• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Kershaw couldn't stop thinking that it was the 7th inning. He was doing so well up until that point.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Hey Dodgers fans, don't give up hope- Rosenthal is going to be pitching.

zychi

Banned
Clayton Manning 2: The Chokening

Totally the same :jnc

Guy pitching on no rest who's carried the pitching all year. Who has no bullpen, his overpaid team is barely hitting for him(gee, i wonder why boston wanted to trade half of these bums).

versus

a guy who is given the best teams in the nfl, has the highest scoring teams in nfl history and gets blown out in a super bowl?

fuck outta here with that comparison.

Maddocks

They made him throw over 100 pitches on short rest. It's hardly his fault. If the Dodgers bullpen were more reliable he'd have been out after the 6th.

yup. giving blame to colleti on this one. Kersh did all he could, he was forced to stay in because the pen would have done worse and caused more damage.

Totally the same :jnc

Guy pitching on no rest who's carried the pitching all year. Who has no bullpen, his overpaid team is barely hitting for him(gee, i wonder why boston wanted to trade half of these bums).

versus

a guy who is given the best teams in the nfl, has the highest scoring teams in nfl history and gets blown out in a super bowl?

fuck outta here with that comparison.

Seriously. You can't blame Kershaw for this. Anyway, great job by Baez getting out of that without any more damage. Sigh... if only he'd started the 7th.

We should be two innings away from winning this series, and instead we are two innings away from losing this series.

Ryu actually had the lead when he left yesterday. Our bullpen has lost us 2 games in the series already and will likely cause us to lose this as well (though that's more because we kept Kershaw in due to fear of another bullpen meltdown).

They made him throw over 100 pitches on short rest. It's hardly his fault. If the Dodgers bullpen were more reliable he'd have been out after the 6th.
Short rest my ass. He had a month off. His arm was fine. Our bullpen sucks. Ned and Rick f'd us up

Doomsayer

I can't believe they're going to lose the series without ever using Turner.

So much this.

Even though Uribe came through with a RBI he has been straight cheeks all series.

Gordon has been trash as well. Turner was batting over .330, if I'm not mistaken. Such a waste.

Amory

Do Cards fans even realize how fucking spoiled they are? Moments like that home run last inning seem to happen once a game for them. It's unreal.

Go Royals I guess. Least the colors are the same

Branduil

Do Cards fans even realize how fucking spoiled they are? Moments like that home run last inning seem to happen once a game for them. It's unreal.

Go Royals I guess. Least the colors are the same

They get so much more than they deserve it's ridiculous. Especially considering so many of their fans are racist losers.

Mabey Puig will pinch hit.

100% no chance. He was benched for his hitting, not his fielding, especially his striking out in big situations. There's no way he'd be put in here, even with Mattingly as dumb as he is. It's Turner or Van Slyke, and he used SVS yesterday because he thought he had a better chance of hitting a home run. Dee has hardly hit at all and there's little chance that Juan or AJ will get on, so they'll likely go for the chance of the home run to tie it.

BFIB

They get so much more than they deserve it's ridiculous. Especially considering so many of their fans are racist losers.
Oh come on. It's a great fan base that just like any other fan base, has some less than savory fans.

Sounds like sour grapes to me, and I'm respectful of all fans and their teams.

He will stay in for the 7th and in the 8th Mattingly will bring out Zombie-Billingsly and we lose 3-2.

8th should probably be a combo of Wilson/League/Howell and let Jansen come on in the 9th.

you are indeed a Doomsayer.
you know what you guys need right? sell your souls and allow the Yankees to dominate again.

Amory

100% no chance. He was benched for his hitting, not his fielding, especially his striking out in big situations. There's no way he'd be put in here, even with Mattingly as dumb as he is. It's Turner or Van Slyke, and he used SVS yesterday because he thought he had a better chance of hitting a home run. Dee has hardly hit at all and there's little chance that Juan or AJ will get on, so they'll likely go for the chance of the home run to tie it.

Dude I don't even care if he struck out 400 times in a row we better see Puig pinch hit next inning. He can put one out.

Doomsayer

I think you have to take a chance with Puig.

It's all or nothing. Donnie is gone anyway, shit, he may as well use Brandon League to pinch hit at this point.

Top Bottom