• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Watching the NLCS game replay on MLBN to compare to the FS1 broadcast. On FS1 they were talking about lineup construction/batting order given how most of the left handed bats on STL don't do well against LHPs, balancing that with when relievers come in, etc. On the main broadcast, Harold Reynolds just said screw matchups, put your best players out there because the left handed batters have been hitting against lefties their whole lives.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
They've spent 15 minutes talking about Hunter Pence. Great pregame, FS1.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
That has definitely crossed my mind

Doubt it's the main reason but I think being white leads to a perception of Grichuk playing the game The Right Way and that sort of thing while Taveras has some "growing up" to do or whatever the narrative is

Also, Taveras took Allen Craig's jerb.

aFIGurANT

Why are we leaving this to grichuk and Lynn? Am I missing something?

However I will laugh if Peavy walks this run in....

One run may not be enough.

aFIGurANT

Molina really better be OK. The guys in the booth saying that's why he was bunting? I don't buy that, he was actually looking decent at the plate until just now. Either way this hurts a lot, especially if we lose this tonight. The bottom of the fourth will haunt me forever if this is it for him this year.

Molina really better be OK. The guys in the booth saying that's why he was bunting? I don't buy that, he was actually looking decent at the plate until just now. Either way this hurts a lot, especially if we lose this tonight. The bottom of the fourth will haunt me forever if this is it for him this year.

That wasn't why he bunted because he hit a single earlier in the game (and is now the Cardinals leader in postseason hits)

Seems he took a foul ball off his foot or something

see5harp

That wasn't why he bunted because he hit a single earlier in the game (and is now the Cardinals leader in postseason hits)

Seems he took a foul ball off his foot or something

That foul ball off his foot was like the first inning. He looked fine up until that at bat. I'm thinking he just pulled a muscle in his back on that foul to right field.

Fox318

Watched the game in these candlestick seats.

E3yacoZl.jpg

nice

Top Bottom