat having disappeared. I built a fence to keep neutral mobs out, then realised they'd just spawn inside the fence anyway and presumably trash my crops again.

I built a 2-block high fence around mine. Animals kept spawning inside the fence for awhile bit they finally stopped.

Vlad

Is there any grass inside the fenced area? Animals spawn on grass blocks.

Henke

I found this rather funny for some reason.

Taffer

Is there any grass inside the fenced area? Animals spawn on grass blocks.

I was assuming they could just spawn anywhere in daylight, I do have plenty of sand & stone I could use to line my farm area but I think I'll stick to the carnivore diet considering how plentiful pigs are. I'll probably set up a decent farm when the Adventure Update food & farming (and herding!) hit.

Vlad

I was assuming they could just spawn anywhere in daylight, I do have plenty of sand & stone I could use to line my farm area but I think I'll stick to the carnivore diet considering how plentiful pigs are. I'll probably set up a decent farm when the Adventure Update food & farming (and herding!) hit.

If they spawned anywhere in daylight, you'd have them appearing on the roofs of buildings and such. They have a chance of spawning on grass blocks that are sufficiently lit, so you could theoretically get them appearing on grass down at the bottom of the world if you've got it lit up enough.

And yeah, get used to farming. Not only is food a lot more important later on, but the way animals spawn changes a little bit. Currently in the PC version, animals don't despawn, and new ones are super-rare to spawn. This means that unless you've got a farm going, you run a good chance of depopulating wherever you're at.

On the other hand, though, the limited world size in the 360 version might mean that they won't implement that particular change, since you wouldn't be able to travel further out to find more animals.

Hilti92

How does the Microsoft store work for purchasing XBLA games? I want to get Minecraft for the 360 but I don't want to spend $30 on a points card just to get it. Especially since I have it on the PC already.

How does the Microsoft store work for purchasing XBLA games? I want to get Minecraft for the 360 but I don't want to spend $30 on a points card just to get it. Especially since I have it on the PC already.
they stopped doing that awhile ago. points are purchased in the same amounts as games are priced. so you can buy 1600 points for $19.99 and be done.

Taffer

If they spawned anywhere in daylight, you'd have them appearing on the roofs of buildings and such. They have a chance of spawning on grass blocks that are sufficiently lit, so you could theoretically get them appearing on grass down at the bottom of the world if you've got it lit up enough.

I think it was the treetop cows that made me think daylight alone was enough. Until the regenerating health from food is added I'm happy mostly ignoring animals.

On the other hand, though, the limited world size in the 360 version might mean that they won't implement that particular change, since you wouldn't be able to travel further out to find more animals.

I was thinking this the other day, maybe it'll spawn some secretly if you wipe out a species which made me wonder if the 360 version will always generate some sugar cane in a world or if it's possible to make a world without it (as you can't just keep trucking until you find some as on PC). There's none in the tutorial world but that's not a great example.

Vlad

You can grow sugar cane?

Just take an existing sugar cane and plunk it onto a sand or dirt block that's adjacent to a water block. It'll eventually grow to 3 tall. You can hit the middle or top sections and harvest only those, and the sugar will eventually regrow to 3 tall.

got a question concerning the bioms. is it possible that there is no jungle in a new world you create? I'm playing for 30 hours on 1 map, and I've never found any high trees or something resembling.
Or was the jungle cut for the 360 version?

tw1164

4J Studios ‏@4JStudios
Bug Fix update is through Cert testing, and will be released tomorrow
1:01 PM - 14 Jun 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details

Can't wait, Minecraft is my new addiction.

Seanspeed

Banned
God damn water makes no damn sense. I'm trying to build a mob grinder, but the water just wont quite do what I need it to.

EDIT: Ok, urgh. Got the water to do what I wanted but have now figured out that the mob trap I have doesn't work since some update. Yay! All that time wasted. AND it means I'll probably have to build something more complex and time-consuming instead. Sucks because the one I had fit perfectly in my mineshaft plans.

Anybody have any good mob traps for use with an enemy spawner that aren't too complicated or time-consuming?

Does this bugfix update count against the free updates (MC got a few updates that will be free for the dev team)?
Anyone know?

Considering the sales of the game have exceeded everyone's expectations, I think they'll end up getting as many updates as they want within reason.

ckohler

They said on twitter that the clay update will only be in worlds created after the update because they can't touch worlds that are already created. So if you want clay you will have to start fresh.

I wonder if they meant to say "only be in chunks created after the update" rather than "worlds" because that's how it has typically worked in Minecraft on the computer. The Xbox version could be different, I suppose.

JambiBum

We created a couple of new worlds last night to try and find some clay. Found a large amount in one of them and haven't found any in the other. Although we did find an incredible mine in that one. Over 200 iron, 50 diamonds, and 60 gold. It was right by our house too. Best mine I've ever found.

Top Bottom