• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Umps ruining the playoffs so far.

dude, tell me about it..

Angry-WWE-Girl.gif

But what's going on in the game right now? No access to the game.

Why don't all batters accidentally stick their arms/bat out in a "natural motion" after every pitch if they've got a runner on base? What an odd rule.

Montresor

There he goes again, this fucker on sportsnet is defending this play.

On what planet is it a good call to let the run score when Shoo's hand and bat hit the ball.

At work, can someone explain to me what happened?

On Twitter Rangers fans are saying the run is good and Jays fans say the ump messed up

What the hell is going on?

Is there a jersey on the field?

EDIT: from what I gather, the catcher was tossing the ball back to the pitcher, it deflected off the batter, the runner saw the loose ball and ran home safely. Jays are protesting that it's a dead ball, run shouldn't count, batter says he was in the box, after review the run stands.

OK, this might sound a bit weird, but I'm watching this with Baseball knowledge that extends to that episode of the Simpsons.

What on earth happened?

The catcher hit choos bat on the throw back to the pitcher. Odor was smart enough to run in for the score. Home plate ump waived the play dead at first but then realized the mistake and corrected. They reviewed the play to make sure Choo was in the box when the bat was hit and he was.

If the catcher hits the batter with the throw back it is still a live ball. Odor was real smart there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom