• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Just to show you all what the metal guardrails look like in comparison to the wall at the K. Look at the far right of the image. It's a solid foot or two behind the actual wall.

24_zack_behind_left_field_seats.jpg

Why you gotta find proof? Ain't nobody got time for facts here. Joe Buck said so and that's enough apparently.

JDHarbs

Honestly, with a stretch and reach you can get a glove over that wall.
True, but the point of the call was that it wasn't conclusive enough to show that the fan had anything to do with the ball going over anyway.

I get the confusion of everyone here, but at The K that is a homerun. Umps got it right.

zroid

Banned
This pic is making the rounds on twitter. It does seem like he got his glove over the wall, but there's a chance it might have just bounced over anyway

I can see why it's not conclusive

CSCvbUZUcAAnrXQ.jpg

This pic is making the rounds on twitter. It does seem like he got his glove over the wall, but there's a chance it might have just bounced over anyway

CSCvbUZUcAAnrXQ.jpg

His glove is clearly over the wall. I think the ball would have bounced off the corner and back into play.

Just to show you all what the metal guardrails look like in comparison to the wall at the K. Look at the far right of the image. It's a solid foot or two behind the actual wall.

24_zack_behind_left_field_seats.jpg
This pic made me think yeah okay that was a homerun - that is a solid 2 feet or more for him to reach out. But then you got the pic zroid posted and that looks pretty clear the glove is in front of the green fence.

His glove is clearly over the wall. I think the ball would have bounced off the corner and back into play.
Yup it is just a sliver low that it would have bounced back in play probably. A sliver higher and it would have bounced out. Going by that picture zroid posted.

CSCvbUZUcAAnrXQ.jpg

This is clearly shopped. The other guy already showed how it's IMPOSSIBLE to reach that foot and a half to make it over the wall.

JDHarbs

CSCvbUZUcAAnrXQ.jpg
Yup. If the glove wasn't there, it could have still gone over. Just no way to call it a definitive no-homer there.

This is clearly shopped. The other guy already showed how it's IMPOSSIBLE to reach that foot and a half to make it over the wall.
I was referring to the fact that the ball doesn't have to go over the guardrail to be a homer. Not that it was impossible to reach over it.

pestul

I'm not going to argue whether or not it was over the fence.. but why doesn't inconclusive result in the lowest penalty (ie GRD)?

Or is it because it would overrule the call on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom