• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

GOOOOO MARINERSSSSSS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

Predictions:

AL West: Mariners, 162-0
AL Central: Tigers
AL East: Yanquis
Wild Cards: Tejas, Boston

NL West: Doyers
NL Central: Saint Louis
NL East: Natinals
Wild Cards: Reds, Gigantes

World Series Champs: St Louis

Seems like yesterday Tommy Hanson was debuting vs roided up Braun and co.

He's trying to pitch with Texas. Along with former Braves system guys who were hurt last year Matt Harrison and Neftali Feliz.

It is amazing how many arms and elbows are burned through nowadays.

Teams should try my MVP baseball theory of roster management. Drafted all offense. 1 workhorse like Livan Hernandez. The rest were bullpen guys.

Being a NL team I would rarely have a pitcher bat. Could mix and match bullpen arms to have match-ups where the hitter had lower success.

And could bean players at will cause it was only a mediocre pitcher going to get ejected.

Seems like yesterday Tommy Hanson was debuting vs roided up Braun and co.

He's trying to pitch with Texas. Along with former Braves system guys who were hurt last year Matt Harrison and Neftali Feliz.

It is amazing how many arms and elbows are burned through nowadays.

Teams should try my MVP baseball theory of roster management. Drafted all offense. 1 workhorse like Livan Hernandez. The rest were bullpen guys.

Being a NL team I would rarely have a pitcher bat. Could mix and match bullpen arms to have match-ups where the hitter had lower success.

And could bean players at will cause it was only a mediocre pitcher going to get ejected.

The Rockies tried something similar 2 years ago IIRC. Didn't work out that well.

The Rockies tried something similar 2 years ago IIRC. Didn't work out that well.
They didn't go in deep enough though, it was only like a four month experiment, if that. It all starts with the draft. Drew Pomeranz can't miss bats. Hope he can for the A's though. Sorry about Jemile, Jango. Lol.

Worley plced on waivers. Remember when some Phils fans thought he had ace stuff. Hope May pans out. Sorry Lamby.

turnbuckle

‏@Chris_Iott
Bruce Rondon complained of discomfort in his elbow Monday. Checked out this week. Tommy John.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Bruce Rondon out for the season.

fuck it all. Tigers are fucked. fuck fuck god fucking dammit

BFIB

Diaz getting a start at SS for the Cards today. Still not optioned, my guess is Kozma is a Detroit Tiger before too long.

I bought a ticket at MGM Grand for my Phillies at 40/1 to win the series. That was a longshot anyway, but, I think I'll just rip it up already.

Parch

There's still some tough rotation decisions for a lot of teams. Some 4th and 5th starters are going to get shelled. If you've got 5 guys you're comfortable with, you're ahead of the curve.

Parch

Tommy John used to be the pitching coach for the Edmonton Trappers. He sucked as a coach, but was a good storyteller. He managed some indy team in the Atlantic league until he ran out of stories.

Regarding the Springer situation, is it possible for teams to effectively blackmail players by saying "sign this team friendly extension or we'll keep you in the minors longer and delay your service time"?

Malo

Banned
Worst thing ever made.

Also, YANKEES COUNCIL IN THE MOTHERFUCKING BUILDING.

Last season was one of darkness, as GOD™ retired after years of crushing hopes and dreams, and the evil Red Sox managed to stay un-injured long enough for everyone to lose allowing them to win the World Series by default.

This season, your favorite baseball team and the paragon of all goodness and light on Earth - that's right, your New York baseball Yankees - have retooled themselves by adding several players, and by converting all of CC Sabathia's lost weight into Japanese pitching phenom Masahiro Tanaka. Provided nobody gets too beat up and all the current Yankees perform to reasonable career averages, they will lay waste to the AL East and embark on a revenge tour that should rival 2009 (with goofy inconsistent AJ Burnett pitching performances made up by Ivan Nova instead).

...also, some guy named "Jeeter" or something like that is retiring. Supposedly that's a big deal for everyone, since he's probably one of the 5 greatest players to ever play his position all-time and inarguably so - but that's whatever. I'm sure people will make time to see whoever that guy is, knowing full well that their otherwise unworthy lives will be made by his brief, fleeting apperance in it.

In conclusion:

- fuck the Mets
- fuck the Red Sox
- fuck Robinson Cano
- ketchup is a clown sauce
- YANQUIS BEISBOL
- QUISQUEYA, son.
This post brought a tear to my eye. It's so beautiful.

knowshon-moreno-emotional-at-the-end-of-the-national-anthem.gif

Regarding the Springer situation, is it possible for teams to effectively blackmail players by saying "sign this team friendly extension or we'll keep you in the minors longer and delay your service time"?

I assume that the player could sign a grievance at some point. The situation is pretty dumb though.

jman2050

Worst thing ever made.

Also, YANKEES COUNCIL IN THE MOTHERFUCKING BUILDING.

Last season was one of darkness, as GOD™ retired after years of crushing hopes and dreams, and the evil Red Sox managed to stay un-injured long enough for everyone to lose allowing them to win the World Series by default.

This season, your favorite baseball team and the paragon of all goodness and light on Earth - that's right, your New York baseball Yankees - have retooled themselves by adding several players, and by converting all of CC Sabathia's lost weight into Japanese pitching phenom Masahiro Tanaka. Provided nobody gets too beat up and all the current Yankees perform to reasonable career averages, they will lay waste to the AL East and embark on a revenge tour that should rival 2009 (with goofy inconsistent AJ Burnett pitching performances made up by Ivan Nova instead).

...also, some guy named "Jeeter" or something like that is retiring. Supposedly that's a big deal for everyone, since he's probably one of the 5 greatest players to ever play his position all-time and inarguably so - but that's whatever. I'm sure people will make time to see whoever that guy is, knowing full well that their otherwise unworthy lives will be made by his brief, fleeting apperance in it.

In conclusion:

- fuck the Mets
- fuck the Red Sox
- fuck Robinson Cano
- ketchup is a clown sauce
- YANQUIS BEISBOL
- QUISQUEYA, son.

yr2Nvs4.gif

lol he does

you staying up tonight harry?

thoughts on Turner starting 2B? i thought guerrero looked pretty good in ST but i guess they're not too confident in him yet for some reason

lol he does

you staying up tonight harry?

thoughts on Turner starting 2B? i thought guerrero looked pretty good in ST but i guess they're not too confident in him yet for some reason
Yeah I'll be trying to stay up tonight. We'll see how it goes.

As for Justin Turner, I didn't watch a whole lot of spring training so I don't know. From the few games I've seen he doesn't seem like a great hitter but he's a serviceable second baseman.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So wait the Australian fuck you America games are tonight/tomorrow morning?

shwimpy

wait, haven't been following this move to sportsnet at all. it's not the same channel as the lakers channel correct? is the MLBN feed gonna be blacked out in LA?

damn you time warner...

So wait the Australian fuck you America games are tonight/tomorrow morning?
Yes.
wait, haven't been following this move to sportsnet at all. it's not the same channel as the lakers channel correct? is the MLBN feed gonna be blacked out in LA?

damn you time warner...
Yeah it's a separate channel. So that means we have to wait yet again for every cable provider in LA to get their ass in order and give us the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom