• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

LJ11

We need to come up with a solution for disconnects. First game between Denog and I disconnected in the 6th, I was up a couple of runs. The game gave me the W, still plenty of game left and anything could've happened.

This the first time I'm using a standard in-game league, my experience in the past was limited to websites like LeagueDaddy. How do other games, with built-in leagues, handle disconnects and the like?

Denog and I came to a fair agreement, but we should set up some kind of rule going forward.

Dez

I'm guessing there's no admin options to reset games? In the mlb 2k7, you could fairly easy reset games as though they never happened.. the league in Show is so barebones, no individual player stat tracking, etc.

LJ11

Dez said:
I'm guessing there's no admin options to reset games? In the mlb 2k7, you could fairly easy reset games as though they never happened.. the league in Show is so barebones, no individual player stat tracking, etc.

Yeah, you can't reset.

DenogginizerOS said:
I left a message on his cell phone to get in touch with you. He is usually free from about 6PM til about 10PM EST.

EDIT: He is on now (7:50PM EST) and will be on for the next 30 minutes. His laptop died and he is currently without a PC. If not tonight, he can play tomorrow night form 7PM EST on til at least 10PM EST. Send me an IM if you need to contact him and I can call him on my cell.

I typically dont get home until 7:00 PST. Is his PC situation changing over the next couple of days or does all correspondance to him will have to go through you?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Shawnwhann said:
I typically dont get home until 7:00 PST. Is his PC situation changing over the next couple of days or does all correspondance to him will have to go through you?
It is up to Best Buy or Dell I believe. Until then, I will be the go-between. I will tell him about your availability. How about weekends? What is a good time for you then?

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 said:
We need to come up with a solution for disconnects. First game between Denog and I disconnected in the 6th, I was up a couple of runs. The game gave me the W, still plenty of game left and anything could've happened.

This the first time I'm using a standard in-game league, my experience in the past was limited to websites like LeagueDaddy. How do other games, with built-in leagues, handle disconnects and the like?

Denog and I came to a fair agreement, but we should set up some kind of rule going forward.
We were lucky that the disconnect happened in the first game of our series. If it was the 3rd game, then we would have a hard time coming up with a solution.

Hopefully it won't be an issue, but LJ and I agreed that the next game between us be essentially a forfeit. He gave up a few runs and then quit so our series is tied at 1-1. However, this solution would not work if we were in the final game of the series. Lets hope this is an isolated event.

DenogginizerOS said:
It is up to Best Buy or Dell I believe. Until then, I will be the go-between. I will tell him about your availability. How about weekends? What is a good time for you then?

I'm typically pretty open on the weekends, but I would like to try and start early on Saturday so we can knock out all our games consecutively. I'm in the PST zone here, so how about a 10am start time on Saturday?

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
I'm typically pretty open on the weekends, but I would like to try and start early on Saturday so we can knock out all our games consecutively. I'm in the PST zone here, so how about a 10am start time on Saturday?
10AM EST. I will let him know, in addition to the later evenings during the week.

kbear

Mrbob said:
Kbear I'm home for the next couple hours.

You have aim?
You still online? I don't use IM programs

edit, i mean i have aim installed but i dont use it.. i can get on if u want to discuss a time to meet up, dzilla82

Mrbob

Unfortunately no.

I am heading out tonight.

I'll be home tommorrow night though after 9PM central.

Hopefully we can bang them out tommorrow night since I will be gone again Sat Night and sunday until the later evening.

kbear

9 central is fine tomorrow night as that's only 7 est here.. let knock em both out tomorrow

edit, wait.. no that's 11 pm here. i'll try i dunno

kbear

Mrbob said:
Do you live on the west coast? That would be 7 for you then. 10 if you live on the east coast.
east coast..i just won't be home at 10 est on a friday night. can you play in the morning, like a saturday or sunday morning? what's the deadline, btw?

kbear

what the fuck
i've got to go, i'll talk to you later.. we're gonna get these games in no matter what

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
If you want to play tonight, he will be in the lobby at 10PM EST. Do you want to try that tonight?

DenogginizerOS said:
If you want to play tonight, he will be in the lobby at 10PM EST. Do you want to try that tonight?

It's really hard to project where I'll be at any given moment during the week as work really fluctuates. Home at 7PM PST is a best case scenario. Let's just shoot for Saturday so we can consecutively knock out the games and we can spare you the middle man role.

BTW I was proposing a 10am PST start time on Saturday. 7am on a Saturday is 100% not probable. Thanks!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This lag with DM is beyond awful >_<

Dm are you using wireless or a router? ughhh

Not sure if Dm got booted or pulled his plug,it gave me a 2-0 win.

*sigh* We couldnt even complete two innings.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
This lag with DM is beyond awful >_<

Dm are you using wireless or a router? ughhh

I was using wifi :lol I can use ethernet though if MLB hates wifi.

Is there anyway to reset that game?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No way to reset the game.

I'm not sure if it hates wifi,I was thinking it might be making it worse.

Matrix

Lets try a 2nd game,if its just as bad with your cable plugged straight in I'll quit out and take a loss and we can be tied 1-1 in the series :lol

This isnt a good sign for things to come league wise.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
No way to reset the game.

:|

If you couldn't tell, yes that was my first online game (I tried playing FMT, and that was laggy as hell so we stopped in the 1st inning) So I had no idea how to play with lag.

My 2nd pitch turned your leadoff man into a vegetable :lol

Ok Ill try wired.

Matrix

Man maybe it's your busted connection if you had a laggy game with FMT :p

This bites,well ill be in the league lobby,Plug in your cable and turn your wifi off.

LJ11

Even though I was wired up last night, Denog and I experienced some lag when I was using my wifi router. Hooked up my wired router today, and the game was as smooth as butter. Maybe it was coincidence, or maybe it wasn't, but after removing my wifi router we got a great game in today.

Prior to hooking up my wifi router, I was wired only and had a handful of issues spring up on my ~30 online games.

Wired is the way to go just to be on the safe side.

Matrix

Dm and I just completed a game.It was laggy the whole way,but atleast we got thru it :lol

I could have cost myself the game,f-ing beaned two guys in a row cause of the lag.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm and I just completed a game.It was laggy the whole way,but atleast we got thru it :lol

I could have cost myself the game,f-ing beaned two guys a in row cause of the lag.

NOW look who's Wild Thing :p

I like low scoring Madden games, but I hate them in MLB! Too bad I'll have to get used to it since I'm such a bum on offense.

Oh well, King Felix leading my team in hits! :lol

Matrix

In my defense,I only beaned you with my awful bullpen pitchers :( And not having even one lefty in the pen is HORSE SHIT.

Magic Wandy was rolling..10 k's for the south paw who sucks.

Wandy was 2 for 2 and had a rbi single :lol

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
It's really hard to project where I'll be at any given moment during the week as work really fluctuates. Home at 7PM PST is a best case scenario. Let's just shoot for Saturday so we can consecutively knock out the games and we can spare you the middle man role.

BTW I was proposing a 10am PST start time on Saturday. 7am on a Saturday is 100% not probable. Thanks!
I will pass the message along.

BTW, you guys just missed each other last night. I saw him log on around 10:05 and then log off around 10:30. Not but a minute or two later, I saw you log on. Oh well. Are you up for games tonight if he is?

GCQuinton

Ramirez said:
Quinton, I'll available Friday around 9:30 EST, we need to get both games in if possible. =\

I won't have time for two games but I can get one in tonight. You free on Saturday?

DenogginizerOS said:
I will pass the message along.

BTW, you guys just missed each other last night. I saw him log on around 10:05 and then log off around 10:30. Not but a minute or two later, I saw you log on. Oh well. Are you up for games tonight if he is?

Maybe; it really depends on work and whether I'm going out this evening.

I dont mean to be so non-commital or difficult, but my typical process for playing games is to send an IM when I'm home and have the time. I'm always on AIM, so I'm very easy to reach for inquiring about availability throughout the day.

DenogginizerOS

Shawnwhann said:
Maybe; it really depends on work and whether I'm going out this evening.

I dont mean to be so non-commital or difficult, but my typical process for playing games is to send an IM when I'm home and have the time. I'm always on AIM, so I'm very easy to reach for inquiring about availability throughout the day.
No worries, Shawn. Scar is typically very reliable. His PC dying has messed things up for him and once he gets it back, things should run smoothly.

Mrbob

I'm home now send me a message here when you can play. Earlier the better. I have a big day tommorrow 11 Central might be too late for me. :(

LJ -

just looking ahead to our series (which opens sunday?) i'm not sure what ill be doing sunday. i could probably play late sunday night (7pm pst or later)

otherwise monday should work for me. i could get all 3 games done monday night if you can. let me know what works for you!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
LJ -

just looking ahead to our series (which opens sunday?) i'm not sure what ill be doing sunday. i could probably play late sunday night (7pm pst or later)

otherwise monday should work for me. i could get all 3 games done monday night if you can. let me know what works for you!

I'm good either day right now, if something changes I'll let you know.

Matrix

DM you around later?

I need my laggy series sweep.

DenogginizerOS said:
No worries, Shawn. Scar is typically very reliable. His PC dying has messed things up for him and once he gets it back, things should run smoothly.

I'm home and available to play for an hour. Hit me on AIM if your buddy can play.

Mrbob

Well I'm heading to sleep now Kbear. Can't stay up any longer.

Don't know if we'll be able to get these games in before the deadline. Hopefully we can still play them after.

Ramirez

I'll be free Sat. at the same time as tonights game Quinton, so lets get it done if possible, think the deadline is looming.

Top Bottom