• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...00-million-from-tv-renegotiation.html?ana=twt
Braves got $500 million from TV renegotiation

The Atlanta Braves and team owner Liberty Media Corp. received some $500 million last year when they renegotiated the team’s television rights, Liberty CEO Gregory B. Maffei revealed Thursday.
Maffei also discussed the financial benefits of the Braves planned stadium in Cobb County, in a conference call with analysts to discuss Liberty’s first-quarter earnings.

“Last year through some good work of the management of the Braves and a confluence of events, we were able to renegotiate positively a bunch of those [TV] rights and receive probably on the order of $500 million of incremental revenue over the life of the contracts, of value to us,” Maffei said. “So that’s been very positive.”

Liberty previously said the Braves gained $36 million in revenue in 2013, boosting the team's income 16 percent, to $261 million, due in part to "a one time recognition of revenue from a settlement of outstanding broadcast rights issues."

Maffei said the Braves TV deals originally ran out in 2027. He did not say when the renegotiated deals expire.
Oh.

OK.

Parch

I was a bit surprised Juan Francisco was waivered by the Brewers, but he's sure fitting in nicely with the Blue Jays. They can field a pretty strong offensive team with Lind back and the ability to plug that 2B hole with Lawrie when healthy.

Chuck

Still without luck
Oh hey, wouldja lookit that

a would-be tie game if the umpire didn't call a ball 6 inches inside a strikeout.

#robotumpires
#expandreplayatleast

I'm rather enjoying the Jays just crushing everything right now. There's no way it'll last, but if we get to watch a whole bunch of homers every game, that's enough for me.

zroid

Banned
The bullpen was still terrible; thankfully offence was great and the Phillies' bullpen was worse...

(edit: correction-- Loup and Rogers were terrible. Stroman was a boss.)

I'm rather enjoying the Jays just crushing everything right now. There's no way it'll last, but if we get to watch a whole bunch of homers every game, that's enough for me.

It was the Phillies. Angels are gonna wreck us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom