• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh it's these two teams playing each other again in the battle of "Who sucks more!"

At least Cosart is pitching decent.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
That was a interesting 7th inning for the braves/brewers game. Shame the braves can't play the brewers anymore this season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mariners have a shortstop Curse. It's the only thing I can think of.

RTXvdZH.jpg

eznark

Banned
Ron Roenicke forgot to warm up a pitcher before removing Garza.

I repeat. Ron Roenicke forgot that he had to get a guy warm before removing his starter. He force Will Smith to pitch without any preparation or warm up. The umpires were so concerned they called the league offices to try and find a loophole which would allow Smith to get warm.

Ron Roenicke, Major League Baseball Manager, forgot to get a reliever warm before removing his starter.

Looks like Hendriks is starting tomorrow against the A's

what's this sense of impending doom I'm feeling?

But the Jays' magic number is only 115!

They're still in it at Victoria Day -- that's better than I thought the season would go, so anything more is just a bonus. If they can beat the A's with Liam Hendriks starting, I'll start to believe that maybe we'll get to watch a fun season for the first time in twenty years.

Enron

Banned
Ron Roenicke forgot to warm up a pitcher before removing Garza.

I repeat. Ron Roenicke forgot that he had to get a guy warm before removing his starter. He force Will Smith to pitch without any preparation or warm up. The umpires were so concerned they called the league offices to try and find a loophole which would allow Smith to get warm.

Ron Roenicke, Major League Baseball Manager, forgot to get a reliever warm before removing his starter.

i was listening to this on the radio in the car, i couldn't believe it.

Parch

Good grief. Pay attention Ron. You'd think an assistant coach or player would tackle him or something before he got out there. Is the whole damn team sleeping?

BFIB

The Cardinals have sold Joey Butler's contract to a Japanese team.

Meanwhile, Shane Robinson continues to be our "power threat" off the bench. I like what we have in place, but seriously, we couldn't get Grichuk called back up and let him start a few games here and there?

It seems like there is anything, everything to protect Descalso, Jay, and Robinson sometimes.

How did Grichuk look when he was up? Maybe they're just trying to get Mr. "I was selected right before Mike Trout" some regular ABs in Memphis instead of PHing a few times a week.

BFIB

How did Grichuk look when he was up? Maybe they're just trying to get Mr. "I was selected right before Mike Trout" some regular ABs in Memphis instead of PHing a few times a week.

He only had 23 AB's. Can't even give a sample size w/ that. Robinson is recalled, and Grichuk goes back to AAA and continues to rake. Meanwhile, Robinson has struggled a lot this year, along w/ Descalso (who is just a wasted spot at this point), and Jay/Bourjos in their platoon.

I know this is still the learning curve of Matheny. But you have to give these young guys chances to start games, or put them in situations to succeed during the game in late innings.

He only had 23 AB's. Can't even give a sample size w/ that. Robinson is recalled, and Grichuk goes back to AAA and continues to rake. Meanwhile, Robinson has struggled a lot this year, along w/ Descalso (who is just a wasted spot at this point), and Jay/Bourjos in their platoon.

I know this is still the learning curve of Matheny. But you have to give these young guys chances to start games, or put them in situations to succeed during the game in late innings.
Can't imagine Matheny having that much autonomy on roster construction yet. Mozeliak could probably override roster decisions if he wanted to (and he was the one who brought back Descalso). The only thing I can blame Matheny for is the bullpen management.

Parch

Liam Hendricks? Time for the Jays to reach into the AAA pool for some desperation pitching. Decent minor league numbers. Please be good and surprise us by earning a regular rotation spot.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Liam Hendricks? Time for the Jays to reach into the AAA pool for some desperation pitching. Decent minor league numbers. Please be good and surprise us by earning a regular rotation spot.

I've said it before, but y'all can totally have Aaron Harang and Dan Uggla for one (1) Brett Lawrie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom