• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14 The Show - FACT SHEET Released (PS4/PS3/Vita details)

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...3-ps4-online-franchise-confirmed-ps3-ps4.html

Over 40 additions, improvements, and innovations abound this season, including: Quick Counts offer full season enthusiasts a chance to cut the duration of a complete game in half with statistically generated pitch counts; Year-to-Year Saves complement the existing Cross Save feature, ensuring the time invested in 2014 can be carried into next year’s game; Online Franchise, coupled with vastly improved netcode, makes it possible to share the thrills and surprises of The Show’s acclaimed Franchise mode with other fans; and Universal Profile, which builds a virtual manager based on the user’s tendencies and tactics, allowing for more meaningful online competition when one player can’t participate in real-time and needs a simulated version of themselves to fill in.

Eh, just a press release. They say that every year and every year the net code makes the game unplayable online. As per usual, I'll wait until user reviews and then decide whether or not to buy it based on that. All the other features sound great, but a lag infested online mode makes it all worthless to me.

graywolf323

rather disappointed the franchise mode improvements won't be in the Vita version but this does make me even more excited for the PS4 version

have they said if there will be any sort of upgrade option from PS3 to PS4 if one would rather not wait until May?

Does this mean the CPU will actually take a swing at pitches outside the strike zone every once and a while?

Because right now they almost never do it, which really doesn't represent real baseball or real pitcher vs batter dynamics.

I've always hated this flaw in an otherwise good series.

Honestly I heard this complaint many times but I can't quite understand it. I pitch on legend difficulty and I rank around the top 10 in the league for strikeouts. The CPU chases quite a bit especially fastballs above the letters and slider/change low and away. My only complaint would be that the CPU is rarely susceptible to curveballs in the dirt unless you time them perfectly.

I hope they don't make K's too easy or at least limit it to lower difficulties

edit: when the OT for MLB the show rolls around I'd gladly write a pitching strategy guide. The AI is pretty good, they don't fall for it, if you use the same patterns over and over again.

I sure hope my biggest issue has been improved. I love the mechanics of pure analog pitching but it's borderline impossible to be wild outside the zone. If you miss your location, you'll serve up meatballs instead of missing outside of the zone. Oh and I hope they reduced the amount of comebackers taht deflect off the pitcher.

rareside

Any word on whether Sounds of the Show is returning, specifically on PS4?

Would love to know if you're going to be able to create an authentic audio experience in-game. This is a huge feature for me personally, as I like having authentic stadium music and customizable walk-up music.

NHale

They say they are reworking on it in the OP. The team isn't the problem.

The problem is that without a complete different team of announcers, we are still going to have the same dialogue lines from previous games. They can add some and tweak it a little bit but they aren't going to delete their previous work.

A-V-B

Any word on whether Sounds of the Show is returning, specifically on PS4?

Would love to know if you're going to be able to create an authentic audio experience in-game. This is a huge feature for me personally, as I like having authentic stadium music and customizable walk-up music.

Not 14. Out of the devs hands at the moment

Top Bottom