• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wilson in to close...

x0y4zkT.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
The only reason he was good last year is because nobody had a chance to really scout him. Now that everyone in the league knows all he's got is a mid 90's fastball that he can throw reliably everyone is able to tee off on him. When he's not throwing that fastball he's got very little control.

Very late reply(I googled my name to see if anyone quoted me lately in non nfl threads lol) but of my personal scouting on him. His fastball while averaging 92-93 does get on batters faster than normal but the thing that made him successful last year was he'd throw up in the zone and batters would chase it and made his slider down way more effective. Now batters are holding off (hence his 11 walks in 19 2/3) and his slider is eating a big part of the place and when he tries to throw his fastball in its hitting sweet zones. Basically he done, he has to go now, the faster he goes the better off the Pirates are going to be for it. We may not make the playoffs, we might not make .500 but he sure as fuck wouldnt be satan for the team causing any more late inning meltdowns.

Sorry Harry but Joc is trade bait... If they try to go after Price
I swear, if my boy Joc gets traded I'm going to snap.

His destiny lies in that Dodger Stadium outfield as its holy center fielder wearing the greatest uniform in the history of sports.

I will not have Ned Colletti ruin my dreams!

JDeluis

Dodgers DFA'd Jamie Romak.

It was only a matter of time. Poor guy was in the minors for a long ass time and did jack squat in the majors.

Damn that sucks. He was in the minors for 12 years.

The Backstage: Dodgers show where they talked about his first appearance made me feel for the guy. It was really nice to see his reaction when he got his first hit in the majors.

That's the dumb part about these big baseball trades. There's no salary cap so it's not like you have to trade for a player's bird rights or anything. Trading 3-4 top prospects for a couple of months of a player seems really dumb. Just sign him in the offseason.

Well in Price's case it's a year and a half of control (and Price is arguably at the top of his career now), but yeah unless you see Price as the one piece you need to win this or next season there's no reason to trade top prospects. Especially since the Rays know how to get a lot for their players

Runus

Can we just play the Astros the rest of the year? Even BJ has multiple hits in this series. That's how you know you are a terrible team.

Edit: Nevermind. I forgot Mike Minor is pitching. He gives up runs to every team. Put Hale back in the rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom