• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Why didn't he have Ethier PH? Mattingly is just an unbelievable manager. Consistently shocking. I don't care if Ellis is hitting better than his typical .200 batting average. He's not as good as Ethier and the game and realistically the series is on the line. Why doesn't he do the obvious? Mind blown.

Yeah I was kinda surprised. Ellis doesn't seem like the type to contend with a fireballer like Rosenthal. Give Either or Turner the AB there.

BFIB

We're on the ropes with our best pitcher on the mound on short rest.

Baseball gods help us.

Welp. Time to listen to Dodger Talk with a bunch of angry Dodgers fans calling for Don's head.
Still a must win for the Cards. If it's back in LA with Grienke, I don't see them winning.

Meier

Yeah I was kinda surprised. Ellis doesn't seem like the type to contend with a fireballer like Rosenthal. Give Either or Turner the AB there.
I just don't think he is cut out for the job. There were obvious deficiencies last year. He only avoided being fired because Puig and Hanley turned the season around. Hopefully we ditch him in the offseason.

JDeluis

Baseball gods help us.

Welp. Time to listen to Dodger Talk with a bunch of angry Dodgers fans calling for Don's head.

It might end up being a repeat of game 6 last year. :(

Tomorrow they need to put Van Slyke in Left Field and Turner on 3B. Maybe Etheir in CF?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Nats are our only hope.

There can only be one

fu3Errf.gif

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It's too bad the ump fucked Kemp so bad on "strike 3." That inning could've been really interesting.

K0KU6BC.png

So many arsonists in bullpens in these playoffs, Jesus.

I just don't think he is cut out for the job. There were obvious deficiencies last year. He only avoided being fired because Puig and Hanley turned the season around. Hopefully we ditch him in the offseason.

I do wonder if they need a veteran experience manager like Davey Johnson or something. Someone who might be a retread but at least won't make boneheaded decisions.

Baseball gods help us.

curious to hear what kevin kennedy says about some of mattingly's decisions .. oh and take a shot every time david vassegh says "no doubt about it"

im not worried bout kershaw on short rest so much as it being the fucking cardinals

Opiate

If the Cardinals get knocked out, I'm rooting for "anyone but the Giants." Not that the Giants seem like a bad lot, but I do like the wealth to be spread around. Specifically, there's a whole generation of Baltimore and Kansas City kids who have never seen their teams do anything important. In fact, I suspect it will have hampered baseball's popularity with young generations in those cities by now.

Kevin has been on Donnie's side so many times. This series has had even him questioning his actions.

Kevin Kennedy retweeted
Dylan Hernandez @dylanohernandez · 36m 36 minutes ago
Brian Wilson cranking it up to 87 mph. #Playoffs

LOL

brian wilson said he was saving his "heat" for the playoffs

BrianWilsonLook.gif

I hate the Cardinals so much. Not as much as I hate the Red Sox but they are right underneath them. I rather see the Giants win another World Series than see the Cardinals even play in one.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Dodgers should hire Gardenhire.
Gardy would do the same shit. He's an absolutely awful in game manager.

And trust me, I love Gardy, and would prefer to have him over most of the names being talked about for the new manager. But he's got some HUGE warts.

zychi

Banned
I guess the Cards are the only team to ever call an nba timeout during a baseball game.

Bullpen getting rocked? Fuck it call a timeout!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Gardy would do the same shit. He's an absolutely awful in game manager.

And trust me, I love Gardy, and would prefer to have him over most of the names being talked about for the new manager. But he's got some HUGE warts.
Realistically they all suck.

Kershaw on short rest versus, what, the Cardinals' fourth starter? Well, let's see what Kershaw has in the tank, and if he has another bad inning. The thing is, on short rest, they'll need the bullpen to be there tomorrow.

Hindsight being 20/20, Mattingly should have pulled Kershaw after 6 and left Greinke and Ryu in for the 8th and 7th, respectively (easy for me to say, it's not my arms turning to mush). Oh well, that's life. At least they saved the Greinke game and there's a chance at another one if Kershaw can make it through game 4.

GG's cards gaf. Better than us tonight. Only gripe was Dale Scott fucked up a good pitchers duel. He make Angel Hernandez looked good.. Just one thing Cards Gaf,, Pay Carpenter!!! Give him extra money!!

E: Dodgers gaf,, when is it time to SIT Puig?

zroid

Banned
I'm all about that Orioles/Nationals WS, even though I do think the Giants will beat the Nats tomorrow, and then I will be sad.

GG's cards gaf. Better than us tonight. Only gripe was Dale Scott fucked up a good pitchers duel. He make Angel Hernandez looked good.. Just one thing Cards Gaf,, Pay Carpenter!!! Give him extra money!!

E: Dodgers gaf,, when is it time to SIT Puig?

I don't see why Puig should be benched. He did well in game 1 and had a triple in this game. There's a couple of players not pulling their weight.

Why would they sit Puig? He got a triple tonight and scored the only run of the game. Meanwhile AGon and Kemp went 0-8 combined. The Dodgers had guys on frequently but never produced.

Donny is a moron. It's the playoffs! There is no tomorrow! He needs to run these starters into the ground because the bullpen is a fucking hit factory.

His decision to keep Ellis in, actually, is one I agree with. Ellis is batting like .600 in this series.

Speaking of hot bats, I better not see another goddamn pitch to Matt Carpenter for the rest of the series. Either walk him or bean him.

JDeluis

Lol Dodger Talk. Someone rip a new one on Donny for adding Elbert to the roster.

He was correct. Why would they leave Jamey Wright out of the lineup for someone who has not pitched for the past two years.

Puig will stay in the lineup tomorrow. Only replacement might be Turner on 3B instead of Uribe. Gonzo needs to stop hitting at the 1st pitch and Kemp had some awful ball pitches called strikes. Gordon needs to learn from the AL and
bunt.
more often.

That's nice and all, but he's had nothing but strikeouts leading up to it. He has no plate discipline.

I think his discipline's actually been better lately than usual. He's not swinging at every first pitch like he usually does, anyway. Dude's batting .250 in the playoffs, same as Crawford, and I like Puig's arm better than Crawford's. And his avg is still better than .167 AGon and .077 Uribe. Gordon's sub .200 as well.

Main thing is I don't think it makes any sense to lay a bunch of blame on Puig. The lineup isn't batting anywhere near as well as it should be, but Puig's far from the worst offender.

He was correct. Why would they leave Jamey Wright out of the lineup for someone who has not pitched for the past two years.

Puig will stay in the lineup tomorrow. Only replacement might be Turner on 3B instead of Uribe. Gonzo needs to stop hitting at the 1st pitch and Kemp had some awful ball pitches called strikes. Gordon needs to learn from the AL and
bunt.
more often.

I watched Fred Roggan sports on ch 4 and he ripped Dale Scott a new one. He getting fined tomorrow

BFIB

I watched Fred Roggan sports on ch 4 and he ripped Dale Scott a new one. He getting fined tomorrow

Can't say I blame him. That was one of the absolute worst strike zones I've ever seen. Had the Cards lost, rest assured a few Cards players here in St. Louis wouldn't have had kind words either.

I just had a feeling from the first inning that this ump was going to find a way to make himself involved in the outcome one way or another.

Top Bottom