• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
Steve Berthiaume ‏@BertDbacks 49m
Is this bad? #Dbacks players bus just broke down on way to @scg Team had to walk final half-mile or so.
BjTTYKtCUAAMOOV.jpg

lol

ESPN did an article on the Phillies spring with quotes from scouts and executives.

Most disappointing team I've seen all spring.

Their whole spring has been a trainwreck.

It's painful to watch that team. That's an old team, and it plays like an old team.

They're going to be real bad. If they didn't play in the same division as the Mets and Marlins, I'd peg them as a 100-loss team. I'd be shocked if they lost less than 90 with that team.

It's going to be a long, long year for them.

On Ryan Howard:

Just a guy who's up there flailing away.

A lot of at-bats. It's looking like he's swinging just in case he hits it.

Can't sit on his back leg to drive anything anymore.

Has lost any sense of what is a strike and what is a ball.

On Jonathan Papelbon:

I don't know what's wrong with him, but it really looks like he doesn't want to be out there. His fastball is 89-90. His split does nothing. He's got no out-pitch. I know it's spring training, and maybe he's just trying to get ready. But his body language is awful. He's got no energy at all out there.

He's not one guy you can really depend on. I wouldn't be shocked if Sandberg used someone else as the closer later this year. I think that's actually likely, the way he's throwing. He doesn't have one above-average pitch right now.

On Domonic Brown:

I'm starting to worry that first half last year was an aberration and the real Domonic Brown is the confused guy we've seen this spring.

On Chase Utley:

The lone bright spot. He's still their best player. But the Chase Utley of 2006-2009, we're never going to see that guy again.

On Jimmy Rollins:

I've got him with 14 straight balls in the air. He's a popup machine. He looks like a very old 35.

lmao. Dodgers and Diamondbacks may start with a rain delay. It's been storming. Tarp is on the field. Dodgers BP was ended early.

Good ol' early morning baseball halfway across the world. I'm sure Kenesaw Mountain Landis is kicking himself in hell for not coming up with that remarkable idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom