• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
They have to start doing something about guys sliding late and going right into someones knee. Its a stupid fucking rule to just allow that, and I hate the Mets.

Yep. With all the other stuff they doing like for catchers is strange how that is still allowed when its that intentional.

LJ11

Expected from Utley, you aren't getting an easy turn if he's on the bases, every Met fan knows this.

Terry is an idiot, he still think Colon is a ground ball pitcher.

Tejada could have aborted the DP attempt and gotten out of the way. Part of the game. You aren't entitled to the DP just because of where the ball was hit.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
sorry guys but you do what you have to to win the game. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for Utley either. also Tejada never touched the bag.
I have no dog in the fight here. Even if that play is legal, that's some dirty shit. He didn't even make an attempt to slide into 2nd.

Maxim726X

sorry guys but you do what you have to to win the game. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for Utley either. also Tejada never touched the bag.

It has nothing to do with being pleasant.

It has to do with an action that could potentially injure someone. It's a dirty fucking slide and that's why it isn't done anymore. Fuck that cunt.

You don't square up on a guys knee, you eat the out and get in the way, get your arms up, don't take out his fucking knee with a slide so late you can't possibly justify it.

Imagine for a moment that was DJ turning that play and Utley threw himself in front of DJ that led to a serious career ending injury.

Fuck that. That isn't good baseball.

so.... no player touched the bag. what now?

but tejada/utley touched when tejada had the ball so it's an out

don't really see a problem with him taking out tejada. aren't you supposed to try to break up double plays that way? it wouldn't have been as bad if tejada wasn't spinning around and going off his feet to try to make the throw

but tejada/utley touched when tejada had the ball so it's an out

don't really see a problem with him taking out tejada. aren't you supposed to try to break up double plays that way? it wouldn't have been as bad if tejada wasn't spinning around and going off his feet to try to make the throw

I could be wrong but I think you have to touch him the with ball/glove to tag him out.

If these bullshit catcher safety rules are in there, there is NO REASON this shouldn't be an automatic out for the runner and an ejection from now on. This kind of bush league dirty shit has no place in baseball.

Caja 117

Imagine for a moment that was DJ turning that play and Utley threw himself in front of DJ that led to a serious career ending injury.

Fuck that. That isn't good baseball.
I wonder, does anyone knows how many carreer ending injuries have happen in baseball due to collition?

He is safe? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom