• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
If people are going to throw they should at least try to hit the umpires instead of hitting innocent people, jeez it's getting scary

Not surprised this happened with the Jays.

It's Toronto sports in a nutshell. Shit always has to go pear shaped at some point. We can still pull it out but this looks ugly on the city. No doubt.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Regardless of the rule, once the ump calls time the play should be dead.

jman2050

is that how it works in baseball? not how it works in hockey. if the ref calls the play dead the play is dead.

Umpires have the ability to award the runner extra bases depending on the nature of the dead ball, but I'm not sure if that ability applies in this specific instance.

Not surprised this happened with the Jays.

It's Toronto sports in a nutshell. Shit always has to be go pear shaped at some point. We can still pull it out but this looks ugly on the city. No doubt.

Agreed

You're always going to have the drunk frat boys who will do such a thing. It doesn't matter what city you're in. It makes Toronto look bad, yes, but it would've happened elsewhere...and it has.

I'm not defending it, but it's not abnormal either.

This is Toronto's curse, though. Fuck it. Of course we'll lose on a shitty throw by Martin, who's been good all year.

railGUN

Banned
What if the guy tried to slide and missed the base? He was literally allowed to score unimpeeded because the ump walked onto the field waving his arms. Fucking lol. I can't believe you can do that.

The catcher hit choos bat on the throw back to the pitcher. Odor was smart enough to run in for the score. Home plate ump waived the play dead at first but then realized the mistake and corrected. They reviewed the play to make sure Choo was in the box when the bat was hit and he was.

If the catcher hits the batter with the throw back it is still a live ball. Odor was real smart there

OK thanks! Guess I chose an interesting time to watch.

Was it like this but with Choo's bat?

VictorinoHitInHead_medium.gif

BigAT

What if the guy tried to slide and missed the base? He was literally allowed to score unimpeeded because the ump walked onto the field waving his arms. Fucking lol. I can't believe you can do that.

Did you close your eyes during every replay? There was absolutely no play at home to be made, dead ball call or not.

How is it that Odor was halfway to home plate before the ump called time, yet none of the Blue Jays managed to make a play for the ball in that time? It was a heads up play by Odor, and a dumb play by Sanchez for not playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom