• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Wtf, Duffy's a relief pitcher and we only have 2 hits?

At least Kuma and Zunino kick ass!!
He used to be one of the top pitching prospects in the game. He's only in the bullpen because the Royals would rather give starts to Guthrie and Chen for some reason.

Xater

I need to find a team to root for to make this more interesting to me. Is it lazy to just pick the Yankees? As someone from outside the US I don't have an immediate connection to any of the teams. I also want a team that's decent. Weird dilemma I know.

dodgers are crap

the only series they've won is against the dbacks and twins

trade everyone
We're terrible. All I've got is this Puig gif to show my disappointment.

FrayedIndelibleJaguarundi.gif

I need to find a team to root for to make this more interesting to me. Is it lazy to just pick the Yankees? As someone from outside the US I don't have an immediate connection to any of the teams. I also want a team that's decent. Weird dilemma I know.

Pick the Dodgers. We have some characters.

ifkU45T2MYlYv.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, Dodgers already at the closed-door meeting stage of things?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-20140509-story.html

A day that ended with the Giants scoring twice in the 10th inning to beat the Dodgers, 3-1, started with a closed-door meeting called by Manager Don Mattingly, who was said to be dissatisfied with some of his players' pregame work and readiness for games. Mattingly wouldn't divulge what was said behind the closed doors, other than that it pertained to "where we going, how we get there."

zroid

Banned

You're outside the US? Why not pick the only team that's outside the US! :p

Overlee

Watched The Doyers beat up The Twins last week as part of mlb.tv's "free game of the week" thing and got an email today for 50% off mlb.tv premium!!! Good until the end of the month.

The best part is I live in Oakland so all Giants games are blacked out!

s81LJUf.png

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'd like for the MLB to figure out a way speed up at bats. These guys that take 15 to 20 seconds to re-strap their batting gloves, play around with their pants, twiddle with their helmet, and take a lap around the batters box, they must be stopped.

I've been involved with and watching baseball for over 30 years so I'm not sure why this is just now getting on my nerves but it is. Anyone else?

Parch

.. Anyone else?
They were clamping down on slow play a while back, but they don't seem to be doing it now. They would tell batters to get back in the box. Pitchers can be just as bad.

A lot of slow play can be blamed on moneyball. Batters won't start swinging until they get 2 strikes, and working the walk is a prime strategy.

It's not getting any faster with these video review delays, so the umps should start enforcing slow play again. Pick your ass and fiddle with your equipment on your own time.

I'd like for the MLB to figure out a way speed up at bats. These guys that take 15 to 20 seconds to re-strap their batting gloves, play around with their pants, twiddle with their helmet, and take a lap around the batters box, they must be stopped.

I've been involved with and watching baseball for over 30 years so I'm not sure why this is just now getting on my nerves but it is. Anyone else?
Yes sir, agreed. An ex player said hitters before would never leave the box between pitches. Bring that back.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's pathetic what the Reds Offense has done to Cueto this year. He's having what is on track to be his best year and has 3 wins. 8GP, 1.44 ERA, 68 K's, and 3 wins!!

Tulowitski pushed me over the edge. He takes FOREVER.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

I like my idea of allowing the umpire to punch the batter in the face if they step out.

Branduil

My mom re the Angels:

"Why is it LAA? The Los Angeles Anaheims?"

Wow how ignorant can you be to not know it's the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Orange County, California, USA, North America, the Earth, the Solar System, the Alpha Quadrant, the Milky Way galaxy.

Chuck

Still without luck
what other pirate catch phrases does this guy use on the boradcast? just had "raise the jolly roger" for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom