• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Not a bad day to be a former Ranger roider though.

Chris+Davis+Baltimore+Orioles+v+Toronto+Blue+fHTOXitr8Kel.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If Scoscia is going to his bullpen this fucking early this game is going to take an eternity.

That's okay though.

Opiate

That's why they pay C.J. Wilson the big bucks.

In seriousness, I have a grudge against Mike Trout that I freely admit is irrational. The grudge is this: the Angels have a wide variety of really, really awful big name contracts (Hamilton is awful, Wilson has been mediocre, Pujols has been fine thus far but has so many bloated years left) that I feel the Angels "deserve" to lose, but Trout covers all that up. He's so good that it masks their other poor decisions.The Angels are not the worst front office baseball, but even the truly worst could make a huge number of mistakes if they had gotten lucky enough to draft Trout.

That's why they pay C.J. Wilson the big bucks.

In seriousness, I have a grudge against Mike Trout that I freely admit is irrational. The grudge is this: the Angels have a wide variety of really, really awful big name contracts (Hamilton is awful, Wilson has been mediocre, Pujols has been fine thus far but has so many bloated years left) that I feel the Angels "deserve" to lose, but Trout covers all that up. He's so good that it masks their other poor decisions.The Angels are not the worst front office baseball, but even the truly worst could make a huge number of mistakes if they had gotten lucky enough to draft Trout.
The Angels didn't win the most games in the AL because of Trout alone. Trout didn't even have a crazy 10 WAR season this year. Improvements elsewhere on the roster (emergence of Richards, Calhoun, etc) is the difference between this year and the past two years.

Top Bottom