• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraMallas

MLB.tv app updated with the July preview on Xbone. It's nice. It has the game on the left with your fave team and then all of the current games being played updating on the right. Seems to run smoother, too.

Go, M's!

Ryan Zimmerman can die in a fire

va8Ru.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Only post about a 16 inning game? I guess you have to outlast the west coast games to get noticed. My avatar went 0-7, as did Jayson Werth. Yay.

Exciting ass game to listen to.
My above post was in response to the game. Seriously, fuck all IBBs and bunts in extra innings.

eznark

Banned
Only post about a 16 inning game? I guess you have to outlast the west coast games to get noticed. My avatar went 0-7, as did Jayson Werth. Yay.

Exciting ass game to listen to.

Nothing exciting happened in that game from like the 4th to 14th innings.

People in Toronto and on Twitter keep saying the Jays should go after Zobrist now but haven't seen anyone suggest what they'd have to give up

The talk is at least Daniel Norris and Aaron Sanchez.

They would probably ask for Stroman too if it was for both Price and Zobrist.

Also, Edwin should have come out of that game last night. Guy looked fucking out of it for the rest of the game. He didn't even notice ball four had been called. That's pretty bad.

The talk is at least Daniel Norris and Aaron Sanchez.

They would probably ask for Stroman too if it was for both Price and Zobrist.

Also, Edwin should have come out of that game last night. Guy looked fucking out of it for the rest of the game. He didn't even notice ball four had been called. That's pretty bad.

Yeah, when EE fell over because of a high curveball, it was pretty clear he wasn't all there. Hopefully he's not concussed, because they can't afford to lose him and Bautista for any length of time.

Also, I'm thinking Price and Zobrist would cost at least Sanchez, one of Stroman/Hutch, Norris, Pompey, and Barreto. And I'm probably vastly overvaluing the Jays' prospects here. If we're using Shields as a rough baseline -- and that was 2 full years, instead of a year and a half -- then I don't see how the Jays can pull it off without totally decimating their farm system.

McNei1y

Last night's marathon game was awesome. Ryan Zimmerman took over in the 16th inning.

I heard a stat on MASN the other day about the Nats' record when Span and Rendon scores and it was something like ~20-2... but I just compared their game logs and it seems like they're 22-0 whenever Span and Rendon get at least a run in the same game. Huge.

jakncoke

Banned
David Price going to put up a big strikeout number tonight

edit; wow bunch of clown shit right now, between cutch missing a hanging curve to strikeout, to him missing the play in the OF(although he had a lot of distance to cover) to mercer just botching that infield groundbal. We going to strike out like 12 times and lose by like 9 at this pace

edit:
7357.1181003583215.gif

Going to be one of those games eh

jakncoke

Banned
Charlie Morton got 11 strikeouts today, beside his flop of a 1st inning, pitched well. Sadly we couldnt give him any run support. Game no over, but I cant imagine us scoring more than 1 run today.

Edit; Price the first player since Johan Santana in 2004 with 5 straight 10+ strikeout games

eznark

Banned
HOLY FUCK that cannot be true. MASN crew just said that instead of using his closer in a tie game last night in the 17th, he would've used LaRoche. What in the mother fuck?!

Larry Beinfest is interviewing for the Padres' GM job. He was GM of the Mariners from 1991-1999, Expos from 2000-2001, and Marlins from 2002-2013.

HOLY FUCK that cannot be true. MASN crew just said that instead of using his closer in a tie game last night in the 17th, he would've used LaRoche. What in the mother fuck?!

Duh. Haven't you heard one of the baseball golden rules? Never EVER use your closer in a tie game on the road!

jakncoke

Banned
Addition by subtraction. DFA Grilli

Maxamillion Melo ‏@Sir_CAMellott 9m
If I was a contestant in the homerun derby this year, I would select Jason Grilli as my designated pitcher. Automatic win

hahaahhah

Blearth

Banned
Soooooo...

It's nearly July and Brandon Crawford has an .805 OPS

His 124 wRC+ is third among all ML shortstops

BABIP and HR/FB are not out of whack either.

🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾ TIM LINCECUM NO HITTER ALERT 🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾🚫 ⚾

RGVNOE

Damn MLB Network it's cool that Lincecum is throwing a no hitter, but I tuned in to watch STL, just show the no hitter highlights later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom