• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

I would have kept Puig in. He's been decent apart from the large amount of strikeouts (which count the same as any ordinary out), and his arm and athleticism keeps runners in check.

Overlee

Fuck Donny Baseball! You didn't see Matt Williams benching Harper before the elimination game yesterday. Total panic move. Either goes 0-4 and the Doyers lose on a groundball to CF and a play at the plate in the 9th inning.

Please new Commish:
Robot Umps 2015!
Robot Managers 2015!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Puig can't be the best player on the team because he is an untrained black man. He is, in fact, dangerous and harmful.

eznark

Banned
Puig can't be the best player on the team because he is an untrained black man. He is, in fact, dangerous and harmful.

I guess it makes sense. I mean, temperatures are dropping and it's a night game.

o-DUSTY-BAKER-facebook.jpg

I don't get benching Puig. The only other Dodfet who can play CF is Ethier and he's terrible. Why not just move him down in the order and bat Hanley 2nd?

Fox318

Fuck Donny Baseball! You didn't see Matt Williams benching Harper before the elimination game yesterday. Total panic move. Either goes 0-4 and the Doyers lose on a groundball to CF and a play at the plate in the 9th inning.

Please new Commish:
Robot Umps 2015!
Robot Managers 2015!
also:
Void Texiara's contract

Please

I would have kept Puig in. He's been decent apart from the large amount of strikeouts (which count the same as any ordinary out), and his arm and athleticism keeps runners in check.

Yup. It feels like Donnie is buying into the shitty "7 STRAIGHT STRIKOUTS!" narritive as if that's worse somehow than 7 straight popups or, worse, seven straight GIDPs. Is Puig batting any worse than Gonzalez or Uribe? Aren't they each like 1-12 on this series or something like that? Mattingly makes Grady Little look like Sparky Anderson.

Cardinals manager Mike Matheny listed Lynn as a possible starter for a decisive Game 5 should the Dodgers force one with a victory tonight.

Wainwright is the planned starter, but the club wants to make sure it has an alternative if the soreness or stiffness that has complicated the second half intrudes on his availability.

"Just making sure that Waino feels right," Matheny explained later. "We’ve got two guys on regular rest it wouldn’t be a stretch to have either one of them go. There’s no question that Waino has been fighting it. I haven’t made that a secret and neither has he. It’s all going to come down to how he feels. The likelihood of him saying, ‘I can’t go,’ is very slim. But it is a possibility that something might not feel right."
This doesn't bode well for our chances going forward, even if we manage to advance to the next series.

The Dodgers need offense, offense, and more offense, considering the bullpen is going to likely have to work extended innings today. Even if Kershaw is on his game, how long can he be expected to last on short rest?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Puig has hit .250/.357/.417 (124 wRC+) this series. Its not like he has struggled. And they are sitting him? lol.

BFIB

If the Dodgers lose tonight, Mattingly is going to have a lot to answer for by not starting Puig, despite his struggles. His defense still brings a lot to the table.

Damnit Mattingly, I can barely muster up any excitement for the game now. I get that some of the other poor decision look easier in hindsight, but this is just fucking stupid.

BFIB

Damnit Mattingly, I can barely muster up any excitement for the game now. I get that some of the other poor decision look easier in hindsight, but this is just fucking stupid.

Series is far from over. Miller hasn't exactly rung up great numbers against the Dodgers so far in his career.

I'm hoping we just keep it close and run up Kershaws pitch count quickly.

Askani

Puppy lady got her dog: http://www.kansascity.com/living/article2557740.html

It’s a blessed event for Kansas City’s Royals puppy couple: They’re the proud parents of a pooch.

Katie Castan, who was holding that now-famous sign at the Wild Card Game last week — “If We Win, He’s Buying Me a Puppy!” — says she and boyfriend Joe Onofrio have adopted a 4-year-old Pembroke Welsh corgi.

The couple had been planning to visit KC Pet Project, Kansas City’s municipal animal shelter, over the weekend, but late last week they heard from “a family of wonderful pet owners” who’d been trying to find a new home for the corgi — the breed pictured on her sign.

Top Bottom