• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Read this on my phone this morning. Baseball is dead, LOL.

Forbes said:
As of Saturday morning, the 2014 MLB postseason has been the most-watched since 2010, with 3.8 million average viewers through Day Two of the Division Series, an increase of +15% over last year through the same point, according to Nielsen.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...ll-seeing-most-watched-postseason-since-2010/

Baseball is doing better than ever. We even have FMT in here posting, that's gotta say something positive for the game!

aFIGurANT

If the ump hadn't incorrectly called Greinke out, it's probably a double play anyway because he wasn't anywhere near 2nd base and had actually run out of the baseline. But because Adams thought Greinke was out, he didn't throw. And because Greinke was going back to the dugout right after he thought he was tagged, we don't know for sure if he would have made it to second (probably not, though).

It's a definite flaw with instant replay. The call that was made was probably for the best given the extreme ambiguity with plays like this. It seemed like a bad application of a rule to me, but that's baseball

Makes me wonder if players will just be taught to complete plays regardless of what the umpires do. You kind of already see that with some like plays at the plate or a runner running past 3rd because the third out could be overturned. Will definitely be confusing if it happens

Yeah I didn't catch the implications until I got a text from my Dad, but you're right. That was one case where I think the speed of Gordon really did fuck with Wong's head. It wasn't a total blunder but if pretty much anyone on the diamond keeps their head and points to 2nd/Greinke, it's a double play and only one run scores.

Also I bet that something weird happens with replay this year, we're asking for it. Maybe Posey blocks the plate and fractures the hell out of his lower-body again. I'm not saying I want it to happen, but...I would watch it happen.

Fixed that for you
What is this, wrestling? SF's getting shit for not putting other teams over?
So you're admitting you don't pay attention to the postseason every year then?
Every year, every other year, whatever. Every post season it's either the boring ass Giants or the boring ass Cardinals. I'm just tired of it. I wish there was more parity. It reminds me of the NBA. I'd love to see the Cubs make a deep run, or the Pirates, the Mets, the Nats. Instead we have the Giants/Cards/Dodgers every stinkin' year. Remember those St Louis world series? They were like some of the lowest rated of all time. Giants ones probably were too. Even when they had Barry that one year he made the WS that was one of the lowest rated ever. Reminds me of the years when the Steelers would make deep runs into the playoffs and win Super Bowls. Steelers, Ravens, those type of boring teams.

Read this on my phone this morning. Baseball is dead, LOL.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...ll-seeing-most-watched-postseason-since-2010/

Baseball is doing better than ever. We even have FMT in here posting, that's gotta say something positive for the game!

NOOOOOO it's dead!!! it died!!

Every year, every other year, whatever. Every post season it's either the boring ass Giants or the boring ass Cardinals. I'm just tired of it. I wish there was more parity. It reminds me of the NBA. I'd love to see the Cubs make a deep run, or the Pirates, the Mets, the Nats. Instead we have the Giants/Cards/Dodgers every stinkin' year. Remember those St Louis world series? They were like some of the lowest rated of all time. Giants ones probably were too. Even when they had Barry that one year he made the WS that was one of the lowest rated ever. Reminds me of the years when the Steelers would make deep runs into the playoffs and win Super Bowls. Steelers, Ravens, those type of boring teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jayson-stark/post/_/id/11/mlb-greater-parity-nfl

• That World Series came at the end of a postseason in which five of the 10 playoff teams were teams that hadn't made the postseason the year before. That would be 50 percent of them, if you're calculating along at home.

And what do you know -- that was still a better percentage of new teams than the NFL playoffs, in which only 41 percent (5 of 12) of this year's playoff teams were new. How 'bout that.

there is a LOT more to quote but basically your talking point of the same teams making to the playoffs every year is false.

zroid

Banned
LOL WTF IS THAT

he drops the ball and then literally pushes the runner away from the base on the ground while he scoops the ball back up

bahahahahaha

aFIGurANT

Damn, that's not cool Schoop. He should be safe.

And why the hell are we seeing so many throws to second when lumbering dudes like Miggy are going to first?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So use to having nothing to watch in October has gotten you to be one bitter man.
It all started when Bill Smith traded JJ Hardy for fucking nothing to open up salary to re-sign Carl Pavano. It's all been downhill since then. Sucking hard for years has definitely gotten to me, but I've never liked the Tigers!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
15452624015_9bcbe4da3d_b.jpg

Just snapped this guy at Kauffman... Lol.

Go Royals!

Top Bottom