• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok im coming.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Dez,started off as a lag fest and good god the game kept f-ing us both with errors >_<

Dez

Matrix said:
GG Dez,started off as a lag fest and good god the game kept f-ing is both with errors >_<

yeah the first 3 innings were unplayable.. and ya, lol at the errors.. though i guess that's what I get when I put the big hurt at 1B. but damn, i couldn't hit at all all game, no idea how Shannon Stewart hit 2 HRs :lol GG.

and man, SCEA is crazy with the updated rosters.. I've already lost Scott Rolen from my team just cuz he's on the DL for the first month... :(

LJ11

I had a feeling Kbear would flake out.

BigE may be interested, just throwing out a person I think we can trust.

Edit: Hukasmokincaterpillar may be interested as well.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LJ11 said:
I had a feeling Kbear would flake out.

BigE may be interested, just throwing out a person I think we can trust.

Edit: Hukasmokincaterpillar may be interested as well.

Ok. I will look into how to replace people in the league. Can you see how interested they are (i.e. will they be as good about playing their games as you are)?

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. I will look into how to replace people in the league. Can you see how interested they are (i.e. will they be as good about playing their games as you are)?

Will do.

Big-E

Ok I just got LJ's pm about you guys needing a replacement. I will be down to fill in a role but I will not be able to play tonight. I have a monster paper due tomorrow but after that I should have no problem meeting game commitments.

LJ11

Hukasmokincaterpillar can't commit to the league, too many games which is understandable. I guess we need to look elsewhere for another replacement.

Matrix

It's starting to feel like this league is going to bomb.

It simply needs to be made up of the people who have actually completed games/series already....even if that ends up being like only 6 people :p

All past Show leagues have failed because of lag/or too many people were in the league.

Also wtf is Zep leaving?

Matrix

Dm didnt finish his series with me! :( and quit the first game cause of lag.

Dez,im around to play our games.

DenogginizerOS

I dropped kbear and zep from the league. Unfortunately, both of them were in the National league and anyone scheduled to play them got automatic wins. We can still play the rest of the season and the National League teams will be competing for 4 playoff spots. So, we can either start over with 7 teams in each league or proceed as is. What do you guys want to do?

Matrix

I vote for start over,but if someone else flakes ....

then we would have to destroy that person.

what the fuck so we can't replace people?

way to fuck up the league guys. i'll go with whatever everyone else wants, but that is ridiculous (that people flaked already and that you can't replace)

Ramirez

I'm cool with a redo I guess, but this flaking out shit should be taken into consideration when some of these same people show up around Madden time.

DenogginizerOS

Unfortuantely, if we restart, someone else will have to be the commisioner because now I am married to this league.

Mrbob

I agree with Ramirez.

Me or someone else can start a new league, but there needs to be penalties for flakers. As in you are banned from all future 08 GAF leagues if you flake on this mlb league. Unless, of course, you have some sort of reasonable excuse. If you join and quit don't bother to show up for any future GAF leagues at all.

Mrbob

This is the closest we have ever had to getting a MLB The Show league off the ground and running.

If we do have 14 players who legititmately will play I say we don't give up now. Let us start a roll call now for people who will play. Personally I don't mind the delay in a league officially starting because that means I can use Fukudome now. :p I'll start.

MrBob

LJ11

I'm down. Maybe we should reduce the number of games since it's taken longer than expected to get this thing rolling.

Matrix

I'm in it till the end.

fellas you know im down either way. this is the best baseball game ever and i was having a blast against my first 2 opponents. lets just get it going either way with people who will actually play.

DenogginizerOS

LJ11 | LJ11
Konex | cloudystrife
Ramirez | TJRamirez
DenogginizerOS | Denogginizer
Dez | dezed
Miguel | mmolinajr
Matrix | matrixadw
Mr.Bob | MrBob2k7
GCQuinton | Wsv771
FMT | FrenchMov
Core407 | Runner45
DMczaf | dmczaf
Shawn | ProfessaSkillz
Scar | TheInfectedScar

Of these 14 people, are any of you flaking out?

Mrbob

Ok guys I am in the process of creating a new 14 team league right now.

Invites will be going up later tonight, make sure you let me know here! Those who played in the first two attempts and were legit get first dibs. If there are some extra spots I'll put you on the reserve list.

If you join, PLEASE don't flake!

Mrbob

One note of change, the amount of playoff teams are going down now.

With 14 players I can only select 4 playoff spots instead of 8.

Matrix

Not flaking here unless I die and hopefully I dont die *knocks on wood*

Mrbob

anyone who didnt get an invite let me know

i have to head out soon and ill get it out to you when i get back

make sure to give me your psn name in the post

BTW, aim will be mandatory for this league except for TheInfectedScar who is getting his pc back from repairs so you have to go through this thread or PSN to play him at the moment. Using Aim to set up games is much easier than trying to message back and forth.

LJ11

BigE needs to be on the short list for any future leagues. He was willing to fill in for us, and is very reliable. Just throwing it out there.

Dez

Mrbob said:
anyone who didnt get an invite let me know

i have to head out soon and ill get it out to you when i get back

make sure to give me your psn name in the post

BTW, aim will be mandatory for this league except for TheInfectedScar who is getting his pc back from repairs so you have to go through this thread or PSN to play him at the moment. Using Aim to set up games is much easier than trying to message back and forth.

hey Mrbob. I didn't get an invite. PSN: dezed

Mrbob

Ok I got an invite out to you.

Hopefully we can get this rolling by the weekend. Only one person has signed up so far, lets go lazy asses! ;)

Matrix

Did you send me a invite Boobs?

Last time I was on "around 11 ish" I didnt have one.

Mrbob

Ok invites to matrix and scar were sent out again this morning.

If anyone else has a problem let me know. Sportsconnect was giving me weird messages last night when I was sending out invites.

Top Bottom