• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I swear we've been bases loaded like every inning now and just 4 runs.

edit: 5th bases loaded, we better get at least 1 run ffs . be sad to have more bases loaded than runs

edit; I like runs

Man, who is the Dodgers' announcer? He's sleep-inducing.

0156_ymqb.gif

harSon

Banned
I really dislike our bullpen at times.

Also, I swear even when our pitchers pitch well, they somehow only last 5 innings.

Hello Kitty bobbleheads?

This is when you know the bobblehead gimmick has gone too far

The Jays store at SkyDome has a whole bunch of Hello Kitty Jays merch.....pretty sure several teams do

Gotta grow the fanbase somehow

Up here they compared it to the Jays clothing at Pink (Victoria Secret's other store)

hello - first time posting in this thread, but long time lurker :p

anyways need some advice, would you guys drop Alcides Escobar for Singleton, keep in mind I have Solarte as well as Andrus so position wise is pretty well covered, but I have a feeling Escobar will have a tremendous year.

Also I am not sure if Solartes power will keep up, we have seen him slow down the past week.

Ryne Sandberg has not proven himself to be a particularly astute tactician.

He has been terrible so far. The other day he had them pitch to the #8 hitter with a runner in scoring position rather then walk him and face the pitcher, or course the guy got a hit and drove in a run for the Mets which caused the game to go to extra innings and then the Phils lost. His tactical mistakes arnt even the biggest problem, he is just to soft spoken. The other day when Dom didnt hustle it was Utley who got in his face. That is the managers fucking job. At the deadline trade everyone, then in the offseason fire the manager and bring in a firey guy to manage all the young guys next year.

The Orioles have purchased the contract of Johan Santana and placed him on the 15-day DL. Santana would have been able to opt out of his contract if the Orioles did not place him on the 40-man roster by midnight tonight. He informed he was going to opt out, and the Orioles decided to purchase his contract.

The Phillies have signed Jason Marquis to a minor league deal. Marquis is still recovering from Tommy John surgery in July 2013 and should be ready to pitch in July or August.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
He has been terrible so far. The other day he had them pitch to the #8 hitter with a runner in scoring position rather then walk him and face the pitcher, or course the guy got a hit and drove in a run for the Mets which caused the game to go to extra innings and then the Phils lost. His tactical mistakes arnt even the biggest problem, he is just to soft spoken. The other day when Dom didnt hustle it was Utley who got in his face. That is the managers fucking job. At the deadline trade everyone, then in the offseason fire the manager and bring in a firey guy to manage all the young guys next year.
Matt Williams will likely be available.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Matt Vasgersian was on the local AM sports radio morning show talking about MLB Network and how the Mets and Nationals get way too much coverage on their network due to too many Mets apologists in the building and the hype machine around Harper and Strasburg.

Sanjuro

Workman gets six game ban for not hitting a All Star third baseman with a baseball.

Cancer Rays get zero games for embarrassing themselves.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If Atlanta doesn't win today's game with this pitching match-up, I may not watch baseball again for a month.

after last night's game I don't understand what it is that the Yankee plan is.
they said they wanted to "cut" payroll yet they added a few hundred more or whatever it was in the off-season.
they gave out that ridiculous extension to CC(and A-Rod and TEx and, etc) on the wrong side of 30 and have a host of other injuries that expose their bench and their farm system. Tanaka was a nice signing...... but what then?
so they won't rebuild, but they can't reload through free agency. theya re in limbo and with no solid plans other than wait for another good free agent class?

after last night's game I don't understand what it is that the Yankee plan is.
they said they wanted to "cut" payroll yet they added a few hundred more or whatever it was in the off-season.
they gave out that ridiculous extension to CC(and A-Rod and TEx and, etc) on the wrong side of 30 and have a host of other injuries that expose their bench and their farm system. Tanaka was a nice signing...... but what then?
so they won't rebuild, but they can't reload through free agency. theya re in limbo and with no solid plans other than wait for another good free agent class?

Treadmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom