• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
OK yeah, so, Singleton walks for his first major league RBI.

Yeah, RBIs don't matter, but hey.

(Springer scored on it too)

o83Nphb.png

Lolllllllll

Real talk Jays fans, why not let Ricky Romero go? You guys paying a ton of money rotting in minors and possibility not coming back or did he find a remedy to his problems.
Had him in a keeper league so just curious

Jayhawk

Real talk Jays fans, why not let Ricky Romero go? You guys paying a ton of money rotting in minors and possibility not coming back or did he find a remedy to his problems.

Romero is still having issues. I doubt the Blue Jays could get much from a trade.

Down at Coca-Cola Field in Buffalo today, Bisons manager Gary Allenson did something very strange. He took out starter Ricky Romero after he threw 2.2 innings of no-hit ball in his start against the Gwinnett Braves in game 1 of a doubleheader. Why the hell would Allenson do that?

Romero walked nine batters -- a new modern era record for the #Bisons. And he did it in 2 2/3 innings.
— Amy Moritz (@amymoritz) May 16, 2014

Oh.

The final line is pitiful: 2.2 IP, 2 ER, 9 BB, 2 K, 74 pitches, 25 strikes. That's nine walks on eight outs. Romero started the game with a leadoff walk, but got out of it by inducing Joey Terdoslavich (teehee) to ground into a double play. But in the second inning, Romero gave up five straight two-out walks, and was taken out after walking two straight (also with two outs) in the third.

I'm sorry. Is Detroit the only city that has ever showcased their displease for a player who has already blown more saves than all of last year? Who has thrown infielders under the bus because he lacks the ability to get outs?

Like the shortstop who appears to have in the leg a routine ground ball just skip by him that could have ended the inning?

Whether he pitches or not they have to pay him, might as well not completely give up on him like they did Chris Carpenter

Jays win!

Parch

Yeah, Romero still sucks. He's completely lost his control and is stinking up AAA. I think it's pretty safe to say he won't see the majors again. I imagine there isn't much of a buyout opportunity for the Jays, but he can forget about that $13M club option in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom