• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae |OT| It's not nice to stare.

pants

Cool, always liked doujins more than indies. I hope this is the start of a larger trend of these games becoming available to us

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just wanted to give everyone a stat update on Mitsurugi's journey through Greenlight.

We're sitting at 87% of the way to the Top 100 after just 5 days on Greenlight, AND we're tracking better than the current #1 game on Greenlight.

Can't wait to get it greenlit!

So we are now ranked #64 out of 1,484 games on Greenlight!

Thank you for all of your support! At this point we should definitely be included in one of the next batches of Greenlit games! I was expecting a good response for this game but the fan reaction has blown me away.
If only we could have seen this amount of support for La-Mulana and our other project currently on Greenlight, EF-12!

Moral of the story: Don't underestimate the power of school girls!

Faustek

So we are now ranked #64 out of 1,484 games on Greenlight!

Thank you for all of your support! At this point we should definitely be included in one of the next batches of Greenlit games! I was expecting a good response for this game but the fan reaction has blown me away.
If only we could have seen this amount of support for La-Mulana and our other project currently on Greenlight, EF-12!

Moral of the story: Don't underestimate the power of school girls!

Perhaps, but it's a honest game, no fuss, no painful story that you must sludge through and the little there is(cutscenes) you can skip if you are of that persuasion but honest, you just jump in and start cutting up everything.

Might just be me but it's been a while since I've been so refreshed. Love me some Katana action.

PS. That counter attack is sick as hell!

sweet, will get it on steam :3

have too many places where i have credit card info around so am a bit iffy on where to stick that around these days >.>"

Perhaps, but it's a honest game, no fuss, no painful story that you must sludge through and the little there is(cutscenes) you can skip if you are of that persuasion but honest, you just jump in and start cutting up everything.

Might just be me but it's been a while since I've been so refreshed. Love me some Katana action.

PS. That counter attack is sick as hell!

Oh yeah I am not trying to take away from the game at all.
It is one of my favorite games we have worked on even if the scope is limited.
Considering it is a 3 man team I am actually incredibly happy that they kept the scope of the game limited as I think it would have been a much worse product if they succumbed to feature creep.

I just find it a little bit depressing that a large majority of the comments are "how do I remove their clothes?", "YAY PANTSU!", and "i like japanese girls with big breasts and katanas"

However, we completely expected this to happen and will take anything we can get if it means more fans of the developer. It is just weird because there is nothing overtly sexual about the game at all.

Oh and it is currently #48 on Greenlight! I am so happy for the developer right now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey all, quick update: We're #32 on Greenlight. We haven't even hit the 10 day mark. It's really nuts how many YES votes we've gotten. @_@

Dambrosi

Banned
I'd say that's all wrapped up then. You already have my axe, next you'll have my money!

Oh, and i threw EF-12 a Yes vote as well. Copyright Infringement: The Game Maker. Interesting concept. :p

TnK

Does the combat get any deeper? How about the gameplay? Game is good, but it lacks some oomph in the combat.

Animations though, man the Japanese really nail down animations well. The movements are really smooth, from enemies to the heroine.

EDIT: I take back the first questions, seems like the combat is quite deep, but it needs to be played in the full retail game to be unlocked. Though basically, the game is one arena with enemies and bosses, yes? Kind of like Bloody Palace in DMC?

Lain

I just saw that the game is now in the newest indie royale bundle, the debut 7 bundle.
I grabbed the bundle just for this one game.

Lain

Hm, will that eventually come with a Steam key?

Like Pikawil said, they usually provide steam keys for games once they get on steam (latest one I got from them was the 99 Spirits key after it got on Steam), though I think it's usually up to the devs/pubs if they want to provide them with steam keys to give out.
Anyways I bought the bundle under that assumption, hopefully I didn't goof up =p

Kumubou

Like Pikawil said, they usually provide steam keys for games once they get on steam (latest one I got from them was the 99 Spirits key after it got on Steam), though I think it's usually up to the devs/pubs if they want to provide them with steam keys to give out.
Anyways I bought the bundle under that assumption, hopefully I didn't goof up =p
I remember this coming up when Bunny Must Die was released on Steam and they didn't give out Steam keys initially. From what I remember, games sold with that bundle should be giving Steam keys if/when they end up on Steam, but Desura/Linden Labs has no way to enforce that. Turned out to be a moot point, since Rockin' Android ended up reversing their decision in about 24 hours anyway. With that, I can't think of a single developer that didn't end up giving keys out. A couple of others said they wouldn't give keys out initially -- I know it was an issue with Croixieur and Nyu Media initially -- but they changed their mind too once people started complaining.

In short: I would expect a Steam key but it's technically not guaranteed, but I've never had a (long-term) problem with it. The worst case is that you spent $2.99 and you end up having to use Desura to play it.

Gbraga

Played it for about 30 minutes yesterday, it starts very basic but once you start unlocking moves and get the hang of it it gets pretty fun. I'm not a big fan of the > + button vs neutral stick button layout and would much rather have lock-on as the modifier, but you get used to it quickly. And the game looks surprisingly good, and the voice acting was also a good surprise.

The DoF and HDR settings are absurdly demanding, with both on I go down to ~30fps on a GTX 680 at only 1080p, but turning them both off get me solid 60fps and really makes no difference visually (the difference is there, but you won't miss it).

Looking forward to messing around with the combat a bit more tonight.

thetrin

hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that we're #7 on Greenlight. Insane! We're so happy. We can't wait for the game to hit Steam so everyone can play it. :D

klee123

Has anyone tried to play this using the DS4? I've tried to configure the buttons, but the config settings are screwed up.

thetrin

Has anyone tried to play this using the DS4? I've tried to configure the buttons, but the config settings are screwed up.

Someone on Twitter told us that they were able to get the DS4 working with the game. They unfortunately didn't give details as to how they did it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is 100% relevant to my interests

Voted up on greenlight

thetrin

Amazing update incoming: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae has been greenlit! Wooo!

EF-12 was also greenlit at the same time. I'm on Cloud 9 today. :)

got around to playing this. how does one do Flourish? ingame is confusing. it says use holy attack right before getting hit, but the pdf says after just guard?

thetrin

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that those who purchased the game on Playism should now have a Steam key waiting for them on their Playism account page. :)

Enjoy!

Is anyone else having trouble with the DS4 on the menus? Everything works fine except the X button for some reason. I have to select everything by clicking in the right analog stick instead. It's not much of a problem really, it just seems weird since the X button works fine during gameplay. Anyway, I'm only on the second boss but so far the game has been pretty fun. It's been an $8 well spent.

Lain

Played about an hour and it was fun. I was getting killed (especially against the first boss, where I learned that picking PS3 Sixaxis for control was the wrong choice, since the buttons were wrongly mapped for me) until I learned to dodge, block and that you can suck the energy out of the enemies once they turn red.

ViviOggi

Guys how do I do the Iai Strike and Sweep moves? I can't figure out what this
rA1ONsN.jpg
symbol means for the life of me. Playing with a 360 pad.

Top Bottom