• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Great photo :D

ddfb2bf13225430f9be77cea6386903c.png

Mrbob

http://ultimatemets.com/profile.php?PlayerCode=7208

No idea how recent those numbers are but the Mets have little to no experience facing Jon Lester.

Hope they were able to get some tape on him. He's a tough pitcher and Arrieta is tougher.

If the Mets can win either game one or two it puts them in a great position.

The problem the Cubs have is after Lester and Arietta there is a huge drop off. Would be nice to see the Cubs win it all but my fear is that they are still at least one starting pitcher away from doing so. Should be a fun series. Young bats vs young pitching. It's October and getting colder so usually this tilts the favor to pitching. At the same time, it is October and anything can happen. Have the two hottest teams in the National League squaring off.

Now that Greinke opted out I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Cubs uniform next season.

The problem the Cubs have is after Lester and Arietta there is a huge drop off. Would be nice to see the Cubs win it all but my fear is that they are still at least one starting pitcher away from doing so.

Well, you can say that same thing about almost everyone. Certainly the Royals. Ventura, Cueto, and Volquez are our top three guys. Cueto is the only one most would consider an ace, and he's been completely hit or miss since the trade deadline. Looks great in the playoffs, which is why the team got him. Ventura was bad most of the season, but has poured it on the last two months. He has a bright future.

Steady Eddie is our most solid option. Going into the season, everyone was arguing he was a massive downgrade from James Shields, but he anchored the team. I was so happy for him in yesterday's performance. Dude has earned it.

We don't really even have a fourth starter. Chris Young? Kris Medlen? Certainly not dumpster divers Danny Duffy or Jeremy Guthrie...you're locking in a loss when you put them on the mound. It's a good thing you can cut down the rotation some in the playoffs, but our bullpen is going to be tested a lot in longer series. Good thing that collective group is awesome.

Greinke opting-out of 3 years/$71 million, now a free agent.

Not surprised at all by this. After reportedly getting into a fight with Puig, there was no way he was staying in LA. Probably tired of his bullpen blowing games for him too. I wonder where he'll go.

Todays picks.

Going to take KC for +150. I think Price will toss a decent game today but get the tough luck loss. Also going to take the Cubs for +110, Mets haven't seen a lot of him and their bats have cooled off a bit. Also, considering Lester's post season resume it would be hard not to back him.

gaming_noob

Not surprised at all by this. After reportedly getting into a fight with Puig, there was no way he was staying in LA. Probably tired of his bullpen blowing games for him too. I wonder where he'll go.

Todays picks.

Going to take KC for +150. I think Price will toss a decent game today but get the tough luck loss. Also going to take the Cubs for +110, Mets haven't seen a lot of him and their bats have cooled off a bit. Also, considering Lester's post season resume it would be hard not to back him.

Fuck sports gambling. I lived through hell recovering from it.

BumRush

Happy NLCS day, gents. Let's Go Mets!!

I really hope Harvey can find the plate with his fastball today. Getting behind these cubs hitters is a good deal worse than dodgers hitters.

Royals need a win today. I don't like the sound of a 1-1 series heading into 3 straight games in Toronto.

2-3-2 is still the worst format in sports. Even the NBA recognized that it favors the away team and went to a 2-2-1-1-1. It's a relic from an ancient era where people were concerned about travel.

Pakkidis

2-3-2 is still the worst format in sports. Even the NBA recognized that it favors the away team and went to a 2-2-1-1-1. It's a relic from an ancient era where people were concerned about travel.

You have to think about the logistics with baseball though. Under your method they would need a lot more travel time and thus games would be pushed back further into october early november.....not exactly the ideal time to play baseball outside.

If they started the season earlier maybe it would be possible to do a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

JDHarbs

You have to think about the logistics with baseball though. Under your method they would need a lot more travel time and thus games would be pushed back further into october early november.....not exactly the ideal time to play baseball outside.

If they started the season earlier maybe it would be possible to do a 2-2-1-1-1 format.
That would only push them back by one day. I agree the season should start earlier though.

zroid

Banned

In the NHL's farm league they have a best of 5 series where the format is 2-3. Pretty brutal. :lol

krae_man

Baseball is the only sport where the teams play every day. That makes a difference.

I'd rather 2-3-2 taking place over 9 days then 2-2-1-1-1 taking place over 6 weeks like some of the other leagues. Okay I'm embellishing the 6 weeks but some of those 7 game series take way, way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom